Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 12:48   #76

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_chn View Post
JRAJE - did it have a panoramic roof? Though from the pics, it doesn't seem like it does. Does anyone have any idea about the mills on offer and the expected pricing?
No rg_chn. It didn't have a panoramic roof. I was taking pics from my Jazz and it surely looked at least a size smaller. Looking at the positive size related information provided from others, I am curious on what kind of packaging they have done. Does it match my Jazz
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:36   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

"A lot of spy shot of the Renault Modus have been flying around in the media off late with the car being spotted in Chennai near the Ranault-Nissan plant.

Globally, the car has two body type variants - Modus and the Grand Modus, but the Grand Modus however will not make its way to India. Under the hood, the Modus may carry the same engine as the petrol and the diesel Nissan Micra.

A 1.2-litre petrol power plant and a 1.5-litre dCi engine that also powers the Fluence are the most likely candidates to find its way to into the Modus.

This will be the third car to be added to their portfolio within this year. The Modus may be launched at the Indian Grand Prix in the last week of October, in Delhi."
Renault Modus: The next small car for Indian roads - The Economic Times
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-photo-1.jpg  

Old 15th February 2012, 12:12   #78
Team-BHP Support

*SCOOP* Probabale Maruti / Peugot Hatchback spotted at Navi Mumbai

Spotted the aqua marine hatch on my way to way this morning. The hood, hatch door and steering emblems were camouflaged and the driver as expected tried to evade me from taking any pictures.
The car had an MH - 02 temp registration and the dashboard plastic 'looked' very Maruti.

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-1.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-2.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-3.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-4.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-5.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-6.jpg

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-7.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 15th February 2012 at 13:19.
manson is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 13:21   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Credit to Vid6639 for identifying the car. Manson's scoop merged with the existing Renault Modus thread.
Old 15th February 2012, 15:11   #80
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Not sure why but this suddenly makes the RITZ a looker! But this has to be an extremely airy hatch back if not a very roomy one. The front and rear windows seem nice and big! The size and proportions look similar to ritz. The pics look like to be of the base variant since the pic in volkmans post has lot of chrome inserts on the front while this is all black.
Old 15th February 2012, 15:25   #81
BANNED

I hope the Petrol engine is a four potter. Will it have an AT? I am quite a fan of the Renault stable.
Old 15th February 2012, 16:37   #82
BHPian

In my view, they could have launched this instead of the Pulse, I just hope the Modus or any derivative still fits in their India plans considering it is on the B platform which has given rise to the V platform.
Old 15th February 2012, 16:40   #83
Team-BHP Support

If launched this may give a good run to the Jazz. Put the 1.5L dCi engine from the sunny pumping out 89bhp and you have a winner.

Inside space looks enormous. Probably the most spacious small car out there.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 17:07   #84
Senior - BHPian

From the looks one thing it will not be in short of is head room. The short overhangs and good width should liberate excellent passenger/boot space. The nose is stubby and must be a 1-1.2L (petrol) max engine bay, I think the 1.5 dCi would be a tight fit and too nose heavy for this hatch.
Old 15th February 2012, 18:03   #85
BHPian

By the looks of its interiors, it seems to be more of a B-Segment hatch. It'll probably compete with cars such as the Hyundai Santro, Maruti WagonR etc. With that the 1.5 liter K9K engine is out of question. It might not even get a diesel variant.

The car looks boring, even before its launch! I am not really sure, if launching this in the market will be a good idea as this will age out very soon. Renault should instead start working on the new Twingo or the Clio for India.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-modus.jpg  

Old 15th February 2012, 19:11   #86
BHPian

That's one ugly looking car!
The rear looks like a Ritz has met with an accident and fixed by amateurs.
And I'm sure where this one will not make an impression - the pricing.
Lets see if Renault has learnt their lesson.
Old 17th February 2012, 22:34   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

"The hatchback ambitions of Renault India were reached with the launch of the Pulse, a Micra redesigned by its design studio situated in Mumbai. The next step will be to look at lower segments possible with the use of a new low cost platform. Reusing Nissan’s cost-down K2 is another way to introduce a product for under 4 lakh rupees.

Like the Pulse, Renault’s Mumbai studio is believed to be giving inputs to finalize the design of the new model. The C-Segment sedan is likely to have a different front-end, new tail lights, wheels and mild changes to lighten up interiors. The launch of the V-Platform sedan will be during the last quarter of the 2012."

Renault India has no plans to launch Modus
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 23:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Reusing Nissan’s cost-down K2 is another way to introduce a product for under 4 lakh rupees.

The launch of the V-Platform sedan will be during the last quarter of the 2012.
Extremely disappointing!

1. I really liked Modus' airy and practical design when so many cars today seem to be designed to make sure to suffocate rear passengers.
2. I bet that the under 4 lac product is an older generation of Micra, and not a new and exciting platform like VW Up!
3. After Sunny, will they stop recycling Nissan cars? Or will they continue till they've done recycling even the mighty 370Z?

Last edited by DevilsCry : 17th February 2012 at 23:05. Reason: grammar correction
Old 18th February 2012, 08:49   #89
BHPian

Re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Finally, the Jazz has some competition for itself, and I'm talking purely on the basis of size, for a hatch, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if Renault had set their sights on the Jazz when they decided to include the Modus in their portfolio.
Jazz isn't competing with anyone. They don't sell. For months together booking has stopped at dealership. I would book a Jazz as soon as they can start selling it again (heard that Honda are using whatever capacity they have to concentrate on Brio). So the way it is now, anyone can have a free run competing with Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Is it just me or is the car really that ugly? I never thought I'd see a more hideous looking car than the Ritz or Dzire, until I saw this one. Ugh!

Function over form, I suppose.
That is really ugly.

Btw, I saw it yesterday in Mumbai on Dharavi-Kalanagar road. It was the same color as posted by you guys here. Don't like the looks one bit. Personal thoughts.
Old 18th February 2012, 09:20   #90
Team-BHP Support

Re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Jazz isn't competing with anyone. They don't sell. For months together booking has stopped at dealership. I would book a Jazz as soon as they can start selling it again (heard that Honda are using whatever capacity they have to concentrate on Brio). So the way it is now, anyone can have a free run competing with Jazz.
You're absolutely right.

The Jazz has proven to be more of a liability for Honda, especially after the Thailand flood debacle. Several factors contributed to the failure of the product. It's sad.

However, The Modus is a product that is not too different from the Jazz. It offers lots of space and is built on practicality and functionality. If the Jazz goes on sale again in a few months, or perhaps a year, the Modus could be its chief competitor. Even the Maruti Ertiga, to an extent, is aimed at the Jazz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks