Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:35   #46
BHPian

Re: Another Laura TSi thread..But got an accidental car instead !!!

@VW2010

From the OPs profile it looks as if he is from Faridabad. Giriraj is located in Gurgaon - these are two separate RTOs. So it does seem as if the car is still running on Temp registration.
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ya it is confirmed the car is still not registered !!!
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:53   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
The area you posted in the pics has severe orange peel! NO amount of polish or buffing or wax will solve it!
Absolutely. LBM do not accept this car and insist that you get a car MANUFACTURERD NO LATER THAN 30 days from date of delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
On similar lines, hows your Superb performing, especially the DSG? I am told the DSG's have a 10/10 failure rate.
MF, I have a friend who bought a Superb in 2009 and is on his 3rd DSG!

The same DSG do not give nearly the same trouble in Germany or the UK. These countries also have bumper to bumper traffic so I would like to ask Skoda as to why their DSG failure rates are so high in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
They have sold me a DEC 2010 manufactured car , with glasses with one manufactured in 2011 and the other 3 in 2010.
Quote:
Anyways here are some more pictures of the glass I am talking about !!! with few more components with 2010 manufacture dates !!!
LBM it is obvious that this Skoda dealer has tried to palm of an older Skoda car that has been repaired (glass replaced and body repainted). Given the difference in dates (8-9 months) I will not surprised if the car you wer given was actually sold or used by a Skoda customer/employee and after the accident was repaired and re-sold. That the dealer took the trouble to repair and resell the car tells me something more than just the glass and body were damaged.

Like MoralFibre has stated, if you bought a car in Aug 2011 it should have been manufactred in that month or at the latest July 2011 NOT Dec 2010. That alone is grounds to get a free replacement or your money back (which is not an unreasonable demand caused by lack of faith in the Skoda dealer and by extension the Skoda brand).
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:00   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, you have that extra bit of luck.

Go on the offensive now and try to get a "new" car alotted to you.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:36   #50
BHPian

"Oh no!! Not again!.." was my reaction when i read the post by you LBM!

This is a clear case of fraud (which is defined as under)

"Fraud: Noun: deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage."

That the deceited you by selling you an old car ..yes
That the deceited you by selling you a repaired accidental car..yes
That the deceited you by hiding the above facts..yes
That the deceited you as above and profited from it... yes
That they breached your confidence..yes
That they were dishonest..yes
That they deserve to be punished : YES!

Skoda India/ Skoda Worldwide/ Indian dealers are all responsible. They have allowed the few among them to follow these unfair practices and looked the other way. There have been too many instances of Skoda Dealers taking their trusting and gullible customers for a ride.

I vowed never to buy a Skoda after reading all the horror stories. I'd rather be safe than sorry, thank you. Infact i can count upto atleast 12 cars that i have been personally been responsible for rejecting as an option when family or friends have gone car hunting.

That's over a crore of lost business..just by one person. Dwell on that Skoda.
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:50   #51
BHPian

Quote:
You are in luck low_bass_makker. Unfortunately I haven't read through all the posts in the thread but I feel you are on a stronger ground as the vehicle has not been registered yet. Where you may be weak is that you have taken the car out of the showroom and hence the damages may be attributed to you. Though no escaping that they gave you a Dec 2010 car, with window glass of 2011.

I also went through a similar experience of being palmed off an old Skoda, though with forged signatures by the dealer. I was lucky enough to get out of it. Here's my thread if it helps you - you can show it to Skoda including Mr Thomas Kuehl (the current Sales Head of Skoda) reminding him of similar behavior by a Bangalore dealer. He will get a sense of deja-vu.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...signature.html

One thing I can tell you based on my experience. I was left in no doubt that there are practicing cheats in this manufacturer and in my dealer. Even though the car maker has a well respected Czech / German lineage. They may act tough but if you do not back down they give in.

All the best! PM for any help.

Cheers,
diffsoft is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011, 16:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Well, you have that extra bit of luck.

Go on the offensive now and try to get a "new" car alotted to you.
Now why would he go for a new Skoda? But yeah it's a great car and these dealers and A.S.S. are a pain in the neck LBM is also a repeat customer; he already owns a Superb, bought from the same dealer.

Waiting to hear what your decision is LBM!!
Old 22nd September 2011, 17:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

@LBM: Despite your woes and the stress you must be in, I'd like to thank you for keeping us posted in such great detail of your investigation what a cheat Skoda actually is. It will be a lesson for all of us to tread carefully when it comes to Skoda. VW may not be bothered too much as Skoda's loss=VW's gain.
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:19   #54
Senior - BHPian

The thicker coat clearly shows repaint!(due to increased film buildup from the sheet metal up-to the top!)

btw do they have these paint thickness gauges?
Old 23rd September 2011, 00:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Like MoralFibre has stated, if you bought a car in Aug 2011 it should have been manufactred in that month or at the latest July 2011 NOT Dec 2010. That alone is grounds to get a free replacement or your money back (which is not an unreasonable demand caused by lack of faith in the Skoda dealer and by extension the Skoda brand).
That I am now 100 % sure will get the car replaced with a manufacture date within 3 months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
One thing I can tell you based on my experience. I was left in no doubt that there are practicing cheats in this manufacturer and in my dealer. Even though the car maker has a well respected Czech / German lineage. They may act tough but if you do not back down they give in.
I read the whole thread of yours, very filmy story but finally in the end you got justice but in my case the car has yet to be registered, So I have a chance of getting it replaced. I do not know that they will get it registered in my name in the mean time or not. Then it will be a another issue to handle !!!!

Let us see what comes next !!!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:11   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Can't you write a legal note to them, so you know when they get it, and if the car gets registered after they receive the letter, then they have another issue against them.

Good luck with the case! Owning one Skoda has prevented me from buying another, and even recommending them to others once we started facing issues with our service center recently.
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Can't you write a legal note to them, so you know when they get it, and if the car gets registered after they receive the letter, then they have another issue against them.
I have sent a legal notice clearly mentioning that the car is brand new without registration. So I do not think they will register it to just bind it with me !!!

If they do then they will be in a heap of trouble !!!!
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:25   #58
BANNED

Quote:
I have sent a legal notice clearly mentioning that the car is brand new without registration. So I do not think they will register it to just bind it with me !!!

If they do then they will be in a heap of trouble !!!!
It looks like they are ready to replace the car. However, be very careful and if required, take your legal advisor with you when speak to them next. Going by what you have posted so far, it looks like they are pretty smart guys. Also, since you have the VIN number and the other details, it would be a good idea to post them in as many places/forums that you know so that that car is not sold to anyone else by any other dealer.

Have they given you this commitment of replacement in writing?
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Till now they are mum since the 16th when I have written my last mail in which I have mentioned about sending a the legal notice. And I have sent the legal notice on the 21st. No communication from there side just a Computer generated reply from Skoda customer care.

I wonder what are they are thinking ????
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:42   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Till now they are mum since the 16th when I have written my last mail in which I have mentioned about sending a the legal notice. And I have sent the legal notice on the 21st. No communication from there side just a Computer generated reply from Skoda customer care.
This is too long a wait. Who did you send the legal notice to? Giriraj Skoda or Skoda Auto?

What were the terms of the notice?

How was it delivered? Do you have an acknowledgement?

Was it drafted by a good attorney? In fact, if you don't mind, you could post a scanned copy of it so that it could be further analysed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed