Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 10:55   #31
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiunni View Post
Thanks for the effort to put this together - btw where is the website for XUV500 ?
The official website for the new Mahindra is - Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India

Further, nice comparo done, can't wait for the Official TBHP Review for this car.

First impressions are good and looks to be a class beater.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Very nice comparison.

I am searching for a thread which discusses the various xUV vehicles available in various categories- including Scorpio, Safari, Aria, Innova, Yeti, Fortuner and the new entrants. Is there another thread on this topic?
Old 30th September 2011, 11:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I am myself having a scorpio which has clocked 2 lac kms!

A.S.S. of Mahindra, though nothing like toyota, is not bad either. I have a FIAT & Tata's A.S.S. is pathetic when compared to Mahindra's.
That coming from existing Scorpio owner helps me a lot. Thanks for the note, it has helped raise my confidence level on Mahindra, also i have been an earlier Indica owner and if Mahindra is better i am more than happy.

I guess now the last thing to nail down is showroom visit (Which is planned for this evening) and see the car and decide.

Now i think i can stretch and put in 25L for Fortuner (and i love the Fortuner) but would be more than happy to save 10L if XUV500 meets my needs and i can give away the premium status tag with happiness (and save 10L) . I guess beyond a level the premium (ness) does not matter. I would be happy to pay a little more for Fortuner but 10L is not little by my standards.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:45   #34
BHPian

Nice comparison. Sure cuts down effort on searching and compiling this.

However, I am seeing this trend where nick-nacks are being offered as the USP of a vehicle. For example, reverse sensors, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers, audio controls on the steering etc.

The point I'm making is - I can get all of this after-market. Why is the comparison based on these non-essentials? I'm not referring to the comparison in this thread, but when I went to test drive the Aria, everything the sales guy mentioned was unimpressive to me. Most recently, the Ford Fiesta - the guy was trying to sell the voice recognition piece in the car, instead of the car itself.

Trust me, it will not make your life easier. In the ad the guy says "Play track 12", and things magically come to life - in reality, my Indian accent drove the car berserk. Furthermore, I have an iPhone with a billion songs on it. Can it recognize the song by the name - again no, it has to be "Track xyz".

I'm completely blown away by the pricing of the XUV 500, but I remain extremely skeptical - how can they provide all of the pretty little things they've shown at this price-point? I'm left wondering what they've skimped on. Also, I'm seeing that the wheel-base to height ratio is the highest for the XUV 500 - it has the shortest wheelbase among the other cars you've listed, and yet the height is the largest. Wonder how stable this car is on road. I'm sure most of my misgivings about this car will get clarified after I do a test drive.
Old 30th September 2011, 11:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

Many thanks to you for the comparision and the details. Well done!

XUV 500 rocks!
Old 30th September 2011, 11:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
That coming from existing Scorpio owner helps me a lot. Thanks for the note, it has helped raise my confidence level on Mahindra, also i have been an earlier Indica owner and if Mahindra is better i am more than happy.
A little bit OT - check the thread posted below, it has several posts by Scorpio owners about how M&M A.S.S is.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...wise-move.html

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 30th September 2011, 12:19   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am searching for a thread which discusses the various xUV vehicles available in various categories- including Scorpio, Safari, Aria, Innova, Yeti, Fortuner and the new entrants. Is there another thread on this topic?
Yes, again by me!

you can find the thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
the major differences are
1.traction control
2. Dual mass flywheel
3. Ventilated discs in Aria

In XUV
1. tyre tronics
2. Hill climb assist
Even the XUV has a dual mass flywheel. Ventilated discs, I am not sure, will have to confirm.

Last edited by GTO : 1st October 2011 at 14:10. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 30th September 2011, 12:37   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

A great comparison indeed, it was a much awaited one too. You have indeed put in a lot of efforts into it.

The XUV seems to be a clear winner when only pricing and features are considered(Full road test awaited). If the pricing for the Merlin,as discussed in the Merlin thread, is near correct(1-2 lakhs more than the current Safari) then it might not go down well in the market. Merlin would seem a direct competitor to the XUV though it is to compete with the Scorpio/Innova only(IMO). Hope Tata prices the Merlin cleverly.

Note to the Mod: Since the TD of XUV is yet to come,could please include a comparison of the XUV with the ARIA/INNOVA at EACH point?
I know it will be difficult and cumbersome. But if it could be done then it would be very useful and informative for all. So please if possible.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post

I guess now the last thing to nail down is showroom visit (Which is planned for this evening) and see the car and decide.

Now i think i can stretch and put in 25L for Fortuner (and i love the Fortuner) but would be more than happy to save 10L if XUV500 meets my needs and i can give away the premium status tag with happiness (and save 10L) . I guess beyond a level the premium (ness) does not matter. I would be happy to pay a little more for Fortuner but 10L is not little by my standards.
If you are not planning to take the road less traveled much and do not need such a rugged vehicle, then the Fortuner might not be worth it. End of the day, it is a truck meant for rough use, and not luxurious. I love it for my own reasons. I wouldn't recommend it to my wife or brother or certain friends - who might prefer a more urban, feature rich comfortable vehicle. The XUV500 looks very attractive going by the features and the pricing.

Having said that, I have learnt to live with the Fortuner's negatives (bought it with my eyes open), and love its positives. But do note that for many people the negatives (interiors, ride etc.) are dealbreakers. My wife still complains that the ride is bumpy. Though she loves its looks and appreciates its reliability.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 30th September 2011 at 12:55.
Old 30th September 2011, 12:53   #40
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Even the XUV has a dual mass flywheel. Ventilated discs, I am not sure, will have to confirm.
Nothing was mentioned about dual mass flywheel anywhere in the website.

Are you sure about this being present?
Old 30th September 2011, 12:56   #41
BHPian

Would be interesting to know what is the carbon footprint of each of these vehicles, almost all international mags/sites do let the buyer know how much he/she would be polluting the environment with his/her purchase. I guess its about time for us too.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Nothing was mentioned about dual mass flywheel anywhere in the website.

Are you sure about this being present?
I read it in a review.

Quote:
XUV 500 is powered an m-hawk engine delivering 140bhp of peak power at 3750 rpm and 330Nm of peak torque between 1600 and 2800rpm. The upgrade m-hawk engine uses dual mass flywheel and variable geometry turbo.Mahindra has also developed 6-speed gearbox with European supplier Riccardo.XUV 500 sports Mahindra’s popular start/stop micro hybrid technology too.XUV 500 delivers a mileage of 15.2kmpl under standard conditions.
Source
Old 30th September 2011, 13:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Nice comparison

Does anyone have idea about ground clearance of XUV500? I failed to figure out the ground clearance of XUV500 from Mahindra website (Same in the case of Scorpio also ).
I just spoke to Sirish Auto . They said ground clearance is 220 mm .This is due to the monochrome construction of the XUV

I also heard from one of my friends who was from Sirish in M & M for 10 days and had a good hands on . He says its a total different experience . No body roll over like what we have in Scorpio . We have all latest tech available for 16 Lakhs on road Bangalore for W8 version.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:19   #44
BHPian

Bangy 16L OTR , might be for W8 AWD
I am hoping W8 FWD for around 14L OTR
Old 30th September 2011, 13:21   #45
BHPian

Saw the XUV 500 in flesh & it definitely does not look as big as it is in the pictures. Its a tad bigger than the Scorpio but then its no wayas big as the Fortuner or the Endeavour. Also I am not that confident of its off-road capabilities and how their *** would be able to handle the super rich laden vehicle.
On the other hand, the features and pricing is too good to resist for any one in that segment.

@raj_5004 U seem have had a bad experience with the TASS, I have been using Vista for last 3 years & am super happy with their service. On the other hand my colleague had a horrible experience when his < 3Km Xylo had a complete break down. The vehicle was lying at the M&MASS for almost 3 weeks due to nonavailability of parts.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks