Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 07:26   #91
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda to slash City price by 70k-100k (AGAIN!!)

That is good news to all prospective City buyers. I strongly feel Honda is planning an oil burner for the City and hence this price adjustment. Both ways, we, the customers, are the winners!!!
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:18   #92
Team-BHP Support

Looks like stock clearance for the rumoured City facelift.

So, this brings the City almost 1.5 lakhs cheaper than what it was when we bought it. Not cool!

Anyone with current ex-showroom prices?
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:27   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I will be a bit surprised since there was a similar cut a couple of months ago. But a new model may be on the cards since I got a call from Honda stating that they have some special deals, esp on City for Honda AT owners!
sir, why would a clearance offer be provided to a niche class of current owners?
A Jazz/OHC owner may be more of a target for this kind of sales push techniques.
Old 23rd November 2011, 09:53   #94
Senior - BHPian

Thats some price cut!But i dont understand why would Honda make such a huge announcement to cut prices,then launch the facelifted city at a higher price?The facelifted city itself is going to be more of a cosmetic job,so i think this is really true,there cannot be a better time to buy a city!
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:44   #95
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This could pertain to the current model for the short time till the new one is out. But do they have sufficent stock of the current model? Also what one gains with the current model in terms of price with a purchase in nov / dec 2011 one will immediately loose more than that when the new one (even for the refresh - not totally new) is out in 2012 in terms of resale.

In that sense Honda does need to do this and yet for the above reasons that too may not be enough to set the sales charts of fire. Only buyers who wish to keep the car for 5-7 years min can consider the deal from the point of view of lower upfront cost.
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:05   #96
BHPian

In today's TOI, there is an advt regarding massive savings on Civic (100K) and Accord (150K). Is Honda replacing these also?
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:37   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
In today's TOI, there is an advt regarding massive savings on Civic (100K) and Accord (150K). Is Honda replacing these also?
Yes Civic has massive discounts, i was offered one (Red colour) for 14L OTR Bangalore which is way lower then the otherwise OTR which is above 16L. We gave it a pass as this was supposedly the last piece remaining (Which were not comfortable with). Civic replacement will happen soon, but these are sales of left overs as there is no new supply because of floods in Thailand.

If one wants to buy current gen Civic/Accord and would keep this for 5-7 years then this is probably the best time to buy one.
Old 23rd November 2011, 11:46   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Means Honda is replacing its entire Lineup. Pretty neat. Like a complete format.
They are just left with CRV and Jazz now. Jazz already had its share of discounts.
This also makes me think if Honda was overpriced, always?

Cheers,
Tapish
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:57   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Looks like stock clearance for the rumoured City facelift.

So, this brings the City almost 1.5 lakhs cheaper than what it was when we bought it. Not cool!

Anyone with current ex-showroom prices?
A friend booked the City S-MT yesterday at 8.20L on-road (95k discount), Thane reg.
The S.E said that this is indeed the clearance sale and also mentioned that the new Honda city will be 50 to 70 k expensive than the current one(may be was a selling strategy).
According to the S.E, the new city will just have a minor facelift and not a major change in styling. The engine remains the same.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:09   #100
BHPian

Quote:
See if the advt was put up by Honda or the local dealer. My strong guess is the latter.
The Civic and Accord wouldn't have touched the sales target for the year hence the hefty discounts. Common across all segments in November - December every year. Doesn't necessarily mean an upgrade in the pipeline.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:34   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_power View Post
A friend booked the City S-MT yesterday at 8.20L on-road (95k discount), Thane reg.
The S.E said that this is indeed the clearance sale and also mentioned that the new Honda city will be 50 to 70 k expensive than the current one(may be was a selling strategy).
According to the S.E, the new city will just have a minor facelift and not a major change in styling. The engine remains the same.
THE S.E. is lying thru his ***. Latest rumors are that Honda is gonna do a Jazz on the City. They will reduce the ex-showroom prices by 70k to a lakh for the new City. New facelifted City expected around Dec 15.

All should wait for the face lifted car. Really no point buying the current stock.

Even if the rumored reduced price line doesn't happen, just wait for a couple of months more and the discounts will start again.

Cheers
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:38   #102
Senior - BHPian

If the information is true (2nd price cut in 3 months), then potential customers stand to gain a lot, while existing customers will be really cut up with Honda.

With both price cuts in effect, I guess the City would cost the same as the earlier Jazz.
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:42   #103
BHPian

Man this discount seems really mouth watering. But does anyone have more information about the facelift as, I bought the altus thinking the facelift would be cosmetic but they improved the engine and also provided a 6 speed gearbox, I wouldn't want to miss out again on a substantial upgrade, apart from that also Honda gave huge discounts to clear the old jazz stock and launched the facelift at a similar discounted price. Really need to weigh the odds before I put the money on the city automatic
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:15   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
See if the advt was put up by Honda or the local dealer. My strong guess is the latter.
I checked it again and it's from Honda and not from the dealer. And they have quoted "limited stock available".
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

I guess its year end deals. But the question is what will be added extra on the new City vis-a-vis the existing model to warrant a close to 2 lakh difference. Also we are already in the 3rd year of ANHC so would it be a refresh kind of job or is it going to be a totally new model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks