Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:14   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Another Laura TSi thread..But got an accidental car instead !!!

Raghvinder ji, you have been too liberal with these guys. Let me get this right:

- You bought a car in Aug'11 so you should have had a 2011 vehicle not manufactured a month or two before purchase.
- They sold you a Dec'10 car without informing you. Usually all dealers face a crunch while selling cars in December and end up with surplus stocks that they sell for a VERY HEAVY discount.
- They not only sold you a 8-9 month old car, they tried to hide the fact that the car has been through an accident. Clearly evident from the data you provided with respect to paint differences and a new glass on the driver side.

Is the car registered yet? If not, return it and ask for a brand new car. Keep up the fight and don't give up. Glad to hear that you have taken the legal route. It will teach Skoda a lesson or two.

On similar lines, hows your Superb performing, especially the DSG? I am told the DSG's have a 10/10 failure rate.
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

Though PDI was mandatory I am not sure it would have caught that difference in the paint finish.
The mistake you did was to accept 2010 make.
Legal route is a long and painful one. I have no faith in the Indian judiciary. They deny justice by delaying it.
If you got some contacts at right places then use them to turn the heat on.

Wish there was a real MunnaBhai e.g. Pre-Gandhigiri days.
Imagine him and Circuit chasing the Skoda dealer and leading them to that room with you.
"Biwi ko call kar aur bol ki kidnap hua hai"
But I digress and must stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
last time I kept oil stocked in my car was in the Sipani D-1.
We seriously need that ownership thread. Will be a funny read.
Old 22nd September 2011, 09:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I am told the DSG's have a 10/10 failure rate.
Sorry for what might be a naive question but don't the Skoda cars share manufacturing facilities and parts with the famed Audi DSGs?
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:11   #34
BHPian

Shame on Skoda for doing such a filthy act. I assume the dealers and the Skoda customer care go hand in hand. They will take some action only when you show them that you are powerful enough for them to reckon with.
Unless and until we show customer power, every service and product industry will try to supress us and sell such low quality products to us.
O.T.:- All these incidents represent how corruption by indians influences world-class products.
I wish Skoda learns a lesson and you get all the value for your hard earned money.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:04   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Very unfortunate series and events and most disappointed with Skoda's attitude in solving the problem. Instead of offering a solution to the customer they are siding with the dealer.

Your pictures and glass evidence clearly point to the fact that you have been given a car which was involved in some accident. It may be minor, but as a paying customer you are entitled to nothing less than a brand new car.

Sad that such incidents leave such a bad taste and completely ruin the experience of owning and enjoying a fabulous machine like the Laura TSi.

As VW2010 mentioned, it is baffling to see that instead of asking the dealer to repaint the fender free of cost, Skoda is telling the customer that there is no difference in the paint finish. Probably they fear that their accepting to repaint it, would imply that they are accepting that it is an accident vehicle and would be asked to replace the car with a new car by the consumer court (if the customer decides to go legal).

Your story really makes one realise the importance of PDI. First PDI at the stock yard before the car goes for registration. Second PDI on the date of delivery, at the showroom, before signing on the "I have accepted delivery of the vehicle in perfect condition" document. Once you have signed on the document, legally you are very weak.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:09   #36
BHPian

I really feel sorry for you! Skodas are like forbidden fruit, they look good till you take a bite and poison yourself!

When I got the Accord instead of Superb a year back, I got a dirty car from Honda too, nothing defective but the odo was 300kms. I did get an apology letter from Honda dealer signed by the Manager and an additional free service. The reason given was the car was delivered in Mumbai but registered in Thane and the registration couldn't be done in first attempt and the car had to go up and down RTO office 2 times.

All the dealers want to make a fast buck but how the parent company controls them is what differentiates them.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:25   #37
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Sorry for what might be a naive question but don't the Skoda cars share manufacturing facilities and parts with the famed Audi DSGs?
afaik all the three brands of the VW family, Skoda, VW and Audi share the same facility.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:29   #38
BHPian

I wouldn't say that it was a big mistake not to do a PDI.
Most passenger car purchasers do not do a PDI before taking delivery. Most do not even know how to decode the VIN.

Usually dealers would not cheat customers' in this manner. There is a certain amount of trust. But Skoda and the dealer in question here seem to be partners-in-crime in this case.

I will make it a point to recommend all my friends to stay away from Skoda!
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:31   #39
BHPian

This is really infortunate.
How can Skoda dealers do this.

Your example has taught me a lesson or two today.
I wish you all the luck in any legal proceddings you might take on.
Bad bad Skoda...never going to touch Skoda ( as if I had finances to touch it.. .lol).

I shall advice my family and friends to stay 100 feet away from Skoda dealers.
Atrocious attitude. Someone should teach them a lesson.
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:33   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the concern !!! The lesson learnt the hard way. Will never every buy another vehicle without thorough PDI ever.

Anyways here are some more pictures of the glass I am talking about !!! with few more components with 2010 manufacture dates !!!

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-glass-driver-door.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-glass-codriver-side.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-glass-rear-driver-side.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-glass-rear-codriver-side.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-air-filter-box.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-compressor-hose.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-engine-mount.jpg

Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-headlight.jpg

I have also done the thickness test of the paint on the fender here are the pics of the same !!!

First the left side fender with the okay paint thickness that is close to ~120 microns
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1146-large.jpg
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1147-large.jpg
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1148-large.jpg
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1149-large.jpg

Now the right side fender which is painted have thickness close to 160 microns which clearly shows it is painted !!!
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1150-large.jpg
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1152-large.jpg
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1153-large.jpg

And final the top of the right side fender it is close to the factory orignal 120 microns !!!
Another Laura TSi thread..But got a damaged car instead !!!-dsc_1167-large.jpg

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 22nd September 2011 at 11:46.
low_bass_makker is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 11:38   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

I love to hate Skoda now. This incident just strengthens my belief even more that nothing is going to change with them. So I think whoever is deciding to buy a car from them should be prepared to be one of those unlucky people. I don't have that kind of a courage.
The saddest and most alarming part is that Skoda is managing to do this with TBHPians, whom we can safely assume to have better knowledge about cars than most people. Also we at Tbhp are all familiar with the infamous Skoda stories. Still they succeed in duping us. I cannot imagine how many non car enthusiasts must be innocently falling prey to Skoda and its dealers each day.

Just one question though: Why did you accept the car when you saw that VIN says december 2010? Or did you figure that out later?

Last edited by drmohitg : 22nd September 2011 at 11:42.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:40   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
On Jaipal (the MD of Giriraj) and Satbir (the Workshop Manager of Giriraj) - they are both close relatives and are 100% in sync with each other all the time. They belong to the nearby Jharsa village which is not exactly known for its good behaving residents. Given this background you should really expect the least from the duo.
Your observation is spot on. Don't want to offend any person/locality but every City has localities with some reputation. In case of Gurgaon, Jharsa is the one. Now Skoda + Jharsa make a great team to rub the people wrong way. I sympathize with the owner.

My suggestion to owner is that before taking legal route he should prepare himself for a long haul as such matter take time to settle. Teach Skoda a lesson or two on in customer care. All the best.
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:29   #43
Senior - BHPian

I fear this will become another Harish case as you have already registered the car. You have to live with a fact that the dealer took you for a ride.

I am worried about the parts in the car. Take it to a different service station or a local service station to see if the parts are original.

I am concerned because of Harish case.
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I fear this will become another Harish case as you have already registered the car. You have to live with a fact that the dealer took you for a ride.

I am worried about the parts in the car. Take it to a different service station or a local service station to see if the parts are original.

I am concerned because of Harish case.
To my luck the car is yet to be registered !! It is still running on TEMP Registration !!!
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:14   #45
Senior - BHPian

If you are absolutely sure the Car is not registered yet, just drop the car back at the dealer and ask them to allot a different car.

But from the below text it feels your car is already under registration process.

[COLOR=#000080]New Car Registration[/COLOR]

For new cars that are to be registered at an address within Mumbai city, the dealer submits the relevant papers to the RTO under whose jurisdiction the address falls.

New cars which are to be registered outside the jurisdiction of Mumbai RTO need, a certificate of temporary registration (CRTM) issued by the RTO in whose jurisdiction the Dealer is located.

In Maharashtra the RTO - Temporary Registration, is valid for a period of 14 days, within which period the Permanent Registration Number for the car has to be obtained from the relevant RTO office.

PROCEDURE: The following documents have to be submitted to the RTO office:
  1. Invoice - (photocopy)
  2. Sale Certificate (form no. - 23) - (original)
  3. Insurance covernote / policy - (photocopy)
  4. Proof of address - (photocopy of ration card, tel. bill etc.)
  5. Certificate of Sales Tax payment- (original)
  6. Receipt of Octroi payment - (original)
  7. Financier's letter - (original)
    (For cars purchased with finance, the financier's letter addressed to the RTO is required to endorse the financier's lien on the car.)
  8. PUC certificate issued by the manufacturer (form no. - 22)
  9. Form -20 (Application for New Car Registration)
  10. Pencil imprint of Chassis No.
  11. PAN / GIR No. issued by the I.T.Authority.
    (Every individual and company who is buying a car is required to furnish the PAN / GIR No. In case of failure to produce the same the buyer is required to make a declaration by submitting Form No:60 to the RTO.)
For cars registered outside city limits, Octroi is not applicable. The dealer however obtains a CRTM (certificate of temporary registration) from the local RTO, to enable the owner to transport the car to the RTO office for obtaining the permanent registration number.

Link - Buying Proceedure - RTO Registration
Closed Thread

Most Viewed