Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 13:28   #46
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

Great job! Although I think the new Force Motors SUV deserved to be in the comparo. The Force guys must be shaking in their boots after seeing the XUV 500. It would be interesting to see how the Mercedes engine in the Force SUV compares to the MHawk engine.
Old 30th September 2011, 13:41   #47
BHPian

We should do a comparison analysis of

1. Scorpio
2. Safari
3. Innova
4. XUV500
5. ARIA
6. Captiva
7. Fortuner

This is like comparing the basic SUV in town till the Fortuner . This will have a clear picture of whose is who what is what analysis .

If i have missed any other vehicle in the above loop , we can add .
Old 30th September 2011, 14:44   #48
BHPian

Great thread. Thanks for starting this; and at the right time

At given price point with all the gizmos, XUV500 can easily kill Aria. Tata has already goofed up in Aria pricing.

Note to Mods - as sugested by someone else earlier, whenever you are reviewing XUV500 please also keep the comparision with Aria and Innova on key parameters - comfort, power, ease of handling etc. I am not extending the list to other vehicles (Captiva etc) as they are beyond this price.

PS : Just checked XUV website and the GC is mentioned as 205mm. Design cues, interior and exterior both from the website are too good. This vehicle is at the right price point, perfect design. TD would prove worth of handling. Way to go M&M.

Last edited by advaitlele : 30th September 2011 at 14:46. Reason: edited for GC figure.
Old 30th September 2011, 14:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Would be interesting to know what is the carbon footprint of each of these vehicles, almost all international mags/sites do let the buyer know how much he/she would be polluting the environment with his/her purchase. I guess its about time for us too.
If buyers are conscious of this aspect they would not end up buying a SUV would they,Karthik? They would not buy a diesel would they? I know diesels are quite clean but still not as clean as a petrol,right?

We have not reached that stage of maturity yet mate.Who do you think cares about such stuff.For most of the aam junta such talks are rubbish or as Jeremy Clarkson would say clap trap from ecomentalists.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:01   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
If you are not planning to take the road less traveled much and do not need such a rugged vehicle, then the Fortuner might not be worth it.
I don't think i would be doing any serious off-roading. Worse case scenario i might take it to Leh, occasional bad road driving, which i guess wont be a problem with soft roaders (Not really sure but calling the XUV500 a Soft roader for now).

Currently the heart says Fortuner and the head says XUV500.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:08   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
PS : Just checked XUV website and the GC is mentioned as 205mm. Design cues, interior and exterior both from the website are too good. This vehicle is at the right price point, perfect design. TD would prove worth of handling. Way to go M&M.
The website gives GC value as 200 mm not 205mm.

Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India

go to complete specification tab under models and features.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
If buyers are conscious of this aspect they would not end up buying a SUV would they,Karthik? They would not buy a diesel would they? I know diesels are quite clean but still not as clean as a petrol,right?

We have not reached that stage of maturity yet mate.Who do you think cares about such stuff.For most of the aam junta such talks are rubbish or as Jeremy Clarkson would say clap trap from ecomentalists.

Agree, but teambhp is the right portal to atleast understand the technology that goes behind making cars more green in turn helping other readers. So much time/money goes into reducing vehicular pollution, a huge shift to leaner and cleaner fuel, (dont flame me ) but are we only going to discuss power/ driving dynamics / style of a vehicle or be a bit more mature and understand what goes behind.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2414803

I had put this up in the Suggestions thingy, dont know never took off I guess.

Last edited by kartikk : 30th September 2011 at 16:04. Reason: added link
kartikk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 16:48   #53
BHPian

I am with you on this Karthik.It's just that all the eco cars right now are really boring to drive.I would love to drive cars which are cleaner and leaner and maybe one day drive a car based on alternate fuel but I only hope the cars in future are as good to drive as cars of today.As things stand today the advent of greener technologies has only made the driving experience more sedate.For example the EPS is touted as greener technology but has ended destroying the feel of a conventional hydraulic setup.All I am asking is why cant greener technology be used to make cars more fun? For example the KERS system in F1 cars could be used in roadcars,a boost button or a electric nitrous system.

And Karthik BHPians dont flame each other man.Its just a friendly scrap,all in good humour.

Cheers Mate.
Ascari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 16:58   #54
BHPian

Superb effort !!
Just wanted to add that in the xls file some features mentioned in the XUV500 are taken from W6 version instead of W8 version.
Namely: Leather seats standard on W8, not on W6
ESP - standard on W8
DIS / DVD player / GPS Nav. standard on W8
Color Touchscreen - standard on W8
Tyre pressure monitor - standard on W8

If the above features were left out deliberately then the model should be W6 - 2WD priced at 10.8 lakhs ex-delhi.

This is just so it adds more value to the XUV500. Cheers !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I have made a small but comprehensive comparo between the newly launched Mahindra XUV500 with the Tata Aria & Toyota Innova.

Points to note:

1) All variants are top end. Innova top end can be compared with XUV W8 2wd & Aria Prestige 4x2. XUV500 W8 AWD can be compared with Aria Pride 4x4.

2) All details are collected from their respective websites.

3) Ex-showroom delhi price of Aria was unavailable, hence mumbai pricing was taken. So please assume Aria's pricing to be 30-40k cheaper when compared.

NOTE to Mods: I have created a seperate thread purposely. Please do not merge this with the already busy XUV500 thread where it is not right to discuss about Innova & Aria. Thanks.

Last edited by mac_guy555 : 30th September 2011 at 17:01. Reason: missed a point ...
Old 30th September 2011, 18:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Shouldn't Scoprio VLX and Safari high end (Merlin is yet to launch so excluding it) form a part of this comparison? I think SUV500 rightly pitches against these too. Couldn't see comparison xls, but Innova's models considered should be both GX and V. GX is rightly at 10.8L ex-showroom Delhi. And W6 answers to that variant as well. Also, it will be so good to see the tables here in the forum for direct visibility. Somehow, I am just not able to get it open.
Old 30th September 2011, 18:54   #56
BHPian

We have missed Endevour from Ford .This could be worth adding along with Merlin from TATA Group .

Scorpio SLE Models can also be included in the above list . One of my friends bought Xylo paying 11.5 Lakhs on road for high end . Not sure if we need to add the same !!!!
Old 30th September 2011, 20:38   #57
Senior - BHPian

Mods, please delete this post!
Old 30th September 2011, 21:00   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
@raj_5004
6 speed gearbox means 5 forward gears and a reverse, right?
Six Speed gear box is 6 forward gears. Reverse is never mentioned as sum total.

Also, the website mentions 6 speed synchromesh
Old 30th September 2011, 21:01   #59
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova

You have got the spec of W6 and not W8. Can you please change the comparo excel and the price.

Last edited by NikhilReddy : 30th September 2011 at 21:03.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
@raj_5004 U seem have had a bad experience with the TASS, I have been using Vista for last 3 years & am super happy with their service. On the other hand my colleague had a horrible experience when his < 3Km Xylo had a complete break down. The vehicle was lying at the M&MASS for almost 3 weeks due to nonavailability of parts.
Yes, I have had bad experiences with TATA. Not to say, Mahindra was VERY good... but better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Superb effort !!
Just wanted to add that in the xls file some features mentioned in the XUV500 are taken from W6 version instead of W8 version.
Namely: Leather seats standard on W8, not on W6
ESP - standard on W8
DIS / DVD player / GPS Nav. standard on W8
Color Touchscreen - standard on W8
Tyre pressure monitor - standard on W8

If the above features were left out deliberately then the model should be W6 - 2WD priced at 10.8 lakhs ex-delhi.

This is just so it adds more value to the XUV500. Cheers !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
You have got the spec of W6 and not W8. Can you please change the comparo excel and the price.
I think I have taken the specs & features of W8 2WD & W8 AWD as mentioned. What makes you think I have taken the W6?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks