Team-BHP - Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/107359-fords-driving-skills-life-bangalore-bhpians-edit-report-pg-10-onward.html)

High Points:

Keeping in mind Team-BHP's commitment to safe driving, Ford is organising a "Driving Skills for Life" program only for BHPians. You can own any make of car as a participant (or even not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.

- What? Refer to the post below for my report on the DSFL program.

- When? Sunday, September 18, 2011 at Metro Ford (St. Marks Road) Bangalore.

- Time? Starting at 10:30 am. Will go on till about lunch time. Lunch will be served to the participants.

- Capacity? The session can accommodate 50 BHPians. Prior registration is mandatory.

- How do I register? EDIT on 8th September : Registrations have now closed as the max capacity has been reached. Thanks to all the participating BHPians.

Thanks to Ford India for organising this event for us, and for pro-actively conducting the DSFL program across the country. India is in dire need of safer roads.

P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too :)

"Driving Skills for Life"

Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward-dsfl-logo.jpg

Source: Visit to Ford's Chennai Factory

As part of its "Corporate Social Responsibility" initiative, Ford has recently launched the "Driving Skills for Life" education program in India. The program's scope will cover its employees, while some dealers too have evinced interest in conducting the program at their level.

So, what is the Driving Skills for life program?

More info at the Driving Skills for Life Homepage

Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" for Bangalore BHPians. EDIT : Report Pg. 10 onward-driving-skills-life.jpg

I have sent an email to the above address, with my name, number, age, and the fact that I want to be a part of this program, Anything else that I need to fill in?
Waiting to hear a response from their end.
Lets see what happens.
Will keep you guys posted
EDIT: Got a reply from GTO, my entry is confirmed, looking forward to meet fellow Team BHP ian's There!

Very good initiative by Ford. Do they have plans to take this to other cities too?

Quote:

Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak (Post 2496044)
I have sent an email to the above address, with my name, number, age, and the fact that I want to be a part of this program, Anything else that I need to fill in?
Waiting to hear a response from their end.
Lets see what happens.
Will keep you guys posted

Done & confirmed. We had two registrations in the first 5 minutes of this thread going up :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rameshnanda (Post 2496046)
Do they have plans to take this to other cities too?

Ford india is also having a DSFL India tour in 5 cities starting in Bangalore and then moving to Mumbai, Delhi, Chandigarh and Chennai every week.

Now here's a company that does take "Corporate Social Responsibility" seriously. Excellent initiative by Ford. It would be great help if the powerpoint presentation is available to rest of the bhpians who are unable to attend the event.

I have sent in a mail too. Should I expect a confirmation mail?

Nobel endeavour ford and the Team, sent an email, please confirm my participation.

I hope to gain good knowledge from the auto major and more importantly meet fellow BHPians. I am sure it will be fun filled back to school for a eventful driving eternity.

This is great! a very good initiative by Ford. I have sent e-mail to confirm my participation.
Looking forward to attend the program and to meet fellow BHP-ians.

Good move there by Ford. Is it limited only to BHPians or general folk as well?

There is a growing trend of Corporate entities taking up such initiatives; hope they start reaching the grassroot too; wonderful beginning though.

I mailed my details; hope to get a confirmation soon. I am amused by the kind of initiatives T-BHP takes; but not very amused by how quickly they fill up! :P

Registered! :D

Looking forward to meeting the Bangalore boys from Team BHP, and improving my safe-driving skills. Thank you, Ford, for this wonderful initiative. :thumbs up

Done and confirmed. Looking forward to some classes and practicals (it's been years I have attended ANY class).

Nice finally a step in the right direction. We need more initiatives like this.

In fact if Insurance companies recognise and credit people who have taken such courses with lower insurance rates it might even become commercially viable.

Very nice gesture Ford! :thumbs up

Registered and I will be there on the 18th. Looking forward to meeting the B'lore boys. clap:

Very good initiative by Ford. I, for sure, would be among the first ones to sign up when this comes to Delhi.

But i sincerely wish that getting a driver's licence wasn't such a joke as it is now and that they took strict driving tests before issuing one to anybody