Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 11:15   #1

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

I was taking a right into my MEPZ Tambaram, Chennai office today morning and saw this car before me. Was able to just take these 3 snaps before the signal cleared and the car sped away. Ford, Hyundai and Nissan/Renault facilities are within 30-60 min drive from MEPZ. The rear lamps looked as if they were lifted from fiesta. But I thought the Ford small car is still a long time away.

Could this be the Hyundai H800 or Nissan one planned below Micra?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-snap1i.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-snap2i.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-snap3i.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 9th September 2011 at 16:57. Reason: Watermarked the pics. Thanks for sharing.
JRAJE is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 12:05   #2
BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Great catch. This looks like a Renault Modus.

File:Renault Modus rear 20080530.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Grand_Heck.JPG
tachobells is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 12:10   #3
BHPian

re: *SCOOP* Renault's new small car Modus caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6

Excellent catch JRAJE.

As tachobells pointed out this looks like the Renault Small Car - Modus. I am sure however that this is not the H800 as it doesn't have Hyundai's design language.

The car looks good enough. But if its a car that's being tested shouldn't it be camouflaged better?
Old 9th September 2011, 12:11   #4
BHPian

wow nice catch! a renault small car. however, the way renault has been pricing its models i doubt they will hit the sweet spot with this when it is launched :(
Old 9th September 2011, 12:15   #5
BHPian

Well, this is definitely Renault Modus. I just went through the photos and 360 degree views on Renault UK site. 360° views - Media gallery - Modus & Grand Modus - Renault Cars - Renault UK

And this is likely to be the Renaul small car launching this winter as per Renault roadmap. Renault cars in India. We all thought that would be the Clio.
Old 9th September 2011, 12:18   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRAJE View Post
Moderators,

This is my first post. One of the earlier threads on H800 was closed and the other was inaccessible. Hence creating a new thread. Please let know whether this should be posted in an existing thread.

Was taking a right into my MEPZ Tambaram, Chennai office today morning and saw this car before me. Was able to just take these 3 snaps before the signal cleared and the car sped away. Ford, Hyundai and Nissan/Renault facilities are within 30-60 min drive from MEPZ. The rear lamps looked as if they were lifted from fiesta. But I thought the Ford small car is still a long time away.

Could this be the Hyundai H800 or Nissan one planned below Micra?

Thanks
Hi JRAJE
great spotting mate.

caught the same one near KK Nagar y'day night. It was raining and the driver was having a tea break spoke to him he mumbled Nissan something and did not open the car to see the interiors(told me not allowed will cost him his job) . As it was raining did not take snaps.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 9th September 2011, 12:19   #7
BHPian

It is indeed Modus. Direct RITZ challenger. dCI will be interesting to watch.

Mods: This are very first images on web-world. Please get it water marked.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:59   #8

Thanks Tachobells for the link. Agree that this is the Renault Modus.

Should the moderators change the thread to "Renault Small Car (Modus) spotted"?
Old 9th September 2011, 17:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Support: Thread moved to Indian Car Scene from Assembly line. The car has been identified as Renault Modus. Thanks for sharing
Old 9th September 2011, 17:25   #10

Awesome Catch!! Thanks for the scoop JRAJE!!
I hope it comes with the 1.5dCi Diesel Engine!
I think this will be great if priced around 8 Lakh mark.
Makes me a bit more happier and less regretful for not going for the Jazz (although
I do not know if this is as spacious as the Jazz).

Excited and looking forward to it!
Old 9th September 2011, 17:47   #11
BHPian

Great scoop JRAJE!!

Wiki says that the Modus/Grand Modus come from the last gen Clio platform which has given birth to the current Micra platform and these two.

I am praying its the Grand Modus and not the Modus. From the pics its definitely the facelifted one which has landed up here.

The Grand Modus measures 4034 mm in length (with a boot capacity of 410l),I think it should be possible for Renault-Nissan to trim 34 mm without any issue.

Renault Modus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some pics from whatcar (of the Grand Modus)

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/r...ctures/25789-5

Last edited by indivic : 9th September 2011 at 18:07.
Old 9th September 2011, 17:56   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice scoop indeed.

Looks like the Modus is scheduled to be launched at the Auto Expo 2012, and deliveries will start from January 2012.

Needless to say, it is the third covered car in Renault's image-list of 5 cars which they have promised to launch by end-2012 - the first two being the Fluence and the Koleos, then this small hatch Modus, then the Duster and finally the sedan which will target Verna/Vento/City.

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault-koleos-india3.jpg

Pointers from Renault's press conference during the launch of the Koleos -

Quote:
- The company’s planned small hatchback is going well and test mules have already been produced and are undergoing testing.

- The small hatchback will be launched at the Auto-Expo and deliveries will start in January 2012.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th September 2011 at 17:58.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 18:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

The wraps are off the mystery small car from Renault. Looks like a shrunken MPV with the rather large greenhouse all around. In terms of size, the Modus seems closer to the Jazz than the Ritz.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:24   #14
BHPian

Photos of Renault Modus taken from Renault UK website
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault-modus-1.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault-modus-2.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault-modus-3.jpg  

SCOOP Renault's new small car *Modus* caught testing. EDIT : New pics on Page 6-renault-modus-4.jpg  

Bottom Torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 18:25   #15
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Great catch Jraje..

Not bad at all. Chennai seems to be giving its share of scoops.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks