Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 10:45   #151
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishchugh View Post
The next Mahindra vehicle to be launched in Xylo Mini or CS whatever you call it.
Maybe, But by another big launch I meant something from the Ssangyong family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
The pictorial comparison creates a strong case for the Aria as a better choice for a long distance cruiser for 7 people (better under-thigh support & some storage space with the 3rd row seats in use)
If that is the logic you portray for spending 3L more on the Aria, Why wouldn't anyone just buy the Innova?

No wonder it sells!

Last edited by Furebo : 8th October 2011 at 10:49.
Old 8th October 2011, 12:15   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
Sir,

I own the Laura.It does not have so many features but its a much better engineered car.It has quality way beyond this contraption.Trust me no one buying a Corolla,Civic or the Laura would even want to sit in this thing.
Just because it has these features it does not mean it is better than the laura.On a good road the Laura will be nigh on impossible for this car to beat for sheer driving pleasure.There is something called refinement that people pay money for and this thoroughly lacking in this XUV.

Ultimately features mean nothing to me.Why do I need rain sensor? I have a solid and thoroughly engineered car,that matters to me.
I understand your views. I mentioned that it has the potential to sway some people. When presented with the value that it brings, the XUV5OO could make people think again. This vehicle presents a compelling option now for those who thought that they only had Sedans to choose from in that price range and did not want to plonk their money for a Scorpio, Safari Xylo etc. From the various reports, XUV5OO has good interiors to go along with all the specs, and the ride and handling seems to have improved too.

I can see that upcountry sales for the XUV5OO would be higher than urban market sales in due course. Many a upcountry business man would like this product. Add the real estate guys and the politicos.....
Old 8th October 2011, 16:08   #153
BHPian

XUV500 wins it hands down ,i do not think any real challenge exists for this master piece .
Old 8th October 2011, 18:52   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
XUV500 wins it hands down ,i do not think any real challenge exists for this master piece .
How do you make it Master Piece without getting vehicle, test drive, reliability report etc.? I feel that is overstatement.

I can tell it is good offering given the price tag, but cannot call it master piece.
Old 9th October 2011, 00:48   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
IIRC, Scorpio has 180 mm ground clearance from the manual. Not sure about XUV500 though, but I think it should be the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
I just spoke to Sirish Auto . They said ground clearance is 220 mm .This is due to the monochrome construction of the XUV

I also heard from one of my friends who was from Sirish in M & M for 10 days and had a good hands on . He says its a total different experience . No body roll over like what we have in Scorpio . We have all latest tech available for 16 Lakhs on road Bangalore for W8 version.
Now XUV 500 website mentions Ground Clearance as 200mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiunni View Post
Thanks for the effort to put this together - btw where is the website for XUV500 ?
Website for XUV500 is Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
The Ground Clearance has been updated on the Mahindra XUV website and is significantly higher & better than the Scorpio.
It is 200mm !! Great for Indian roads.
Thanks & best regards.
Yes 200mm is decent Ground Clearance. Finally Mahindra came up with better Ground Clearance
Old 10th October 2011, 22:10   #156
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
IIRC, Scorpio has 180 mm ground clearance from the manual. Not sure about XUV500 though, but I think it should be the same.
The GC as per the Spec is 205mm
Old 11th October 2011, 01:41   #157
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
The GC as per the Spec is 205mm
The spec states GC as 180mm for the Scorpio and 200mm for the XUV500.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:24   #158
BHPian

Is Toyota planning to launch RAV4 after seeing the rave reviews for XUV500
Toyota 2011 RAV4

How come no comparisons with Yeti for the AWD model?

Note from Mod : The Official Mahindra XUV5OO review has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the review thread.

Last edited by GTO : 13th October 2011 at 23:27. Reason: Adding link to our review
Old 19th July 2012, 20:49   #159
BHPian

Tata Aria or Mahindra XUV 500

Hi guys,
i am in the market searching for replacement of my fiesta 1.4tdci. Primary requirement was a powerful vehicle as my current one has only 68bhp to offer and good back seat and driver seat comfort for long drives. We do quite a bit touring and many a times even surat jabalpur direct run of 1000kms on two lane highways with lots of truck traffic.
Long chrished dream was to have an SUV and so this time we decided to go for it but had a limited budget of 15 lakhs. So obvious choices were safari /scorpio/ xuv/aria/innova. Ruled out scorpio for its bodyroll and innova for its van type looks. ( i know even aria has the same looks but for me it looks better than innova-purely presonal with no offence to innova owners). DIdnt consider DUster as no showroom in my city. ( i know Innova & Aria dont exactly qualiy into SUV, so lets say considered them for good ground clearance and good seat comfort)
Wifey doesnt likes interiors of safari though i could have lived with it. So only left with Aria and XUV. Meanwhile even thought of extending budget for Yeti but here in surat no one is willing to offer more than 50k discount and that too only on top most model and so it was still close to 19k and beyond my extended budget too.

Booked XUV on 8th June just coz of long delivery periods and my current tentative delivery date is 29th Oct. But i am still confused as somehow i am not convinced with it totally. Drive doesnt feel that planted as in Aria and brakes dont give confidence either. Back seat comfort is also better in Aria. But XUV scores over interiors, features and better after sales service perception.

Meanwhile met Tata Motors area sales manager for passenger vehicles and he spend some 2-3 hrs with me for Aria test drive and explaining to me its advantages over XUV and usual bla bla. Also in the end offered me a discount of Rs 1 lakhs over and above the current offer i.e free insurance,, 15K corp discount, 50k exchange bonus (4.2 Lakhs price for my 2009, 65k run fiesta through carnation). So effectively if i buy pleasure 4x2 variant i get it for around 13lakhs OTR, prestige for approx 14.8 Lakhs. Also discussed with him about any plans for discontinuing Aria to which he replied in negative and also added that there are plans to launch a stripped down version without ABS and airbags something like Safari LX.

Now i am confused , on one end i keep hearing these horror stories about Aria here on forum, plus some god reviews as well. On other hand is XUV with its own niggles but fixable but not so good ride as in Aria.
So what should i be doing
1. Stay with XUV W8
2. Go for Aria
3 If Aria then which variant Pleasure or Prestige.
One more thing i forgot to mention that we are three people in family and rarely someone joins in for long trips. So only require 5 seats and a generous boot space.

Thanks & Regards
Amit

Last edited by dave7377 : 19th July 2012 at 21:06.
Old 19th July 2012, 21:16   #160
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria or Mahindra XUV 500

Thats a tough one Amit.

The Aria is a well engineered product but let down by pathetic A.S.S. and has been a sales disaster. the weak link here is not the product but the service centers.

I tested the XUV and like you, I too am not impressed with it. while the specs and features look good on paper, they just dont come together well enough and the XUV doesnt have a solid long lasting feel to it- this coupled with the fact that it has tons of problems reported.

Since you are in Gujrat, I have no idea of the tax structure there, but have you considered the Captiva? GM is giving a 2L rupee discount on it so it should come close to 17.5 OTR. do check it out.

I was in a similar situation last week and ended up booking the captiva even though it was not on my shrtlist to start with (I had shortlisted XUV and Endeavour).

The other option could beto wait till Diwali and hopefully the Safari Storme should be out by then. You can check that out as well before you decide.
Old 19th July 2012, 21:22   #161
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria or Mahindra XUV 500

Himanshu i am constantly checking out your thread about Endy/Captiva and then you finally went with captiva. Here there are two dealership but discounts are in the range of 30-50k only. Moreover since they do not have any captiva in stock so no pressure also to dispose them off. Here captiva is 18.74 ex showroom with 6% RTO and 2% local municipal tax. i could have extended budget to 17.5 if i was getting one in that. but again would talk to my dealer tomorrow about any such offers.

Regarding storme, i am not sure if they would launch in Surat right away, here Aria too came after a year almost.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks