Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 01:01   #151
BHPian

Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

Got a quote from a dealer today about the top end city AT. Was offered 90k discount on it. She said the new city is expected in jan and will be without any discounts plus it will be more expensive (30-40k) so it will cost about 1.3-1.5 lac more!

But somehow I feel that the price won't increase that much and may infact decrease a bit like jazz facelift! and besides I would like to have more features as the current model has hardly any. So its like taking a risk but I am ready for it as it is I want to buy in 2012 Q1 and also not decided on city yet.
Old 16th November 2011, 09:20   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Got a quote from a dealer today about the top end city AT. Was offered 90k discount on it. She said the new city is expected in jan and will be without any discounts plus it will be more expensive (30-40k) so it will cost about 1.3-1.5 lac more!

But somehow I feel that the price won't increase that much and may infact decrease a bit like jazz facelift! and besides I would like to have more features as the current model has hardly any. So its like taking a risk but I am ready for it as it is I want to buy in 2012 Q1 and also not decided on city yet.

There is every chance that you are right and the dealer is wrong. All overpriced Honda's are struggling to sell, and they are already seeing the demand for their correctly priced products. With City, it is highly unlikely that they take the risk of going the Fiesta way, simply because they cannot afford it now.
So, I would suggest to wait for the new model if you have time at your side.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:01   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post

The dealer is merely trying to persuade you to buy the current City instead of waiting for the new one. There must be a stock of Citys waiting to be sold and Honda is looking to clear stocks before they begin to sell the new City.

The new City shouldn't be too different from the current one. The changes are just cosmetic. That said, the new City might be a touch more than the current one, once it's out on sale.
Old 16th November 2011, 12:31   #154
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda really can't afford a price rise, yes a part of the currently offered discounts may disappear for a couple of months post launch but it could actually go the Jazz way when they make the introduction of the facelifted model and drop price a bit - though not by too much.
Old 21st November 2011, 23:12   #155
BHPian

Just read the news on Economic times that Honda City would be relaunched in Mid December

Honda to relaunch City sedan in mid-December - The Economic Times
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:06   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19
Just read the news on Economic times that Honda City would be relaunched in Mid December

Like how the report says "high localization levels" Could we have a Jazz like situation? Discounts followed by launch of cosmetically enhanced car at a lower price?
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:05   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19

It says there will be no change in pricing; coming from Honda, so it should be a good thing! :-)
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:46   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Yup definitely. There's no way Honda's gonna be able to sell the City without making the customer feel that he has got a mouth watering deal and that they will only be able to do with discounts.

I have at least three acquaintances who in the last couple of weeks have bought the City only because of the discounts on it. Even though they will be bearing the petrol cost, they find the current deals worth it.

Cheers
I am in the same boat. I currently own a Swift VDi, 2007. Magnum Honda says I can get the city V-AT for 10.6 that includes Parking sensors, Sun film and Teflon coating. What do you think guys? Should I buy this or should I wait for the new model? I am in no hurry to buy this car but just wondering if the new model is priced over 11L for the V-AT variant. My heart says go for the deal and my mind says, just wait. What must I do? Please suggest.

What if the new model has ACC, Bluetooth integrated stereo and better interiors? I dont mind paying 20-30k more than the current model to get these. Also I plan to keep this car for a long time.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:06   #159
BHPian

wait for the new launch. Honda cannot increase the price. Worst case, the discounts might be off for sometime, but if you have time at your side, play the waiting game.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:29   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraizer View Post
I am in the same boat. I currently own a Swift VDi, 2007. Magnum Honda says I can get the city V-AT for 10.6 that includes Parking sensors, Sun film and Teflon coating. What do you think guys? Should I buy this or should I wait for the new model? I am in no hurry to buy this car but just wondering if the new model is priced over 11L for the V-AT variant. My heart says go for the deal and my mind says, just wait. What must I do? Please suggest.

What if the new model has ACC, Bluetooth integrated stereo and better interiors? I dont mind paying 20-30k more than the current model to get these. Also I plan to keep this car for a long time.
Definitely wait for the new model. Honda is most probably reducing prices from 70k to a lakh even for the new model. Its gonna follow the same strategy as the Jazz.

Cheers
Old 24th November 2011, 12:00   #161
Senior - BHPian

heard from a source that the refreshed City will be launched around 15th December. There will be no changes to the engine.
The refreshed CITY will get aesthetic tweaks to the bumpers and grille. Slightly re-profiled bumpers will add 5mm to the overall length.
Bluetooth compatibility and a CD player will now be offered as OE fitment. Alloys will most probably be offered as standard from the mid variant upwards. Source also says Ground clearance has been raised by 5mm - now whether this is through the use of taller springs or different aspect tyres remains to be confirmed
Old 24th November 2011, 12:54   #162
Senior - BHPian

I think this Facelift and discount is having folg effects:
1 VFM deals for current buyers
2 'Patience Pays' feeling for wait and watch buyers
3 Most Importantly its giving current buyers a real 'Rare' oppurtunity to choose and buy a fully-loaded model as it is or make it more loaded by either choosing and installing only those features they need and not 'all or none' to be given by Honda. The advantage is cash discount and adding features of choice by paying for only required ones, disadvantage being slightly lower resale value and features not being factory installed and prospective issues faced due to improper installation even they are done by Honda dealers.
Old 28th November 2011, 12:01   #163
BHPian

My friend has been checking for best offers in Mumbai and the best quote I got was for Rs.8.3L for S-MT Navi Mumbai registration. (Means approx 1L discount)
Also heard that the new face lift is expected at same price. That means discount of around 40-60K still remains.
That is wonderful news if true, only time will tell. Anyway, great car at great price for petrol heads.

Cheers
Old 28th November 2011, 22:35   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

IAB says the facelift might not be coming in December 2011 after all.

Honda City facelift unlikely to reach India in 2011?
Old 28th November 2011, 23:34   #165
BHPian

I don't understand what gratification the company is getting from these invisible mods. The only thing the company might be aiming for is to rekindle the diminishing media mileage.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks