Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2011, 16:07   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Nice scoop pics, VeeTee. Looks like we will see plenty more in the days to come.

Managed to dig out a few more pics:

The front dashboard (how it might look for Indian drivers) -

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault_modus_dashboard.jpg

Cross-section of the interiors -

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault_modus_interiors.jpg

The boot space -

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault_modus_boot.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th September 2011 at 16:10.
Old 10th September 2011, 16:25   #32
BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

The one spotted in Chennai is not the "Grand Modus", its "Modus". See the missing rear quarter-glass.

Refer quoted posts :

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoder View Post
After seeing and scanning the images on the web, the Chennai mule seems to be the Grand Modus as confirmed in the above posts! I really hope that they have shortened the length to less than 4 Meters to avoid the extra taxes etc.

Just to confirm, the back seems to be the same as that of the Grand Modus .
I am Happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Torque View Post
Got these interior pics in the e-brochure of Modus sold in UK. Notice that the front passenger seat has a provision wherein you can keep a bag and it will not fall down even if apply the brakes suddenly. I don't know how our people will react if this features comes to India-bound Modus
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeTee View Post
A colleague of mine took these pictures of the Modus while parked in Maraimalainagar. The moment they say him taking the pictures they drove away.
Old 10th September 2011, 19:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
The one spotted in Chennai is not the "Grand Modus", its "Modus". See the missing rear quarter-glass.
So it is :-(

I dont see the point in selling 2 hatches of roughly the same size - Micra and this one. The Grand Modus could have been something different.

Still, this one's got about 293l of boot space with the rear seat at the last position.
Old 10th September 2011, 20:30   #34
Team-BHP Support

Finally, the Jazz has some competition for itself, and I'm talking purely on the basis of size, for a hatch, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if Renault had set their sights on the Jazz when they decided to include the Modus in their portfolio.

Should be a great car. Looks promising. But the way Renault have gone about pricing their other products, this one, should at all costs, be priced reasonably and sensibly. I don't see it doing well, otherwise.
Old 10th September 2011, 22:51   #35
BHPian

Nice scoop !!
From the exterior pics i thought it ll be pitted against the i10. But the interior space has taken me by surprise. This seems right up there in the Jazz territory.
Old 10th September 2011, 23:15   #36

I still believe it is the Renault Grand Modus and not the Modus!!

Test Mule Rear:

Modus Rear (Notice the round rear lights)

Last edited by darthcoder : 10th September 2011 at 23:38.
Old 11th September 2011, 01:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

I am thinking if this was a model which is still under the wraps as far as Renault was conerned then why is it not camouflaged. There must be something wrong here.
Dont think Renault is blunt enough to allow everyone take snaps of thier non-camouflaged car.
We know that Fiesta Hatch was doing round in similar fashion but ended up not being launched at all. Same might be the case here, they might just be test driving the car to get the feedback on indian roads thats all.
Old 11th September 2011, 01:40   #38
Senior - BHPian

Some how I'm not convinced Renault are launching the Modus in India just yet. My gut instinct tells me they're probably doing component/engine/platform testing.

If they do launch it it'll be proper competitor to the Jazz, the still to come shortened Xylo, and a 5 seat alternative to the Ertiga!
Old 11th September 2011, 04:15   #39
BHPian

This is one of the most funniest segment in Top Gear's history when the mother's are brought in to decide which car is better between Honda Jazz, Peugeot 1007 & Renault Modus.

The ladies did a fair job and all gave their vote to Jazz, but the trio of the hosts put their money on Modus. So hopefully, we'll find a worthy car sitting in the premium hatch segment. It's faster than the Jazz. It's more roomy than the Jazz. Geez! What an exciting year 2012 is going to turn out eh?
creative420 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 13:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Test Mule Rear:

Modus Rear (Notice the round rear lights)
Because the one with round tail-lights is the last gen Modus. Current gen (facelift) shares the test mule rear with the Grand Modus.
Old 11th September 2011, 14:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hey darthcoder, check the pics from VeeTee, the facelift of the Modus also brought the Grand Modus, both share almost all the body parts , however the rear quarter and C-pillar is probably different to accomodate the increased length and wheelbase of the G.Modus.
Old 13th September 2011, 19:58   #42
BHPian

Spotted the same car at Nandanam today. Sorry for the poor picture quality.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-photo0006.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-photo0005.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-photo0007.jpg  

Last edited by para_7k : 13th September 2011 at 20:02.
para_7k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 21:34   #43
BHPian

Autocar India editor, Sorabjee has tweeted "Scoop from Frankfurt. Carlos Ghosn (Renault-Nissan CEO says he is coming for Indian GP. Concept of Renault small hatch (B58) likely to be unveiled by him then..

The unveiling in October and launch in 2012 i guess...
Bottom Torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 01:23   #44

Excellent scoop JRAJE! Wow so many options in small car now . Did you had a chance to check the Ground Clearance of this car? As I could see from the Renault UK Website, 120mm seems to be very low.
write2sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 15:49   #45
BHPian

Excellent Scoop!!

Is it just me or someone else also believes that the interiors look bit(actually a lot) outdated. The centre console is not looking good and the storage area just infront of driver seat is looking tacky! Just thinking what all driver can store in that

This is not going to compete with Jazz, i20 due to its interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks