Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2011, 02:05   #136
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova

From the day XUV5oo was launched i wanted it to be compared to the Aria as they are closely matched in terms of engine power and acceleration figures.

XUV5oo W6 10.8 lak, ARIA 4x2 Pure 11.7 lak
XUV5oo W8 11.95lak(leather), ARIA 4x2 Pleasure 12.7 lak
4x2 Prestige 14.36 lak(leather)

XUV5oo W8 AWD 12.88 lak, ARIA 4x4 Pleasure 13.35 lak
4x4 Prestige 14.58lak(fabric)/14.95(leather)
4x4 Pride 15.96 lak

Now the ARIA 4x2 is priced close to the XUV in terms of price but loses out on features like folding OVRM`S, rear parking sensors,fog lights,climate control on the base varient.XUV W8 is again cheaper than ARIA 4x2 Pleasure by 75,000 but still has alloy wheels,ESP,Hill descent/hold and 4 more airbags.

I am starting of with posting photos of seating comfort, boot space of both the vehicles.Sorry for the bad quality pictures of the ARIA interiors had to shoot with my Nokia C5 on a gloomy day.
Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-1st.jpg

The ARIA 3rd row seems to have longer seat base with better under thigh support.

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-2nd.jpg

The legroom of the XUV seems slightly better than the ARIA but again loses out on underthigh support.

Name:  3rd.JPG
Views: 15174
Size:  57.7 KB

ARIA way better here no contest.

I would have loved to have the underbody pictures of the XUV especially below the front bumper.Waiting for some one to post picture of the engine as seen below the front bumper.This is very important if the vehicle is used on bad roads which i am sure the future owners would be interested since what`s the point of buying a crossover/suv compared to a car.
damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 09:23   #137
BHPian

Some more pictures comparing exterior view.Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-2.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-3.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-4.jpg
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2011, 11:13   #138
Senior - BHPian

OT, please pardon me. Now fast forward to 2012, What all could happen ( my imagination only...)

1)XUV500 Price goes up.
2)Tata Aria introduces a minor face lifted version, keeping the price the same.
Accessory list become larger.
3)Toyota Innova - New updated model of Toyota innova replaces the current model
4)Mini Van from Nissan become available.
Old 6th October 2011, 11:42   #139
BHPian

i llove the XUV500 from outside. It's inside where the game changes. Too much bling for me (dont like the brown - i wonder why the fetish). Aria looks more sophisticated. price wise xuv beats the pants of Aria. definitely a winner from M&M. RIP Aria (unless TML drops prices or introduces more features)
Old 6th October 2011, 16:07   #140
Senior - BHPian

@Damodar, great photo comparison. Loved it.

Inspite of 75-80k difference between XUV500 and Aria alongwith additional features of XUV500, what it will boil down to is how capable the newly tuned mHawk engine compares to the 2.2DICOR and the overall quality- fit and finish of the car.

From fit and finish perspective, I feel Aria is much better than XUV500.
Old 6th October 2011, 16:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

Based on the key pictures, the Aria seems to have a RFiD based Immobilizer, is anyone aware of the security system in XUV ??, its a crucial feature.
Old 6th October 2011, 16:25   #142
BHPian

TATA makes blunders on ARIA even in its 4x2 version Pure variant.

At 11.97 L price tag Aria Pure doesnot come with
1. Alloy wheels
2. NO steering mount audio/phone control
3. No cruise control
4. No center Arm rest console

While 6L Tata's Vista comes with Alloy wheels and steering mount audio/phone controls.

TATA must offer all the above missing features on Aria Pure and also do a change in pushing the last row seats by 4 inches back making it fit for adults on highway travel.

TATA un-intelligently copied Xylo back seat tray feature on its Aria while keeping the price nearly double of Xylo resulting public perception xylo/innova comparison and shocked at prices.

The Aria's current center cup holder anyway has design fault as it intrudes with middle row folding, hence while making a correction TATA need to provide a chiller center console.

Reducing just 50K for deleting 4x4 on Pure is PURE greed of TATA.
A sensible Price correction with immediate effect will save Aria becoming Grande in sales performance.
Old 6th October 2011, 17:22   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
TATA un-intelligently copied Xylo back seat tray feature on its Aria
This feature is not there on the Aria, It was there on the concept displayed at the Auto-Expo but it never made it to production.
Old 7th October 2011, 06:08   #144
BHPian

Wait for the Toyota Innova

IMHO anybody looking at this space for buying should wait as there are a series of launches round the corner.

The new Innova would probably be launched in Jan 2012. The Tatas have plans for the Merlin.

The Mahindra Guys have no doubt got the first movers advantage with the launch of the XUV 5oo; however I feel that one should wait for the initial euphoria to settle down. Do also keep in mind that Mahindra itself has plans of launching a few SsangYong models like Korando and Rexton in India.
Old 7th October 2011, 09:14   #145
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wait for the Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
IMHO anybody looking at this space for buying should wait as there are a series of launches round the corner.

The new Innova would probably be launched in Jan 2012. The Tatas have plans for the Merlin.

The Mahindra Guys have no doubt got the first movers advantage with the launch of the XUV 5oo; however I feel that one should wait for the initial euphoria to settle down. Do also keep in mind that Mahindra itself has plans of launching a few SsangYong models like Korando and Rexton in India.
Innova is just a facelifted current gen innova, nothing special about it.

Merlin is again a refreshed safari with some more features & Aria platform.

IMO, Korando & Rexton wont come to India before end 2012.
Old 7th October 2011, 10:42   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Innova is just a facelifted current gen innova, nothing special about it.
True. But the new 2012 Innova is supposed to have minor interior tweaks an new steering etc.

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-2012_toyota_innova_15.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-2012_toyota_innova_04.jpg

Mechanicals remain relatively same.

The ALL NEW Innova is slated to be launched in 2014.

Have a look at more pics here.

Quote:
Merlin is again a refreshed safari with some more features & Aria platform.
It is going to be an all new product with a NEW platform so how are you calling it JUST another refresh?

Quote:
IMO, Korando & Rexton wont come to India before end 2012.
As a matter of fact, Mahindra announced some time back that they have another launch planned for 2011 end.

I think it is the Korando, It has been spotted multiple times.

Last edited by Furebo : 7th October 2011 at 10:44.
Old 7th October 2011, 11:05   #147
BHPian

The next Mahindra vehicle to be launched in Xylo Mini or CS whatever you call it. I have my fingers crossed for this vehicle. As a concept it seems like a great buy, however all depends on it's price and engine performance - given they are coming up with a new engine and are not using the Verito/Logal 1.5 unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
As a matter of fact, Mahindra announced some time back that they have another launch planned for 2011 end.

I think it is the Korando, It has been spotted multiple times.
Old 7th October 2011, 15:01   #148
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post

ARIA way better here no contest.

The pictorial comparison creates a strong case for the Aria as a better choice for a long distance cruiser for 7 people (better under-thigh support & some storage space with the 3rd row seats in use) where as the XUV makes sense for a large family primarily as a daily commute and long drives over the weekend (non over-nighters!)

One can argue that a roof carrier will tip the scale back in the XUVs favor in terms of luggage space but from an aesthetic perspective I would hate to buy a nice looking vehicle and plonk anything (apart from roof rails ) over it.

For a 2.2 family, I guess the XUV would work for sure.
Old 7th October 2011, 21:58   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
The pictorial comparison creates a strong case for the Aria as a better choice for a long distance cruiser for 7 people (better under-thigh support & some storage space with the 3rd row seats in use) where as the XUV makes sense for a large family primarily as a daily commute and long drives over the weekend (non over-nighters!)
It is not normal for the entire family (>5) to commute daily at the same time. Once in a while when you have >5, from the family, most likely you need to carry some bags/luggage. So like somebody mentioned earlier, mostly likely XUV will be used mostly as a 5 seater.
I defenitely agree, it is a good choice for style conscious urban young/mid aged people. If you are looking for class and dont want to spent >20, Aria will be better choice.
I am hearing from people that new Grande is also a nice vehicle, compared to earlier versions.
Either way in my opinion, the XUV will expand the SUV/MUV segment and both M&M and Tata will benefit, let us wait for the coming months sales figures. I expect both Grande and Aria to sell more this month than previous month

Last edited by teamveevee : 7th October 2011 at 22:00.
Old 7th October 2011, 22:37   #150
BHPian

New refreshed looks of Innova and Fortuner are the same in terms of Camry inspired chrome grill, Head lamps. How forunate the refreshed Fortuner aspirants will be on sharing looks identical as cabby Darling Innova?

XUV has got another reason now to sell more
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks