Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 22:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova

Thanks to Carwale.com for this facility. Could not include Aria due to the 4 car limitation, will need to do another comparo for that. Prices for the cars as they say are averaged out and approx.

This is my view of looking at them and placement of them all with respect to each other in a nutshell.

Given this basic lookout, why would one go for anything other than XUV500? The only concern is if it really has the strength to go on and on with little niggles.

The USP of Innova is the superb ride, handling, stability, comfort, space even in 3rd row for adults and boot space to carry much more than any (except Safari which has again loads of space at rear due to its jump-seats, Aria beats them all squarely in all respect but for the 3rd row seat space). However, it falls short of GC, power and torque.

Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova-xuv500vssafarivsscorpiovsinnova.jpg

Last edited by parsh : 30th September 2011 at 22:33.
Old 30th September 2011, 23:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

I think I have taken the specs & features of W8 2WD & W8 AWD as mentioned. What makes you think I have taken the W6?
You have mentioned W8 2WD has No leather seats, No EPS, No Hill hold & Hill descent which is not true.. The only difference between W8 2WD and W8 4 WD is the price and all wheel drive. Rest all the features are same for W8 2WD and W8 AWD

Kindly check Mahindra Website Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India.. you will know what I am talking.

Last edited by NikhilReddy : 30th September 2011 at 23:04.
Old 30th September 2011, 23:30   #63
BHPian

Yes that is exactly what I mean .... It's not what I think but it is the Mahindra website which says it.
Thanks and best regards!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post
You have mentioned W8 2WD has No leather seats, No EPS, No Hill hold & Hill descent which is not true.. The only difference between W8 2WD and W8 4 WD is the price and all wheel drive. Rest all the features are same for W8 2WD and W8 AWD

Kindly check Mahindra Website Mahindra XUV500 | Price, Review, Videos, Test Drive, Photos and Specifications | Latest SUV in India.. you will know what I am talking.
Old 1st October 2011, 00:41   #64
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
Agree, but teambhp is the right portal to atleast understand the technology that goes behind making cars more green in turn helping other readers. So much time/money goes into reducing vehicular pollution, a huge shift to leaner and cleaner fuel, (dont flame me ) but are we only going to discuss power/ driving dynamics / style of a vehicle or be a bit more mature and understand what goes behind.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2414803

I had put this up in the Suggestions thingy, dont know never took off I guess.
Kartik,
Well put and I totally agree with you on that, though I'm equally excited about XUV. Awareness is the key for any change and kids from current generation are way more eco friendly than us. When I replaced my car about a year ago, my kids 7 & 4 at that time insisted that I buy a hybrid which I finally did.

P.S,
That's a nice bike you have in your profile pic. Would you mind if I PM you about bike and bike rack availability in India?

Thanks

Thanks
live360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 09:02   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

So more then 8500 bookings in a day for the XUV. It will be really interesting to see how Toyota responds to this. Innova looks so bare bones when compared. Mahindra has a decent level of reliability going for it too due to the huge number of scorpios we see on our roads. So Innova would find it little tough to sell itself purely on the basis of the T badge. I am guessing huge discounts on the Safari too might start pretty soon.
Old 1st October 2011, 09:36   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So more then 8500 bookings in a day for the XUV. It will be really interesting to see how Toyota responds to this. Innova looks so bare bones when compared. Mahindra has a decent level of reliability going for it too due to the huge number of scorpios we see on our roads. So Innova would find it little tough to sell itself purely on the basis of the T badge. I am guessing huge discounts on the Safari too might start pretty soon.
The Safari YES but the innova HELL NO. Not with the facelift out just a month ago. Toyota is not known to buckle under pressure
Old 1st October 2011, 10:40   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
The Safari YES but the innova HELL NO. Not with the facelift out just a month ago. Toyota is not known to buckle under pressure
The same was said about honda also. And we all know how that played. Till now there was no credible product too tocompete with the innova. But with the xuv I am pretty sure toyota will lose some prospective customers. I am all buckled up to watch the drama unfold in the coming months.
Old 1st October 2011, 10:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The same was said about honda also. And we all know how that played. Till now there was no credible product too tocompete with the innova. But with the xuv I am pretty sure toyota will lose some prospective customers. I am all buckled up to watch the drama unfold in the coming months.
One small difference, Honda had NO product to compete with [read no diesel car] and because of that they had to drop the prices. No such issues with Toyota. Having said that if the XUV500 forces innova prices downwards, all the better!!!
The innova is still a wonderfull product and many wil benefit from a drop in prices. Nothing like some healthy competition for the benefit of the consume
Old 1st October 2011, 11:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikhilReddy View Post

Oops, thanks for pointing that out buddy. I will get it corrected.

Meanwhile, a sales consultant in Mahindra tells me that the XUV500 indeed has traction control but its bundled along with the ESP. Hence it is not mentioned explicitly. The brochure also mentions something similar. So I am adding that to the feature list also.

Also, I am changing LED DRLs to LED parking lights because they are not exactly DRLs!

Also, since now we have the mumbai pricing, I am changing all the prices to Mumbai ex-showroom since Delhi ex-showroom pricing of Aria is unavailable. This would make a fair comparison.
Attached Files
File Type: xls XUV500.xls (34.0 KB, 536 views)
Old 1st October 2011, 11:08   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
One small difference, Honda had NO product to compete with [read no diesel car] and because of that they had to drop the prices. No such issues with Toyota. Having said that if the XUV500 forces innova prices downwards, all the better!!!
The innova is still a wonderfull product and many wil benefit from a drop in prices. Nothing like some healthy competition for the benefit of the consume
Exactly. I am happy my Innova has done 80k kms. I will wait it out for another year and see how things work out. New facelifted Innova vs the XUV vs jump up the ladder and go for one of those 20L SUVs. Consumer's paradise!
Old 1st October 2011, 11:20   #71
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

The Ground Clearance has been updated on the Mahindra XUV website and is significantly higher & better than the Scorpio.
It is 200mm !! Great for Indian roads.
Thanks & best regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
Nice comparison

Does anyone have idea about ground clearance of XUV500? I failed to figure out the ground clearance of XUV500 from Mahindra website (Same in the case of Scorpio also ).
Old 1st October 2011, 11:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

I will be surprised if XUV500 doesn't wipe out Innova. No point talking about Aria which hasn't even taken off. XUV500 versus Innova? XUV500 should sweep the floor with Innova but for the people's hang up with Toyota badge ( personally I care a hoot for any badge ). XUV has got the looks, the go, Mahindra's proven technology and all this at a reasonable price. What more can one ask for? Innova? An ugly boring looking van with a taxi image and very long in the tooth. Good only for airport runs. Toyota reliability? I think it's much overstated. I have ssen many Innovas broken down/being towed. My vote goes to XUV by a light year margin.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 11:30   #73
superveloce

Can somebody please elaborate on what exactly are Lead me to home lamps? Im a bit confused.
  (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 12:08   #74
Team-BHP Support

One of my acquaintances is looking forward to book one, but tier II/III towns would accept booking in the 2nd phase, i.e. from 1st November onwards.
Old 1st October 2011, 12:19   #75
BHPian

Is boot space of xuv worst than that of innova?
Is 3rd row seat better than aria?
How is nvh level?

Can someone comment pls.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks