Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 13:15   #46
BHPian

Re: VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant

If VW can provide the touchscreen at no extra cost that too in the trendline, i guess they will soon make it standard on the highline.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:20   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW POLO/VENTO Breeze-another limited edition variant

While the upgraded vento is due for launch next month, there hasnt been any information on the feature additions to the polo. Even if it comes, the only additions you can expect will be a new music system, steering controls etc. Folding ORVM is not in vento's list and we can safely assume it wouldnt be in polo's list as well.

I suggest you pick up the current 1.6 instead, if you arent too bothered about the music system and steering controls. On the positive side, the current set up will help you change the HU to something better without having to worry about the loss of steering controls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
But the question is is there really an upgrade coming , say, in the next one month ?
Anyone having VW links to confirm this?

Cheers!
Old 10th September 2011, 18:02   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
If VW can provide the touchscreen at no extra cost that too in the trendline, i guess they will soon make it standard on the highline.
Not so. Someone had confirmed earlier that his VW dealer had offered it as an accessory for 30k+ : at that price point, you have decent aftermarket options as well.
Old 10th September 2011, 20:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

All this BREEZE is eye wash !! Simply getting rid of Trendline stocks by adding a few frills. I had to book my Vento Highline TDI..so asked about this "discounted" & "feature rich car"..turns out that nothing on the Highline version. All the circus & the horrible "breeze" is on the trendline.

Me thinks - the refreshed Highline being delivered to me in the next 10 days is a better bet. I would have got the Trendline but it does not have the airbags & abs, hence no way am I buying that.

So my Vento may end up being the first few of the "freshly updated" lot !!

Cheers
Old 10th September 2011, 20:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

^What are the new updates ?

I am contemplating getting a Polo Highline within the next month or so

Also would appreciate if anyone could advice on tyres for Polo, whether the OEM size of 185/60 R15 is enough since I was planning on doing an upsize but worried about the warranty

Last edited by bottle : 10th September 2011 at 20:22.
Old 10th September 2011, 20:54   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
All this BREEZE is eye wash !! Simply getting rid of Trendline stocks by adding a few frills. I had to book my Vento Highline TDI..so asked about this "discounted" & "feature rich car"..turns out that nothing on the Highline version. All the circus & the horrible "breeze" is on the trendline.

Me thinks - the refreshed Highline being delivered to me in the next 10 days is a better bet. I would have got the Trendline but it does not have the airbags & abs, hence no way am I buying that.

So my Vento may end up being the first few of the "freshly updated" lot !!

Cheers
Congratulations and all the best for your new ride !
So, you are getting your Vento TDI HL within ~10days of booking? If yes then its fantastic. Not clear whats happening with VW, fellow BHPians in other threads posted few months of waiting period for VW Vento TDI HL.

Only worth addition is HU screen, rest is cheap marketing IMO - the new fabric seat covers (the original one looks decent and sober) and Breeze written on the boot in the new "limit edition" does not increase the car`s acceptance or increases the VFM to a knowledgeable customer.

OT :
I believe, as customers we should bargain hard and really hard now a days. Today evening around 5 pm I saw a Vento (not sure Petrol or Diesel) demo car in my apt. complex - for a car with really shortage in supply w.r.t. demand we cannot expect a demo car that too 15 kms away from the showroom and more so from VW even if Petrol ! Few mtrs. ahead saw another Micra demo car, nearest Micra (Nissan) showroom from my place is ~30kms.

Last edited by AvonA7 : 10th September 2011 at 21:08. Reason: edit
Old 10th September 2011, 21:35   #52
Senior - BHPian

One could get a ex-stock "off the shelf" Vento Highline TDI too but I thought may as well get one with the "updated" features. 6 CD indash HU with better audio quality, with Aux, USB & Bluetooth, also doubles up as screen for rear sensor display graphics (not camera) + a few little things here & there.

The rear parking sensors bought seperately themselves cost 4k, that too with just the beep beep - no visuals - the revised version comes with the visuals displayed on the HU

I am buying the highline only for the abs & airbags though..the other things are immaterial.

Oh ya, before it slips my mind. I intend to swap the stock apollos for S-Drives 205/55/15, near perfect swap as in overall diameter. Hope they do not foul with the suspension though.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 10th September 2011 at 21:41.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
One could get a ex-stock "off the shelf" Vento Highline TDI too but I thought may as well get one with the "updated" features. 6 CD indash HU with better audio quality, with Aux, USB & Bluetooth, also doubles up as screen for rear sensor display graphics (not camera) + a few little things here & there.

The rear parking sensors bought seperately themselves cost 4k, that too with just the beep beep - no visuals - the revised version comes with the visuals displayed on the HU

I am buying the highline only for the abs & airbags though..the other things are immaterial.

Oh ya, before it slips my mind. I intend to swap the stock apollos for S-Drives 205/55/15, near perfect swap as in overall diameter. Hope they do not foul with the suspension though.

Cheers
Hi Ricky,

Do you have more clarity on the new Vento features? Any links or information on when this will be made public.
Old 12th September 2011, 13:17   #54
BHPian

I think car makers in india needs to change their strategy a bit. I was looking at the UK's volkswagen website. I found out that any car can have a set of optional features installed. like airbags, alloys, stereo etc..

and let us decide what we want in our car.

I don't think there's going to be any breeze for volkswagen with this model.
Old 12th September 2011, 14:27   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Do you have more clarity on the new Vento features? Any links or information on when this will be made public.

Dealer ( Pune) says the features would be audio controls on steering wheel, HU RCD310 (Passat ?) but the surveillance unit is removed.

Not sure best to see the car when on display, understand would be in a day on two!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 12th September 2011 at 14:28.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2011, 16:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the info volkman10. I cross posted this on the official vento thread since we were having this discussion there. Hope you wouldn't mind. If you get any more updates to share, please do so with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Dealer ( Pune) says the features would be audio controls on steering wheel, HU RCD310 (Passat ?) but the surveillance unit is removed.

Not sure best to see the car when on display, understand would be in a day on two!

Cheers!
Old 12th September 2011, 17:23   #57
BHPian

One of my friends is planning to buy the Polo 1.6 (which is available only in Highline). He made an inquiry call to Volkswagen Downtown, Mumbai showroom, The sales rep told him that the 'Breeze' package is available on the 1.6 (on the Highline). That gives you a Satnav, Reverse parking sensors, Floor mats, Seat covers. This does not include an ICE even with a basic AUX-in or USB. And, he mentioned that if he wanted an ICE upgrade from VW itself it would cost him Rs.10,000/- for the same with USB & Aux-in.

Judging from the previous posts and speculations, I don't think it makes any sense to wait for the steering mounted controls & slightly better ICE'd facelift for the polo. Its just a cover up and a reason to increase the prices (which everyone is doing).

And, any suggestions to haggle more with the dealer. In terms of pricing, accessories, etc. The overall deal he's getting is the car with the 'Breeze' package in 7.15L OTR Mumbai?

Regards,
Old 30th September 2011, 13:57   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

The Breeze offer still continues. Saw in the newspaper today that 1 can avail this offer on 30th Sept and 1st Oct. And guess what? The ad declared the offer with much fanfare,as a weekend offer

So i guess Volkswagen will be a out on a new offer every offer if the ad is true(just kidding,but may be true).
Old 30th September 2011, 21:23   #59
BHPian

I personally think the breeze offer is a joke. You can probably get a off the shelf Garmin GPS for much lesser along with the park distance control feature. I think you would be better off getting the 40k off in terms of insurance and accessories instead of the breeze edition. The Breeze lettering is horrendous.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

i could not agree more , and they are listing it as one of the reasons to pick it up - it looks like a very bad sticker which someone put onto the car while it was in a parking spot - an amusement park sticker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramv1 View Post
I The Breeze lettering is horrendous.

Most Viewed