Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2011, 18:31   #1
BANNED

Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

Quote:
As seen in the images, the car features re-profiled front and rear bumpers, a slightly restyled grille with chrome leading edges as on the Accord, re-designed tail-lamps, a new alloy wheel design as well as re-styled side-view mirrors.
Honda has taken the opportunity to update the interiors, which earlier looked too sparse. How far they have succeeded is anyone’s guess. Mechanically, it’s the same 116bhp, 1.5-litre, four-cylinder engine that will do duty on the updated City.
Honda has recently slashed prices of the City which has helped sales jump quite a bit and this facelift will help it even more. The updated City will come sometime next year.
Attached Thumbnails
Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics-honda_city_spied_01.jpg  

Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics-honda_city_spied_02.jpg  

Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics-honda_city_spied_03.jpg  

PAVAN KADAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 18:44   #2
BHPian

Does not look any different from ANHC at first sight. The onroad car must not have black ORVMs, they look ugly.
Old 7th September 2011, 18:45   #3
BHPian

Re: Autocar India scoop: 2012 Honda City Facelift pics

As per the information I have, it is a MMC ( Minor Model Change, cosmetic Changes) due for October'11 launch. There will be a major model change due in 2012 however do not have any details on it.
Old 7th September 2011, 19:05   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Ya a new major change is in line and will come sometime in late 2012. This current change seems to be mere cosmetic,with some chrome bits added here and there. A couple of features(might not be essential features) may be added,as they did with the 'new' Civic and 'new' Accord. Then they will add a new color to the range like the 'Urban Titanium' in Civic and Accord
Old 7th September 2011, 19:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand the point behind MMC's apart from giving the junta 'something new'. Do manufacturers really think that'll help their sales figures to a substantial extent?

And IMHO, MMC's are more *usually* more uglier than the current models in one way or the other. More sparkle, more chrome, faux wood accents, fancier head & tail lights, etc. - don't translate to the necessary 'new and improved'.

I believe in a simple rule - If it's not broken, don't fix it!
Old 7th September 2011, 20:10   #6
BHPian

Those alloys remind me of the alloys on the Accord. Except, they are black. Anyone else feel the same? Also, the changes are so minor that its hard to notice the differences. I honestly did not feel the back lights are re-designed.
Old 7th September 2011, 20:22   #7
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
As per the information I have, it is a MMC ( Minor Model Change, cosmetic Changes) due for October'11 launch. There will be a major model change due in 2012 however do not have any details on it.
If my major-model-change you mean similar to HC->NHC->ANHC, I believe its another 2 years away. Doesn't Honda follow the 6 year cycle?
Old 7th September 2011, 20:58   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
If my major-model-change you mean similar to HC->NHC->ANHC, I believe its another 2 years away. Doesn't Honda follow the 6 year cycle?
Yes, that should be the case. ANHC is still young to have a major model change.

They've not messed up with the exterior, which is a good thing.

Hope Honda brings ACC, Bluetooth handsfree, integrated parking sensors and electrically folding mirrors.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:07   #9
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I don't see much changes in the car except for the lower part of the front bumper. Is it possible that Honda are testing a Diesel Engine for their City?
Old 7th September 2011, 21:16   #10
Team-BHP Support

So, the "facelift" City eh?!

Just cosmetic as I'd thought (hopefully! I don't want ACC in City yet; I'll feel terrible that mine doesn't have it! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
Does not look any different from ANHC at first sight. The onroad car must not have black ORVMs, they look ugly.
The EMT variant of the current ANHC has black ORVMs.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:22   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I don't understand the point behind MMC's apart from giving the junta 'something new'. Do manufacturers really think that'll help their sales figures to a substantial extent?

And IMHO, MMC's are more *usually* more uglier than the current models in one way or the other. More sparkle, more chrome, faux wood accents, fancier head & tail lights, etc. - don't translate to the necessary 'new and improved'.

I believe in a simple rule - If it's not broken, don't fix it!
More than an external cosmetic modification, Honda might be mulling on introducing this 'new' City with some essential features, to ensure that it doesn't lose its flair, now that the competition is fiery, with the Vento and the Verna breathing down the City's neck.

Changes could be significant, like the introduction of auto-fold mirrors, auto-climate-control, new ICE (CD player, etc.), and some small changes to the exterior in order to differentiate it from the older City. That would be quite hard though. Looking at it, it doesn't look any different from the current City.

I believe in a simple rule too - There is always scope for improvement.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th September 2011 at 21:23.
Old 7th September 2011, 21:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Well this minor refresh was much required as now the car is turning three year old this month. IMO this refresh is the last one for this gen of Honda City.

Next upgrade which is most probably in late 2013 or early 2014 will definitely sport a complete revamped exteriors and of course a diesel engine.

The current ANHC owners should not worry as the changes are very minor.
Old 7th September 2011, 22:12   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am sure if Honda puts "Spot the difference" competition most of the customers will struggle to find the difference between the outgoing and new model. Don't really understand the logic behind these minor face lifts which lift only the price and nothing worth mentioning.

If i am a City buyer, looking at this face lift i would confidently go ahead and buy the current one peacefully.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2011, 23:00   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

The alloys in the pics might be exclusive to the V variant, along with an (possible) optional sunroof. Interiors might have better fabric quality and ACC (about time, if they do!). The existing alloys on the V might be shifted to the S (as like the Jazz variants), while steel rims might continue to do duty on the E. Prices might see a drop of 20-25K for the E, and around 40-45K for the top V AT.

Expect the new price range (improved localisation, as Honda calls it) to start from 7.25L, ex-showroom Delhi, which should challenge the entry-level Verna at 6.99L.

Of course, it's all speculation at this point. The only thing to watch out for is if they finally bring in the ACC.

As with the Jazz, this will be a blink-and-you-will-miss cosmetic upgrade for the ANHC. Of course, there will be plenty of chrome and biege on offer again, possibly 1-2 extra color shade options to choose from.

We can call this a Very Very Minor Model Cosmetic Change for the City, till they revamp it as the next-gen, adding a 1.4/1.5 diesel powertrain, by the end of next year or most likely in 2013.

Which translates to another great news - expect superb offers on the existing City a-la stock clearance sales and stuff! The best time to buy a City will be the next 2-3 months!
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 07:03   #15
BHPian

Seems the information about this was published in month of july itself in TOI. After price cut, Honda City to go for facelift - Times Of India. Though the external changes are minimal it will be worth to check if any new features are coming
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks