Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2011, 21:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Where in India are you going to use a cruise control??????

It is, in my opinion, the most useless feature that can be (besides button start) in Indian conditions!
Button start can be useless. But it is at least cool.
Cruze control is definately of no use.
Old 14th September 2011, 22:38   #32
BHPian

Well, I drive in the MC road in Trivandrum and at times makes the Thirunelveli trip.
In both these roads, its very easy to maintain a speed of 80-100 kmph for 20-25 minute stretches without a single let down.
As a regular user of these roads, and having tasted the benefits of cruise control, thought of it being pretty useful.
Imagine the amount of pressure it can take off your legs on those long runs.

PS: And not all Indian roads are bad
manojmis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 08:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It is, in my opinion, the most useless feature that can be (besides button start) in Indian conditions!
The mumbai pune expressway is about 100 kms long, of which around 20 to 30 kms is ghat section. But the rest is just open roads to cruise comfortably. I use the expressway atleast twice a month, and its a bit tiring to keep the leg on the accelerator all the time. I suppose cruise control will be very beneficial in here.

As someone quoted above, all the roads in India are not bad. Try the expressway someday.
Old 15th September 2011, 16:25   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
As per Bharath Autos scoop on Thai Honda City, Scoop! Honda City Facelifted Version Soon dated 6 June 2011, soon to be launched about October, the ANHC there seems quite a different package from the scoop here.

Is Honda discriminating with Indian market?

Attachment 606305

Attachment 606306

Attachment 606307
Love it. Except the tubelight tails.
Quote:

I do think Cruise Control was made for long streches of road by conception. It is useful even though we might not have as abundant stretches as EU nations do.
Old 15th September 2011, 17:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet_b View Post
I do think Cruise Control was made for long streches of road by conception. It is useful even though we might not have as abundant stretches as EU nations do.
For cruise control to be really effective just long roads are not enough. You need to have people respecting road manners (meaning driving properly).

Now where is that in India??? You have taxiwalas and lots of other impatient ones zig-zagging all around you all the time. People here dont like to drive "behind" others.

And then what to write about quality of roads themselves. Are there any without potholes (so far I've driven around Delhi and around Bangalore and I havent come across any roads that are worthy of cruise control). Bangalore is so full of potholes and speed breakers even moon will have complexion! The NH from Bangalore to Mysore has road divider (so that it can be one way) but there are "holes" in the divider after every klick! Everywhere people will be driving even on wrong side (In north India one must expect a tractor or a bullock cart in wrong direction all the time!)

Instead of these fancy things I hope car companies put more of safety devices, collision protection/prevention systems etc so that our lives could be tad bit safer on our pathetic roads.

Last edited by joslicx : 15th September 2011 at 17:51.
Old 15th September 2011, 21:51   #36
BANNED

Quote:
For cruise control to be really effective just long roads are not enough. You need to have people respecting road manners (meaning driving properly).

Now where is that in India??? You have taxiwalas and lots of other impatient ones zig-zagging all around you all the time. People here dont like to drive "behind" others.

And then what to write about quality of roads themselves. Are there any without potholes (so far I've driven around Delhi and around Bangalore and I havent come across any roads that are worthy of cruise control). Bangalore is so full of potholes and speed breakers even moon will have complexion! The NH from Bangalore to Mysore has road divider (so that it can be one way) but there are "holes" in the divider after every klick! Everywhere people will be driving even on wrong side (In north India one must expect a tractor or a bullock cart in wrong direction all the time!)

Instead of these fancy things I hope car companies put more of safety devices, collision protection/prevention systems etc so that our lives could be tad bit safer on our pathetic roads.
I wonder if cruise control is used on any road except highways even abroad. City traffic is city traffic. On your other points thats all fine but having it doesn't hurt and wanting for a trade for another isn't quite right either. But I can see where you're coming from and why you feel that way...
Old 16th September 2011, 10:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Yea, you are right in this perspective. Cruise controls are more useful in long drives, where it takes off huge loads of pressure from the knees.

But even in City traffic (not the bumper to bumper ones), it can be handy. Set it to normal speed, and as soon as you brake, it will auto cancel the cruise control. Now once you are done braking, just tap the resume switch at the cruise, and voila she will accelerate to the set speed for you. Sit back and relax with just braking effort been put.
Old 16th September 2011, 16:42   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Note from Mod : Please stick to the topic. This isn't a cruise-control thread.
Old 16th September 2011, 20:10   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Saw the face-lifted City at ARAI today.The top end V spec model will have a sunroof,mostly as an option!
Were you able to make out what the changes are (other than the sunroof)? atleast on the exterior?

Last edited by uday.ere : 16th September 2011 at 20:12.
Old 16th September 2011, 23:30   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Were you able to make out what the changes are (other than the sunroof)? atleast on the exterior?
Just minor modifications on the front bumper(chrome slats on the front air-dam) and rear tail-lamps. Its a very mild and subtle face-lift.
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 18:36   #41

Hi Guys, am planning to buy a car (sedan class) by Diwali..do you fellas think the new face-lifted City will be introduced by Honda by then?
Old 17th September 2011, 21:07   #42
BHPian

Judging from the inputs on this thread i guess you should go ahead and book the city if you can get a good discount on it (50k plus).

If not then i suggest you wait for the "new" city and take a call (stock clearance discounts guaranteed at that time).
Old 17th September 2011, 21:13   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecat View Post
Hi Guys, am planning to buy a car (sedan class) by Diwali..do you fellas think the new face-lifted City will be introduced by Honda by then?
There is no significant change as such in the facelift if it is ever going to be launched by this year end.

Do you want to lose the opportunity of getting a Honda City with discounts and accessories worth 50-90K?

You should go ahead and buy it right away.
Old 18th September 2011, 14:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
There is no significant change as such in the facelift if it is ever going to be launched by this year end.

Do you want to lose the opportunity of getting a Honda City with discounts and accessories worth 50-90K?

You should go ahead and buy it right away.
since the petrol prices has increased and the interest rates climbing, and with Honda lacking a diesel heart, can we assume that the facelifted version will also have the current offers?
Old 18th September 2011, 23:57   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojmis View Post
since the petrol prices has increased and the interest rates climbing, and with Honda lacking a diesel heart, can we assume that the facelifted version will also have the current offers?
Yup definitely. There's no way Honda's gonna be able to sell the City without making the customer feel that he has got a mouth watering deal and that they will only be able to do with discounts.

I have at least three acquaintances who in the last couple of weeks have bought the City only because of the discounts on it. Even though they will be bearing the petrol cost, they find the current deals worth it.

Cheers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks