Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:24   #61
BHPian

Re: VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
i could not agree more , and they are listing it as one of the reasons to pick it up - it looks like a very bad sticker which someone put onto the car while it was in a parking spot - an amusement park sticker!
+1 and I mentioned that to the dealer who said he can give me without the sticker.. so they have the same basic Polo in their stock yard.. you want Breeze they just stick the sticker...put on some seat covers..get some cushions and get you a GPS.. if you want the 40K offer they dont do any of this and give you the same car.. either way inventory is reduced. Smart "limited edition" by VW..only they think Indian customers are suckers!!!
Old 8th December 2011, 18:36   #62
BHPian

The story is quite different with me and for Bangalorians:

I am perspective customer for Polo TL Petrol 1.2

Referring to the 'full page' advertisement in today’s Times of India (Bangalore edition), I actually called up all the dealers only to find that the offers are valid on petrol models only and they don’t have any petrol cars in stock (only Highline petrol is available).
The 40000 offer (Breeze / Bouquet) is also not valid on Diesel variant for which they have huge stock in all variants. They refrain taking bookings for petrol vehicles saying, it will be delivered only after January and that the offers will not be applicable then. A price hike of 80,000 is what the SE claimed if taken delivery in January.

My question: What is this gimmick all about? Something that should be reported to VW?
Old 9th December 2011, 09:17   #63
Senior - BHPian

I got a similar story as well when i visited a dealership in Delhi when the offer first came out in September - i was told these are new cars which have not been dispatched from the factory yet and will need to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
The story is quite different with me and for Bangalorians:

I am perspective customer for Polo TL Petrol 1.2

Referring to the 'full page' advertisement in today’s Times of India (Bangalore edition), I actually called up all the dealers only to find that the offers are valid on petrol models only and they don’t have any petrol cars in stock (only Highline petrol is available).
The 40000 offer (Breeze / Bouquet) is also not valid on Diesel variant for which they have huge stock in all variants. They refrain taking bookings for petrol vehicles saying, it will be delivered only after January and that the offers will not be applicable then. A price hike of 80,000 is what the SE claimed if taken delivery in January.

My question: What is this gimmick all about? Something that should be reported to VW?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks