Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2011, 22:16   #1
BHPian

What if RITZ production is stopped? -a-la ESTILO-1.2 l version

I am really wondering what is happening to RITZ, Both petrol and diesel versions. Thouh all reviews are favourable about all the aspects and 90% reviews panning the posterior shape, the vehicle as a consensus of the petrolheads, is good . But it is selling only 7000 units , that too in JUly Augusr 2011 only. Before that it was only 5000 units.
Seeing this, will Maruti think of stopping the production?. Members may correct me, but I remember, the ESTILO (1.2 lts) was also not very bad in sales before Maruti stopped its production.

What is there to stop Maruti from stopping production of RITZ and take over those lines too for SWift and Dzire production?
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:08   #2
BANNED

Re: What if RITZ production is stopped? -a-la ESTILO-1.2 l version

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
I am really wondering what is happening to RITZ, Both petrol and diesel versions. Thouh all reviews are favourable about all the aspects and 90% reviews panning the posterior shape, the vehicle as a consensus of the petrolheads, is good . But it is selling only 7000 units , that too in JUly Augusr 2011 only. Before that it was only 5000 units.
Seeing this, will Maruti think of stopping the production?. Members may correct me, but I remember, the ESTILO (1.2 lts) was also not very bad in sales before Maruti stopped its production.

What is there to stop Maruti from stopping production of RITZ and take over those lines too for SWift and Dzire production?
Ritz is a successful model from maruti. Please check the montly sales figures of other hatchbacks. Only alto, wr, swift, i10 are selling more than ritz consistently. Others like i20 and indica family are on close fight with ritz in terms of numbers, while models like estilo, santro, astar, spark, beat, punto, micra, jazz, polo, liva etc are lagging behind it. Then why maruti has to stop its production? But, an improved version with a better rear end will boost its sales for sure.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:19   #3
BHPian

there sure are people who love the RITZ. My cousin brought home his RITZ , his 3rd Ritz home last week.

He now owns a RITZ ZXI, RITZ VDI and RITZ LDI. Their fourth car is a swift VDI expecting that to be replaced by a RITZ soon
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:29   #4
BHPian

Quote:
The ESTILO (1.2 lts) was also not very bad in sales before Maruti stopped its production.
Estilo was 1.1 litre and the engine was not able to meet BS4 norms the main reason behind discontinuing it.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am really wondering what is happening to RITZ, Both petrol and diesel versions. is selling only 7000 units , that too in JUly Augusr 2011 only. ESTILO (1.2 lts) was also not very bad in sales before Maruti stopped its production.
Yhe sudden increase in ritz sales was due to the non availability of Swift on account of its transition. But 5000 a month is not too bad.
There was no ESTILO 1.2 ever. Remember, the Estilo was launched by Maruti as a challenger to rival Chevy's Spark

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd September 2011 at 23:38.
Old 22nd September 2011, 23:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Does this topic even warrant a new thread? The heading is misleading, like "stop press" news. I don't see any hard facts to discuss here other than last month's total sales.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 00:06   #7
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: This thread is pure speculation. Hence closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed