Team-BHP - Skoda MissonL compact sedan to India by this year end
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda MissonL compact sedan to India by this year end (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/107958-skoda-missonl-compact-sedan-india-year-end.html)

As per ET, Skoda MissonL is planned to launch by this year end in India. Lot of options in this segment. God for customers

Looks good, no details on spec/pricing.

Source:

Skoda's MissionL compact sedan for India - pictures - Pictures/Videos - News in Pictures | Economic Times

More about it:
New Skoda Mission L Concept

Skoda MissionL concept: Frankfurt 2011

Note: MODS please merge it in case a thread exists.

Is Mission L an entirely different car than the rumoured Vento-based Lauretta? From the concept car pics, it looks very different. But, whats the target market if Lauretta and Laura are not discontinued?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uretta-20.html

I think it will be the new Laura as it bears uncanny resemblance to the new jetta retaining the skoda notchback. Also the Laura was launched in late '05 and taking into the account the typical 7 year life cycle german cars enjoy, the Laura is due for an all-new model. Looking at this concept and the value Skoda offers over the VW cousins, I feel it will make for a compelling buy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshu_j (Post 2509591)
I think it will be the new Laura as it bears uncanny resemblance to the new jetta retaining the skoda notchback. Also the Laura was launched in late '05 and taking into the account the typical 7 year life cycle german cars enjoy, the Laura is due for an all-new model. Looking at this concept and the value Skoda offers over the VW cousins, I feel it will make for a compelling buy!

IMO, the Laura still has some juice left in it. And knowing Skoda and how they tend to flog their cars even if its out of production in the other markets, the Laura will continue to be on sale for a couple of more years at the very least. Plus, the vRS variant, very recently, went on sale to the public.

There is a very high possibility that the MissionL is the new Lauretta/Rapid/Whatever. The MissionL looks a scale smaller than the Laura/Jetta to begin with, and if SKoda is bringing in a new car into India, where it will see a Global-debut, then it would be an 'India-specific' car. The Fabia-sedan/Lauretta/Rapid/Whatever is, in all probability, the India-spec car.

What are the chances of Skoda introducing two new sedans in the span of 3 months anyway?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2509623)
IMO, the Laura still has some juice left in it. And knowing Skoda and how they tend to flog their cars even if its out of production in the other markets, the Laura will continue to be on sale for a couple of more years at the very least. Plus, the vRS variant, very recently, went on sale to the public.

There is a very high possibility that the MissionL is the new Lauretta/Rapid/Whatever. The MissionL looks a scale smaller than the Laura/Jetta to begin with, and if SKoda is bringing in a new car into India, where it will see a Global-debut, then it would be an 'India-specific' car. The Fabia-sedan/Lauretta/Rapid/Whatever is, in all probability, the India-spec car.

What are the chances of Skoda introducing two new sedans in the span of 3 months anyway?

I suppose the new Laura will come as an '13 model, not necessarily early '12. I doubt the new Laurette will be based off this concept as Skoda said it won't be based on the Vision D Concept which showcased their future design direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 2509512)
Is Mission L an entirely different car than the rumoured Vento-based Lauretta? From the concept car pics, it looks very different. But, whats the target market if Lauretta and Laura are not discontinued?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uretta-20.html

Mission L is the new Octavia.

Lauretta is based on Vento.

Laura continues as before.

There cannot be two cars... lauretta / rapid / mission L all are same car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 2509687)
Mission L is the new Octavia.

Lauretta is based on Vento.

Laura continues as before.

I think they will drop the Laura brand when they launch the New Octavia/Mission L in India. Makes no sense to continue with the Laura brand name when its called the Octavia internationally.
I dont believe it will come in this year though the car looks almost ready. Its not a typical concept with crazy design elements, the only thing missing are the door handles.

According to Sirish (Overdrive), these are different models for different price segments.

In between the Laura (14 Lakhs) and the Lauretta (9 Lakhs) there is a huge missing segment.

Mission L or New Octavia is supposed to occupy this space at 10 Lakhs. Or that is the intention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur
I think they will drop the Laura brand when they launch the New Octavia/Mission L in India. Makes no sense to continue with the Laura brand name when its called the Octavia internationally.
I dont believe it will come in this year though the car looks almost ready. Its not a typical concept with crazy design elements, the only thing missing are the door handles.

Yes they can very much continue with the Laura brand name when it is called Octavia internationally. Suzuki has done it with 800/alto/a-star or esteem/baleno, Hyundai has done it with accent/verna and I am sure some more that I don't know of.

I am very much liking the MissionL in terms of styliing and aggresiveness. The latter is pretty much absent in Vento. Look at both the front and rear lamps, and the sarrounding type, neons/led look uber cool.

Price it neatly and I would be hapy to get a 1.9 TDI mid variant for sure.

Abhishek