Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:29   #106
BHPian

re: Honda to slash City price by 70k-100k (AGAIN!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I checked it again and it's from Honda and not from the dealer. And they have quoted "limited stock available".
This ad has been running for more than a month or maybe for a couple of months. All this "limited" stock is nonsense. Civis and Accords are not taking off at all. Civic on account of the fact that there is a new model around the corner. Both partially due to pathetic resale values
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:05   #107
BHPian

Last week the TOI Bangalore Ad also mentioned finance at 2.99% interest rate for both Civic & Accord
Old 23rd November 2011, 15:51   #108
BHPian

another price cut? definitely a stock clearance of some sort. this is the best time to buy the V-AT.

a couple of my friends purchased the City after the last price cut a couple of months ago. I wonder what they have to say to this one!
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:17   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

New prices post "unofficial Cash Discount offer" -

City E MT - 6,96,300

City S MT - 7,54,000

City V MT - 7,85,000

City V MT (Exclusive) - 8,28,000

City V AT - 8,43,700

City V AT (Exclusive) - 8,91,596

All prices, ex-showroom, C.G.

Offer valid till stocks last.

New MMC facelifted City expected by 18th December.

Price range to be between from 6.99 L - 8.99 L, ex-showroom Delhi.

Supposed changes - Slightly revised front grille, front head lamps, rear tail cluster lights, chrome accents on trunk lid, "Eco" indicator (only for V & AT models), and optional sunroof (only for V & AT models).
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 20:59   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi
New prices post "unofficial Cash Discount offer" -

Price range to be between from 6.99 L - 8.99 L, ex-showroom Delhi.

Supposed changes - Slightly revised front grille, front head lamps, rear tail cluster lights, chrome accents on trunk lid, "Eco" indicator (only for V & AT models), and optional sunroof (only for V & AT models).
Thats it?? No ACC?

But if these prices are true, its going to be another very long waiting list for City- very much like Jazz!
Old 23rd November 2011, 21:17   #111

I had enquired with a few dealers including the one from whom I purchased my City in October, 2011 (posing as a new customer) but they all offered cash discounts of only aroung 45k-50k and on SMT only. No EMT or AT left. So it seems that this level of cash discount in addition to the already lowered price is just not true....
Old 23rd November 2011, 22:34   #112
Senior - BHPian

I am not understanding from the beginning the purpose of this thread. IIRC Honda slashed prices sometime back and posted ads mentioning ANHC starting 7.49 lacs (ex-showroom price). Then afterwards they were offering discounts on the reduced prices to the tune of 70k to 100k for clearing the stocks resulting in Ex-showroom price matching on road price. Now if you see the prices posted by RavenAvi and add Road tax, etc, the on-road price will match the price mentioned earlier, so nothing new.
We have a similar thread going in the same lines from quite some time. Its titled 'Honda City - 2012 Facelift pics'. This topic is also extensively covered there and also on 'New Car prices and offers thread'.
The only point I seem to be missing may be earlier discounts were offered inside showrooms, etc. and not advertised and now they are 'officialy' out on Times Now, etc.
Old 24th November 2011, 00:17   #113
BHPian

There was a "spy picture" of a new face lifted City on the backpage in one of the leading auto mags.
To be honest I couldn't find any difference.
Could someone post a link here to go to the other thread on the facelifted City??
Old 24th November 2011, 01:00   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Could someone post a link here to go to the other thread on the facelifted City??
Two threads on the topic of the City facelift:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ity-sedan.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lift-pics.html
Old 24th November 2011, 01:06   #115
BHPian

I was offered, sometime back, 90k discount on the City V-AT model bringing it to 9.50 lacs on road without octroi mumbai (panvel, thane) now I guess it would go below 9 lacs! wow! extremely tempting! but I somehow feel the facelifted city might have a few key features which are currently missing along with new corrected price like Jazz and not more than the current price like the dealers are mentioning. it may be just to clear the stocks.

