Team-BHP - Skoda Fabia gets 4 new variants
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda Fabia gets 4 new variants (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/108301-skoda-fabia-gets-4-new-variants.html)

High Points:

- Introduction of new "Active" and "Ambition" variants in the Fabia lineup. There's also "Active Plus" & "Ambition Plus" with some additional goodies thrown in, over and above.

- The older Fabia variants were badged as Classic & Ambiente (Elegance continues). Worldwide, there is a shift of Skoda variants from "Classic" to "Active", and from "Ambiente" to "Ambition".

- Following is a list of additional equipment:

Škoda Fabia Active:
• Lower glove box cover
• Rear interior roof handles
• New three spoke steering wheel

Škoda Fabia Ambition:
• Rear roof handles
• Heat-protect tint glasses
• New three spoke steering wheel

Škoda Fabia Elegance:
• 15” alloy wheels
• Rear windscreen heater
• Rear windscreen wiper

Škoda Fabia Active Plus
• Front power windows
• Rear power windows
• One touch up / down function for power windows

Škoda Fabia Ambition Plus
• Remote control with two foldable keys. Boot open button too
• Rear power windows
• One touch up / down function for power windows
• Remote control opening and closing of windows

Skoda Fabia gets 4 new variants-skoda-fabia-pricing.jpg

Interesting. I guess this is to have the Fabia better compete with recent changes in the hatchback market.
Sorry what do those figures translate to in Mumbai OTR ?

Great to know that Skoda India had thrown in some extra equipment in Fabia, but all these does not boost the image unless they concentrate on after sales service.

So this is not a face lift! Extra equipment for extra cash.

@GTO - do you have the ex-showroom prices in Maharashtra / Mumbai? Skoda normally puts their Maharashtra prices lowest in the country. I'm tempted to buy a Fabia diesel.

Any new colours on offer for the Fabia? Also Fiat calls their entry level variant 'Active', so wont there be an issue? I feel 5-6 variants are over-kill, 3-4 are more than enough for most cars.

Can you post on-road Mumbai prices if possible?

Second such variant and features jugglery within 12 months. I wonder what the Fabia will be in a couple of years down the line.

Any news on the Fabia Scout that was caught testing a few months back? That seems to be the only thing to look forward to.

Welcome addition of rear windscreen wiper/heater in the Elegance. This was a bad miss in the earlier version. I think atleast for the Elegance variant, the extra features have come at no or very little additional cost (I remember Elegance being around the same price ex-showroom when my BIL bought his Fabia in Feb this year).

I had a look at the Active varient, and i didn't like the 3 spoke steering wheel. Power windows are up for all four sides,no airbags. The previous variant had no power windows but driver side passenger airbag.

Sokda is offering a cash discount of 30k on all the outgoing petrol variants, with ambient carrying another 15k on accessories, the customer has the option of using 10k to add up, which makes it 40k cash discount.

Guess Skoda was testing their "NEW" Active Variant in Ahmedabad few days ago. :uncontrol

This is pure coincidence that i see a Skoda badged Punto Active 2 days before they announce an Active Variant. lol:

Skoda Fabia gets 4 new variants-skoda-punto.jpg

PS: THIS IS NOT A PHOTO SHOP JOB. I CLICKED THIS CAR PICS 2 DAYS AGO.

So they took out 2 airbags from the middle variant, the 1 airbag from the base variant and added power windows? That's taking the customer for a ride. So disappointed to see the missing airbags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by invidious (Post 2524473)
So they took out 2 airbags from the middle variant, the 1 airbag from the base variant and added power windows? That's taking the customer for a ride. So disappointed to see the missing airbags.

If I'm not mistaken, the airbags have been missing from all variants bar the top-end since the last refresh+price cut. ABS+Airbags is one of the reasons why we chose the top-spec when my BIL bought the Fabia.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 2518003)
Guess Skoda was testing their "NEW" Active Variant in Ahmedabad few days ago. :uncontrol

This is pure coincidence that i see a Skoda badged Punto Active 2 days before they announce an Active Variant. lol:

Attachment 614240

PS: THIS IS NOT A PHOTO SHOP JOB. I CLICKED THIS CAR PICS 2 DAYS AGO.

What on Earth is this? Some stupid roadside job of putting a Skoda logo in absence of a Fiat logo?? And how could the owner agree???!

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 2524477)
If I'm not mistaken, the airbags have been missing from all variants bar the top-end since the last refresh+price cut. ABS+Airbags is one of the reasons why we chose the top-spec when my BIL bought the Fabia.

That is incorrect. When the Fabia was launched, all variants came with two airbags.

When they re-launched the price cut variants; they retained 2 airbags in the middle and top variant and provided a driver airbag in the middle variant.

1.2 petrol
classic= 4,35,000 (4,83,590 including SS=26,600)
ambiente= 4,85,000 (5,37,290 including SS=28,300)
elegance= 5,68,000 (6,26,510 including SS=31,200)
1.6 petrol
elegance= 5,99,000 (6,59,850 including SS=32,300)
1.2 TDI CR diesel
classic= 5,40,000 (5,96,390 including SS=30,200)
ambiente= 5,91,000 (6,51,430 including SS=32,200)
elegance= 6,69,000 (7,55,020 including SS=34,600)
Key safety equipment
classic= driver airbag
ambiente=dual front airbags
elegance=dual front airbags, ABS MSR (motor speed regulation) and EBC 9engine braking control)

Details here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-6-petrol.html

So, per se there isnt much of a difference in Ambition Plus and Elegence? The engine remains the same. Then why the 70K odd difference? Does Elegence come with leather seats and touch HU?

So looks like the base diesel variant (Classic) has now been stripped down (airbags removed, other cost cutting) and the price has been increased by around 4k. That seems ridiculous. They would have saved around 20k by removal of airbags and other minor features, and yet increased prices by another 4k, resulting in a net difference of around 24k. While they have insulated the consumer from price increases, this seems a little stingy.

The base diesel was an awesome car earlier, it felt luxurious even though it was the base, as compared to other car companies. I too was tempted to buy one. Now I have second thoughts, unless Skoda bundles some discounts with it.

Any idea what kind of discounts were offered during Skoda's recent "Celebrations" campaign a couple months back and can we expect some good discounts around year end?