Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 22:31   #1
BHPian

Spotted : Scorpio MHawk Pick-Up

not sure if this is where you may want to see this, nevertheless this is as close as I could get to the right thread

caught around my office, which is near chakan, Pune, were these Scorpio Mhawk pickup doing the rounds
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted : Scorpio MHawk Pick-Up-img0037a.jpg  

Attached Images

Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2011, 10:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted : Scorpio MHawk Pick-Up

This will mostly be for the international markets.Was it LHD or RHD? and did it have MHawk Badges?
Old 17th September 2011, 11:59   #3
BHPian

Although I don't much about this car and therfore I shouldn't be commenting, but I do feel they should have designed a new tail lamp. Putting the original scorpio lamps is taking corner-cutting a bit to far, especially when this is meant for export market, which, if I am not mistaken, also includes the highly cometitive American market.
Old 17th September 2011, 12:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Although I don't much about this car and therfore I shouldn't be commenting, but I do feel they should have designed a new tail lamp. Putting the original scorpio lamps is taking corner-cutting a bit to far, especially when this is meant for export market, which, if I am not mistaken, also includes the highly cometitive American market.
I doubt Scopio pickup will be for the American market. It will spoil M & M name, before the launch of the XUV500, that is their primary international vehicle.

Scorpio pickup is present in south africa already with a 2.49L diesel engine. I believe the mHAWK vehicle is being tested for african and asian markets.
Old 17th September 2011, 12:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I doubt Scopio pickup will be for the American market. It will spoil M & M name, before the launch of the XUV500, that is their primary international vehicle.

Scorpio pickup is present in south africa already with a 2.49L diesel engine. I believe the mHAWK vehicle is being tested for african and asian markets.
But wasn't there a problem between M&M dealers in US and M&M because the delay in launch of a commercial vehicle by M&M was causing them significant loses. I thought that M&M were suppose to launch the scorpio pick up in USA.

Also, isn't Scorpio pick-up available in Australia too. I remember a fellow Bhpian had uploaded a picture of a scorpio pick-up in Australia. Unfortunately, I don't even remember who had posted the picture and where he had posted it!
Old 17th September 2011, 13:15   #6
Zed
BHPian

Not sure what the latest update is on the W408 which was developed for the US as a valur-for-money alternative to larger more expensive pick up trucks. M&M got the 2.2L engine certified to comply with Tier 2 Bin 5, which ( two years ago ) was the most stringent norm in the US (Cali, I guess). I recall that it was the third diesel engine after the mercedes blu tec and the VW TDI to clear pass this emission test and was a real shot in the arm for M&Ms global ambitions.
Old 17th September 2011, 14:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Scorpio Pick-up is being exported from a long time. The dual cab version in India is known as the Getaway ( which I have ). And IIRC the mHawk Pickup, both single and dual cab has been in existence for some time now.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 17th September 2011 at 14:32.
Old 17th September 2011, 15:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
This will mostly be for the international markets.Was it LHD or RHD? and did it have MHawk Badges?
Yes FX, it had a Mhawk badge and was a regular RHD

I see some other variants moving around too, will see if i can capture some pictures
Old 20th September 2011, 15:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

That makes sense perfectly since it may still be an international product may be for the South Africa and Sri Lanka market itself and yes it is a right hand drive country.

Also Mahindra launched a Genio variant for the export market with the mHawk engine. Read link below. Since the front end of the pic was not visible it might have been a Genio cab as well!

Mahindra Launches Genio range for global markets| Zigwheels.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Yes FX, it had a Mhawk badge and was a regular RHD

I see some other variants moving around too, will see if i can capture some pictures
Old 22nd September 2011, 18:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Since the front end of the pic was not visible it might have been a Genio cab as well!
oh well!! , i did/could not take pictures from the front, but it was very much a Scorpio front end

hope to capture few more down the line, as they commonly sighted in the vicinity
Old 26th September 2011, 20:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

If it really is a scorpio front end, its silly. Please Mahindra why do you do this, was Getaway not enough.

If ever Mahindra buys Mercedes, it will launch a DI version of G-wagon and a pickup version of S class.
Old 26th September 2011, 20:47   #12
BHPian

When Mahindras launched their 6-8 seater plane, I wondered whether it would be powered by a DI engine. Then maybe a pickup version to suit the masses.

Andy
Old 29th September 2011, 17:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
When Mahindras launched their 6-8 seater plane, I wondered whether it would be powered by a DI engine. Then maybe a pickup version to suit the masses.

Andy
talking about 6-8 seater from Mahindra, here is what we spotted finally off the covers.

not in the air though...
Attached Thumbnails
Spotted : Scorpio MHawk Pick-Up-2909111632.jpg  

Old 29th September 2011, 18:26   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
If it really is a scorpio front end, its silly. Please Mahindra why do you do this, was Getaway not enough.
I take strong exception to that statement. Its a very well thought out and utilitarian vehicle and I as a fanboy of the Getaway will not hear any abuse.

Cheers
Old 30th September 2011, 22:27   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
talking about 6-8 seater from Mahindra, here is what we spotted finally off the covers.

not in the air though...
Even though not in air alright, but enough to put fanboy of Mahindra like me in air.

Andy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks