Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 11:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridiculous court ruling : Court fines Tata because of "missing" features

It is a common practice by all manufacturers to print a common service booklet for all variants. So obviously the lower variants won't have the features mentioned in the booklet. 'THIS IS A VERY SILLY CASE' I would say, the lady gets to be given the stick and not TATA.
Even the ANHC manual has Automatic Climate Control pictures and marked parts, which btw isn't part of any ANHC being sold in our country, but I understood its a global manual.

PS: Ratan Tata would be banging his head on his wall for trying to give an affordable car for all the two wheelers, taking concern on their safety I pity him!
Old 30th September 2011, 11:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ridiculous court ruling : Court fines Tata because of "missing" features

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
The Skoda Fabia manual lists a hell lot of features that do not exist in any version - ESP for instance! Perhaps we should sue.
Extra Sensory Perception perhaps??? Most people cant see it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Rear seat belts missing?
Isnt that required now by law?
might be why theyve agreed to pay up.....
I don't think, TATA agreed to pay up. If I was one suing the TATA, I would make the necessary changes in the case and sue only for the missing seat belt. Not just in claiming damages but penalty to the manufacturer so that they are extra careful in their QA procedures!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
Good time to be a lawyer. We are following the American way of life - litigation for the smallest things.

True, all mandatory items should be provided - no excuses but sometimes interpretation of the law may question common sense.
If that comes to India, rest assured we will be driving around some very reliable cars in the world!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks