Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 18:17   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

It seems that one Modus lost its way and reached Bangalore ;-).

Today evening (at around 4.30 pm), we were on my way home near Sarjapur, and my girlfriend spotted an oncoming car with its badge covered. Since I was driving my neighbour's i10, I immediately took a U turn (I wouldn't have, had I been driving my Palio) and followed it and managed to get these snaps. The car was being driven slowly. I noticed that the middle passenger in the second row gets a 3 point seatbelt, not just a lap belt. For a majority of Indians, this will surely look odd!

In the last photo, you can compare its size relative to other vehicles around. It is not bigger than other hatchbacks around (may be slightly taller). It did turn a few heads towards it though.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-modus-1.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-modus-2.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-modus-3.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-modus-4.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-modus-5.jpg  

Old 7th October 2011, 18:20   #62
BHPian

Spotted : Which car is this ??

Found this car being driven (tested ?) on Old Airport Road, Bengaluru.
Looks like a Renault / Nissan considering its from a TN plant. Any guesses ?

Sorry, I got only the back. I was the only one in my car and driving. I zoomed ahead of them but then they got held back in a signal. I have tried to sketch it though. The headlights were distinctive. It was as long and wide as the Jazz.

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-imag0041.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-unkown.jpg
Old 7th October 2011, 20:15   #63
Team-BHP Support

Re: Spotted : Which car is this ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiranjan View Post
Found this car being driven (tested ?) on Old Airport Road, Bengaluru.
Looks like a Renault / Nissan considering its from a TN plant. Any guesses ?

Sorry, I got only the back. I was the only one in my car and driving. I zoomed ahead of them but then they got held back in a signal. I have tried to sketch it though. The headlights were distinctive. It was as long and wide as the Jazz.

Attachment 822786

Attachment 822787
Abhiranjan, what you spotted was the upcoming Renault Modus. I've merged your thread with the Modus thread.

ps: nice work on the sketch of the car.
Old 7th October 2011, 20:25   #64
BHPian

Re: Spotted : Which car is this ??

Looks like the Getz, old Zen, and new Zen put in a blender. Looks very very roomy, though and the gray looks classy. This blue-silver though is yucky. I wouldn't want to be seen in that colored car.
Old 8th October 2011, 00:23   #65
BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

A very long time I was thinking why these manufacturers are not bringing the sliding rear seats which would increase the leg room when there is no luggage. I am not sure whether there are other cars which has sliding rear seats.

I think this should be a standard in all small hatches like they provide folding rear seats.
Old 8th October 2011, 21:50   #66
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted the Modus test car in Bangalore a couple of days back.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-dsc00192.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-dsc00193.jpg  

Old 8th October 2011, 23:23   #67
BHPian

Spotted a Renault Modus today in Bangy, in an area you wont believe . It was in Basavanagudi. The car looks like a younger bro of WagonR for untrained eyes.

Maroon/Magenta color and OMG! the guy was zipping through the traffic(Traffic in Basavanagudi= Vehicles+ lots of people). By my first impression, I would call it Apache RTR of Cars. Very flickable(or was it the driver )
Old 10th October 2011, 21:47   #68
BHPian

Looks like this will be officially launched on 28th Oct and will hit the road by Jan 2012.
Source: CarTradeIndia
Renault India to unveil new compact hatchback on 28th October | CarTradeIndia.com
Old 15th October 2011, 16:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Spotted - Nissan's small car - Pixo? in Bangalore

Happened to spot this in Bangalore, apparently doing test runs.

PS: Mods, searched but couldn't find a relevant thread. Please merge if required.
Attached Images

Old 15th October 2011, 16:44   #70
BHPian

Re: Spotted - Nissan's small car - Pixo? in Bangalore

I believe that it is not Nissan Pixo but Renault Modus. A similar thread exists for the same.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2011, 16:49   #71
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Its the Renault Modus test car.
Old 15th October 2011, 16:51   #72
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Andy. My bad.

Mods, kindly delete this thread or merge it with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-chennai.html. Thank you.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:05   #73
BHPian

Spotted this car on Old Madras Road in Bangalore.

The front passenger seat also had a white coloured dummy being placed with the seat belts on.
Old 18th October 2011, 14:32   #74
BHPian

JRAJE - did it have a panoramic roof? Though from the pics, it doesn't seem like it does. Does anyone have any idea about the mills on offer and the expected pricing?
Old 19th October 2011, 11:07   #75
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a nice little car there.

Is Modus the next launch for Renault in India? The official website says the next launch is Winter 2012 and the overall silhouette looks similar. I hope they get the Diesel variants too from word go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks