Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:58   #31
BHPian

Re: New compact Swift DZire on test

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvs View Post
Here are a few images of new DZire at bharathautos

2012 Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire Rendered Pictures
Considering the current DZire, this one looks way better. Looks to have shed a lot of quirkiness that the current DZire has.
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:09   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fash_1

Considering the current DZire, this one looks way better. Looks to have shed a lot of quirkiness that the current DZire has.
Looks like a cheap PS job. The boot profile and taillamps don't match with the spy pics at all.

The taillamps in the PS job looks like swift's while the spy pics showed some resemblance to kizashi taillamps.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:30   #33
hvs
BHPian

if the coming dzire looks actually like this, it will sell in good no.s if priced @ 5.50 - 5.75 L starting for diesel
Old 5th October 2011, 01:31   #34
BHPian

According to DWS(dance with shadows);
New Dzire CS launch soon; Trial production begins

New Maruti Swift Dzire compact sedan launch in 2011 likely | DWS Auto India

Engine options are likely 90PS VVT petrol & 90PS 'Super Turbo' DDiS Diesel from SX4/Punto 90.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

i find the new design appealing , its taken care of that boxy feel at the rear and given the car a more sporty look in my opinion , its always been good value for money and with it being priced even lower the VFM increases that much more.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:36   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

90PS 'Super Turbo' DDiS Diesel engine on Dzire CS, wouldn't this kill the sale of SX4? If this is true then the advantage that SX4 will hold are, the ground clearance, more boot space and little spacious than Dzire. All these at a cost of around 2.5 lakhs more.
Old 5th October 2011, 13:54   #37
Senior - BHPian

I personally didnt like the design. The current Dezire looks better than this. From the pic, it seems that it has been modified only to counter the shallow boot of Swift.
Old 6th October 2011, 01:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
The fact of the matter is that the boot, however big it is, is seldom used. However ugly the car looks, I doubt it can sink further than the nadir the Dzire touched. It will still do pretty darn well knowing the Indian consumer's love for all things Suzuki in the sub 6 lakh bracket.
For folks who go on highway trips often and for longer than 3-4 days, the boot space is never enough. The space in my Esteem is just enough for two to take their luggage with them on a trip so when we're packing four, the luggage for the remaining two just doesn't have enough space even after using the rear center for storage. The airport trips do see extensive use of the boot space with some luggage on the seats when there are more than two passengers.

If you're packing your stuff in suitcases, fitting them into the boot space will limit you - if you can't stack a suitcase over the other or fit them alongside each other, you've got one suitcase in the trunk and another on the front passenger seat. To achieve the smaller size, Maruti ought to use thinner seats - that's 2 inches of space right there!
Old 6th October 2011, 10:31   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
^^ The alloys indicate that its a ZXi/ZDI variant. I am quite keen to know how the car looks from rear angle.
Think those are hub caps mate and not alloys
Old 6th October 2011, 19:27   #40
BHPian

I always wonder why maruti do not hire good car designers. You've to compromise on the looks for every car that maruti rolls out. SX4 would be an exception since it has a better look than other maruti cars. Everyone says that maruti knows india & indians well, but these blunders make me to think on whether its true.

Hyundai maintain its class in every car.. Appearance is a big factor for every car. Hyundai's strategy is amazing - Appearance, quality & reliability.

If maruti is going to stop the current version & rely on under 4 metres car, then its not looking the big picture,but merely wasting the money Expectation to cover customers by giving this 50K discount doesnt make sense since it already have the customers in its kitty - Current Dzire. ( who are ready to wait for months to get this car).

Just some modification would further boost the sales - Simple.

Sometimes Indian collaboration kills the major manufacturer. I think suzuki can shine better if they get out of maruti. My hope is that the japanese can do better being independent.
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:28   #41
BHPian

Any Idea about this product? Any plan for lunch?
Old 22nd October 2011, 16:41   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2vm View Post
I always wonder why maruti do not hire good car designers. You've to compromise on the looks for every car that maruti rolls out. SX4 would be an exception since it has a better look than other maruti cars. Everyone says that maruti knows india & indians well, but these blunders make me to think on whether its true.
You know why SX4 alone looks good, cause that was designed by Fiat in joint collaboration with Suzuki. Have a look at Suzuki SX4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by nkg77 : 22nd October 2011 at 16:42.
nkg77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:20   #43
Senior - BHPian

The link only says that it is also sold by Fiat, it is originally a Suzuki only with no Fiat contribution on design.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 20:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
The link only says that it is also sold by Fiat, it is originally a Suzuki only with no Fiat contribution on design.
The Wikipedia page on Fiat Sedici states that the vehicle was co-developed by Suzuki & Fiat.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedici

Anyone?
Old 22nd October 2011, 21:30   #45
BHPian

The current Dzire is a vary practical trouble-free notch back ideal for in city use and occasional long drives with a full boot. True it looks quirky for many, but the sheer 'image' it has with the 'non-petrol heads' is unimaginable.
I like mine for its practicality and trouble free drive in city and at sane speeds on the crowded highways of Kerala. Hope the new Dzire will be a run a way success. If the boot is too small, it is unlikely to find many takers compared to the older one. The 90 hp version will be the key model for maruti in the lower C or C- segment.
This is the only angle in which i like to see my car
Attached Thumbnails
New compact Swift DZire on test-dsc0105422.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed