Team-BHP - Hyundai i20 - Berry Red color discontinued
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai i20 - Berry Red color discontinued (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/107969-hyundai-i20-berry-red-color-discontinued.html)

I had booked a Berry Red i20 Asta CRDi recently (more on that soon in a new thread) and I got a call from the dealer (KUN Hyundai, Chennai) saying that my car has arrived but with a new shade of red. Apparently Hyundai has discontinued the Berry Red color in i20 and has replaced it with a new shade of red. They have named it Maharaja Red (where do they get these names from !!). The dealer took me to their yard to show me the car (apparently I'm the first one to be allotted this new color) so that I can confirm if I want to go with this color or change my booking to something else. I haven't decided on that yet, since I liked the Berry Red color a lot. This new color has a orange tint to it than red.

Anyone on the forum having similar experience as me? I took some pictures of the car and the same are attached to the thread. The first two are of Berry Red, while the rest are of the new Maharaja Red.

I dont have a similar experience as I never booked a Hyundai.
I certainly feel the new color looks better than the previous one. The earlier berry red look a bit dull in comparison to the maharaja red which looks lively.
Maharaja red certainly has a tinge of orange which is very much evident through the pictures but the color looks and gives a better feel than the berry red.
IMHO you should certainly go with the new one.:thumbs up

This shade looks nice; isnt this the same one as available on the i10?

This shade definitely isn't bland; it's actually lot shinier & louder than the earlier berry red. What you really need to ask yourself is, if not this, then which other colour?
The pictures can't do the color justice & it'll have to be a personal call by you. One thing's for certain, no one's gonna dislike this color

Congrats on the great buy & welcome to the i20 club!

Since I myself own a Berry Red, I'm obviously biased. I feel that the Berry Red had a deep maroon tint instead of the flashy and bright red of the other shade. I wonder how that color would age though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 2509796)
This shade looks nice; isnt this the same one as available on the i10?

Even I thought so, but the color in i10 is called Garnet Red, and this one Maharaja Red. There seems to be a slight and subtle difference in the shade of red.

Wonder why Hyundai wanted to discontinue the Berry Red color? Any reasons behind that? I was under the impression that Berry Red was one of the more popular color choices on the i20.

I own a Berry Red Asta, and IMPO i think that is better than the new Maharaja Red.

You may want to consider the other color choices like White or Grey, which looks great with Asta's alloy wheels.

-Ravi

What's with car companies these days? Why do they go about discontinuing colours? We own a deep-sapphire-blue Honda Jazz, and this colour has been discontinued. The new face-lifted and better-priced Jazz does not come with this colour.

It's a good thing, in a way. It helps old customers retain some sort of exclusivity. But what it does is it reduces options for new customers. I know several people who love the Jazz, just because the sapphire-blue looks stunning on it! :)

By the way, congratulations on your latest acquisition. :thumbs up The new Maharaja red looks pretty nice, but somehow, doesn't seem to suit the i20, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 (Post 2509770)
IMHO you should certainly go with the new one.:thumbs up

Thanks. I've decided to go with the new color itself. I've just confirmed the car with the sales rep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicmaker23 (Post 2509803)
Congrats on the great buy & welcome to the i20 club!

Thanks. Team-BHP helped me a lot in deciding on the i20.

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2ksrs (Post 2510145)
Thanks. I've decided to go with the new color itself. I've just confirmed the car with the sales rep.

Congratulations on the purchase. Personally,I think the new color looks better than berry red.

Since it is a new color, do treat us with lot of photos in your ownership thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theexperthand (Post 2510906)
Congratulations on the purchase. Personally,I think the new color looks better than berry red.

Since it is a new color, do treat us with lot of photos in your ownership thread.

Thanks :). The ownership thread will be up by this weekend and I'll definitely post lots of photos of the car.

Congrats on your latest pick y2ksrs :)

With the CRDI heart under the hood, colour would hardly matter for the kind of drive on offer!! :)

Note from Mod : Lets wait for the thread starter's ownership report. We cannot allow a thread on a car colour to go any longer. Thanks, thread closed.