Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2011, 12:38   #76
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 vs Tata Aria vs Toyota Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
Can somebody please elaborate on what exactly are Lead me to home lamps? Im a bit confused.
Headlamps stay on for a few moments after you lock (or in some cases just shut closed) the door and leave your vehicle... hence illuminating the path in front of the vehicle and lead you home.
Old 1st October 2011, 12:43   #77
Team-BHP Support

Follow me home lamps. A standard feature on the Safari.
Old 1st October 2011, 13:19   #78
BHPian

Just hoping the teriffic pricing of xuv would force others to drop their prices.I also think that c and d segment segment cars prices would also come under pressure.Never has a mahindra excited me before and after such a long time a car has come that has brought excitement into the market.Now lets see what happens to other suvs.
Old 1st October 2011, 13:35   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can somebody please elaborate on what exactly are Lead me to home lamps? Im a bit confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoMAX View Post
Headlamps stay on for a few moments after you lock (or in some cases just shut closed) the door and leave your vehicle... hence illuminating the path in front of the vehicle and lead you home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Follow me home lamps. A standard feature on the Safari.
XUV500 has follow me home as well as lead me to car lamps.
Old 1st October 2011, 13:48   #80
BHPian

Re: XUV500 vs ARIA vs Innova !

Quote:
Originally Posted by live360 View Post
Kartik,
Well put and I totally agree with you on that, though I'm equally excited about XUV. Awareness is the key for any change and kids from current generation are way more eco friendly than us. When I replaced my car about a year ago, my kids 7 & 4 at that time insisted that I buy a hybrid which I finally did.

P.S,
That's a nice bike you have in your profile pic. Would you mind if I PM you about bike and bike rack availability in India?

Thanks

Thanks

Awesome to know your kids influenced you to make the right decision, I know some folks must be hating me for ruining this thread with off topic mentions of environmental impact and other gibberish. But if you note one thing, more and more people want safety features included in their purchase while manufacturers are scrambling to add them on, things like ABS, Airbags now take a precedence. It wont be long when manufacturers are pushed by communities like us to include a carbon footprint number in their products. We already have a "Power Savings Guide" in almost all electrical purchases. Let there be one for vehicles too, especially SUV's

To give you a head start I'm using SARIS BareBones 2, google for Thule, Yakima(I love this one) I'll pm with the other details.

Have a good one
Old 1st October 2011, 13:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Just hoping the teriffic pricing of xuv would force others to drop their prices.I also think that c and d segment segment cars prices would also come under pressure.Never has a mahindra excited me before and after such a long time a car has come that has brought excitement into the market.Now lets see what happens to other suvs.
It all depends on by how much M&M increase their prices after 2-3 months. By then M&M would have broken even. Since,now its just introductory prices, other manufactures might actually be waiting for M&M to increase prices. So expect any launches scheduled in the coming months to be pushed ahead.
zteg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 14:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I will be surprised if XUV500 doesn't wipe out Innova. No point talking about Aria which hasn't even taken off. XUV500 versus Innova? XUV500 should sweep the floor with Innova but for the people's hang up with Toyota badge ( personally I care a hoot for any badge ). XUV has got the looks, the go, Mahindra's proven technology and all this at a reasonable price. What more can one ask for? Innova? An ugly boring looking van with a taxi image and very long in the tooth. Good only for airport runs. Toyota reliability? I think it's much overstated. I have ssen many Innovas broken down/being towed. My vote goes to XUV by a light year margin.
I'll have to disagree with you here. The Innova is a fabulous product with high quality interiors and a brilliant engine. May not have the looks or bells and whistles of the XUV500 but its a creation of some superb engineering. Its a proven success not only in India but many Asian countries where the competition is much hotter than in India. No doubt XUV seems to be a good product but it has miles to go before it can be called better than an Innova. There are many people I know who still have doubts about going for a Mahindra product, but Toyota you can buy with your eyes closed. Its assured reliability. I have two Innovas in the family and have been using them for 6 years now. Never has either of them let me down. The breakdowns you mention could probably be cars that have never been serviced regularly by their owners.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 15:29   #83
superveloce

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
XUV500 has follow me home as well as lead me to car lamps.
How do lead me to car lamps function? How do they come on??

Old 1st October 2011, 15:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I'll have to disagree with you here. The Innova is a fabulous product with high quality interiors and a brilliant engine. May not have the looks or bells and whistles of the XUV500 but its a creation of some superb engineering. Its a proven success not only in India but many Asian countries where the competition is much hotter than in India. No doubt XUV seems to be a good product but it has miles to go before it can be called better than an Innova. There are many people I know who still have doubts about going for a Mahindra product, but Toyota you can buy with your eyes closed. Its assured reliability. I have two Innovas in the family and have been using them for 6 years now. Never has either of them let me down. The breakdowns you mention could probably be cars that have never been serviced regularly by their owners.
Apart from the "T" badge (which itself is an arguable argument), can you give some more objective reasons as why you think " it has miles to go before it can be called better than an Innova"

I think it is just the other way round. Mahindra has created a product which is leap years ahead of the Innova in every aspect other than the badge value.

Looks, road presence - do I need to say anything?
Features - no comparison again
Engine - The 2.2 140 bhp Mhawk will eat the Innova's anaemic engine for breakfast.

Kudos to Mahindra ..way to go . A BIG
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 15:47   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do lead me to car lamps function? How do they come on??
When i asked the sales executive in Mahindra, he was not sure about this.

I think when you press the unlock button for 3 seconds or more, the headlight glows or the blinkers are activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Apart from the "T" badge (which itself is an arguable argument), can you give some more objective reasons as why you think " it has miles to go before it can be called better than an Innova"

I think it is just the other way round. Mahindra has created a product which is leap years ahead of the Innova in every aspect other than the badge value.

Engine - The 2.2 140 bhp Mhawk will eat the Innova's anaemic engine for breakfast.

This is an decade old perception that To-Yo-Ta is better, whatever Mahindra or TATA does, it doesnt matter. Toyota is always better! And this will continue for decades to come, especially in India!

Yes, but I also do agree that a mahindra - scorpio for instance, is not super reliable as the innova (judging by the reviews in forum, my scorpio has not given me any major issue) but I had rather buy a reliable & complete product rather than a super reliable & incomplete product.
Old 1st October 2011, 16:02   #86
BHPian

Let me state a fact and not hear-say.

The plastic quality of the xuv is at par with the innova if not better (except for one place - the front armrest chiller interior plastic was low quality).
As far as the look and feel of the product goes it beats the innova hands down. Safari doesn't even deem a comparison in interior quality and finish.

Havent test driven the vehicle so will wait to comment on suspension and transmission / engine.
Old 1st October 2011, 16:25   #87
BHPian

The VFM positioning of the XUV500 is simply perfect. I would say that the VFM proposition could put many sedans at risk too. Those buying a Sedan to service them for long distance regular travels could now seriously look at the XUV500. The Altis, Fluence, Laura, the top end Fiesta, Fluidic Verna et al could all be at risk. I know that a entry level luxury sedan market has a different buyer profile but temptations can change people in ways that we cant even imagine.

It is so heartening to see that someone has brought a safe, powerful, feature rich package at such an affordable price to the market. Now many of us can hope to own an SUV...maybe a Hyundai EON for city drives, and an XUV500 for those highway rides.
Old 1st October 2011, 16:26   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
This is an decade old perception that To-Yo-Ta is better, whatever Mahindra or TATA does, it doesnt matter. Toyota is always better! And this will continue for decades to come, especially in India!

Yes, but I also do agree that a mahindra - scorpio for instance, is not super reliable as the innova (judging by the reviews in forum, my scorpio has not given me any major issue) but I had rather buy a reliable & complete product rather than a super reliable & incomplete product.
Brilliant effort Raj

I have been wondering about this even before the XUV launch, maybe you know the answer.

How come dimensions length, width, wheelbase of Aria is more than innova or xuv but when you sit inside the space esp leg space in 2nd and 3rd row is less in Aria! what sorcery is this
Old 1st October 2011, 16:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

All I can say is wait and watch.
Old 1st October 2011, 16:52   #90
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Could not include Aria due to the 4 car limitation, will need to do another comparo for that. Prices for the cars as they say are averaged out and approx.

The USP of Innova is the superb ride, handling, stability, comfort, space even in 3rd row for adults and boot space to carry much more than any (except Safari which has again loads of space at rear due to its jump-seats, Aria beats them all squarely in all respect but for the 3rd row seat space). However, it falls short of GC, power and torque.
Really Nice comparo but - ??? Didn't get why you felt the Aria is short on GC, power or Torque.

Aria totally matches the XUV exactly in Power and Torque. Infact the 4X2 has a 0-100 time faster than that of the fortuner (ofcourse as it is lighter) but even the 4X2 has a reasonably exciting for class 0-100 of 15 sec and matches the options listed at your end on power and torque. Infact exceed the rest and matched the XUV.

Also the GC is within 5-10 mm of the all options listed by you - (Exceeds in some cases) It is just that it is designed to appear too tall.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks