Team-BHP - VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/107439-vw-polo-vento-breeze-another-limited-edition-variant.html)

Just saw in today's paper- Polo/Vento Breeze. The ad states that these are special edition models for limited period having additional features worth upto Rs.40k.
The features are:

POLO:
VENTO:
The ad states that to book the special edition cars,one will have to walk into the showroom on 10th and 11th September.

My query is
1) what is the point of launching such special editions with features,some of which are unnecessary. The necessary ones(highlighted in bold) should be made standard across the range rather than such special models.

2)Is VW going the FORD way,with its numerous special/limited editions coming every 6 months?

Saw the Ad and i must say i can do without those silly looking graphics on the C-pillar.Even the "Breeze" lettering on the back is of a font that does not gel well with the Vento or Polo lettering.But the sat-nav on the Polo and the touchscreen multimedia system on the Vento looks good.

Yup the sat nav system sounds good. Will they by any chance provide the option of adding this system to the diesel variant?

How much is that touchscreen for? Badly need one for our vento

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2497777)
Saw the Ad and i must say i can do without those silly looking graphics on the C-pillar.Even the "Breeze" lettering on the back is of a font that does not gel well with the Vento or Polo lettering.

agree:They look cheap and roadside material type. Much better after-market graphics are available. IMO,those beautiful body lines shouldn't be spoiled with such(non-existent?) graphics. The lettering further spoils the show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 2497777)
But the sat-nav on the Polo and the touchscreen multimedia system on the Vento looks good.

Don't know about the Polo sat-nav unit but the Vento unit can be fitted at the dealer itself(for 14k extra,please check with a T-bhpian who done this). Polo unit also must be available with the dealer as an extra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2497788)
Yup the sat nav system sounds good. Will they by any chance provide the option of adding this system to the diesel variant?

There is no mention of 'Petrol Only' in the ad so i guess it must be available across the range. Also it is possible to add it later from the dealer by paying extra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2497791)
How much is that touchscreen for? Badly need one for our vento

IIRC,they charged a fellow T-Bhpian about 14K in exchange of his OE HU(must be in the VENTO vs FIESTA thread IIRC). Please check out the price in his post, I might be wrongplease:

Any pics please ? Where did you see the ad?

I am in the market for an upgrade. I loved the Vento Highline diesel over all the other cars that I test drove (City, New Fluidic Verna, New Ford Fiesta, Linea). Just waiting for Diwali to firm up my decision. Hoping for offers such at this from VW & also hoping Skoda launches the new Lauretta around the same time.

The article in Hindu yesterday (on line) on the launch said that the special edition comes at the same price as the regular ones, IIRC!

Most important part of the package is multimedia/USB player in Vento.
Hope they make it standard soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro (Post 2497821)
Any pics please ? Where did you see the ad?

I am in the market for an upgrade. I loved the Vento Highline diesel over all the other cars that I test drove (City, New Fluidic Verna, New Ford Fiesta, Linea). Just waiting for Diwali to firm up my decision. Hoping for offers such at this from VW & also hoping Skoda launches the new Lauretta around the same time.

Please forgive me for the pathetic pic quality. Have taken it with my poor 2MP phone camera from an equally pathetic newspaper cutting.VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant-dsc01257.jpg

VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant-dsc01258.jpg

VW Polo / Vento "Breeze"; another limited edition variant-dsc01260.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cents (Post 2497845)
The article in Hindu yesterday (on line) on the launch said that the special edition comes at the same price as the regular ones, IIRC!

The ad says the faetures are worth upto Rs.40k. At the top it says the new limited period offer without any statement of price hike. IMO features are free upgrades.

They will be free upgrades and they will be offered only on the petrol variants. Diesel commands a waiting of 2-3 months still in most parts so it will be foolish of us to expect the add on features on the diesel too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 2497904)
They will be free upgrades and they will be offered only on the petrol variants. Diesel commands a waiting of 2-3 months still in most parts so it will be foolish of us to expect the add on features on the diesel too.

The ad doesn't mention anything of the offer being petrol model specific. So it must be available on both Petrol and Diesel. May be it's a strategy of VW to attract people from NSS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashis89 (Post 2497943)
The ad doesn't mention anything of the offer being petrol model specific. So it must be available on both Petrol and Diesel. May be it's a strategy of VW to attract people from NSS.

I don't remember seeing anything like "just petrol" in the recent adds from VW too where they were marketing free insurance and some other stuff for both the Polo and the Vento. Or the adds announcing no waiting periods for the 2 cars. But when you go to the dealer they will tell you that its only for the Petrol variants. anyways I hope they offer the same on the Diesel.

Offtopic: All these additions make the petrol Vento much more VFM in comparison to the Diesel specially while calculating the break even point. Does it still make sense to blindly go for the Diesel car?

It should be available for both petrol and diesel. They are well aware that the absence of aux-in and USB is a big turn-off for many buyers. I myself have given them this feedback three times.

I just had a word with the Gurgaon Dealer. He is not very clear on this ad. He said that he is still getting more info and will get back to me. But he said he is quite sure that this is for Petrol Only as there is no mention of Steering Mounted controls and Rear Parking Senser for Vento which is expected to come on the Highline variant. As per the Economic Times article posted some posts back also it is said that these are for Petrol Only.

One thing I am really surprised is that Volkswagen has placed full page ads in the newspaper but the dealers dont have any clear info on this.

Even the CHD dealer is not very clear on this offer..