a friend of mine bought the S-MT model for 9.80/90 last year and now the top end V-AT is available much cheaper than that! phew! changing times!

they are also offering touchscreen audio systems with civics and accords! as they are hardly selling. wish they start giving them with the city as well!

infact right now almost all the car makers are offering great offers on almost all their cars. except newly launched ones. whether be it Honda, VW, Skoda, Chevrolet or Mercedes! read an add for Merc E class with 0% interest scheme + 3 years free maintenance and also no petrol cost for 3 years! wow! auto sector is really hotting up and customers are going to benefit.
Old 24th November 2011, 07:33   #116
Senior - BHPian

Read this in today's Times of India:

Honda stops production of City, Brio to be next

TNN | Nov 24, 2011, 02.50AM IST
NEW DELHI: Supply constraints due to floods in Thailand is wreaking havoc at Honda's Indian operations and has forced the company to shut down production of the City sedan and Brio compact. It has also cut back the output of the Jazz hatchback to a few hundred units. To tackle the problem of shortage of parts, Honda is making emergency arrangements to source components from locations in China and Japan to normalise output.

Executive said the company will have to slash output by around 95% in December and only a few hundred units will be produced to keep the plant running and maintain manpower. The company's average production is about 6,000 units after the launch of the Brio.

Jnaneswar Sen, senior V-P at Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI), confirmed that output would be badly hit in December, adding that arrangements are being made to tap other areas for sourcing critical parts. "We are looking at China and Japan very keenly. We hope to firm up things soon and return to normalcy in the coming months, though nothing can be confirmed as of now," Sen said.

Sources said while production of the City has already been stopped, the Brio will be discontinued from next month. Jazz will have a skeletal production, around 250 units, and a few hundred units of the Civic and Accord sedans will also be made. Honda has stopped taking new bookings for the Jazz at its dealerships due to the uncertainty and the model has a waiting list of over six months. The Brio too has been facing a long queue at dealerships. "The situation is very bad and December could perhaps be one of the worst months for Honda in India," the sources said.

The company has already started informing the customers about the delay in delivery due to the Thailand crisis. The Brio, which has sold 1,500 units so far, faces a backlog of 6,000 cars. On the Jazz, the pending bookings run up to 4,000 units. Dealer and vendor sources, however, said the situation on the City could improve by the middle of January and on the Jazz and Brio by mid-February.

Honda gets a variety of electronic components and underbody parts from Thailand. The damaging floods came at a time when the company appeared to be coming out of tough times after a massive price correction on the Jazz and the City and launch of the Brio, its lowest-priced car in India. Thailand was the first market where the Brio was manufactured and India followed later. A lot of the car's key parts are being sourced from Thailand with which India also has a trade agreement - known as the early harvest scheme - as a part of which components can be imported at lower duty rates.

An official spokesperson said India is not the only market to face production halt due to disruption of supplies from Thailand. Honda's plants in Philippines, Indonesia and Vietnam are already shut due to supply crunch. Honda's current supply constraint comes after a similar problem earlier this year when Japan was hit by a tsunami and quake. Supply of components was also impacted then, leading to a cut in output.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:28   #117
BANNED

I was talking to one of the owners of the Honda franchise on Sunday. The backlog on the Brio/Jazz is now five months. Did not ask about the City.
Old 24th November 2011, 14:01   #118
Team-BHP Support

Everything that can possibly go wrong is going wrong for Honda.

The rising petrol prices messed up their City numbers; they had the sense to cut prices. The tsunami in Japan then resulted in parts' shortage. Just when the facelifted Jazz and Brio were launched at very good prices and City itself was doing well, Thailand went under water.

Knowing the Japenese, I'm sure Honda will be up and running soon though.

So City's production is halted and YET there are such huge discounts? It seems like Honda is an ever too generous mood.
Old 24th November 2011, 16:20   #119
BHPian

Re: Honda to slash City price by 70k-100k (AGAIN!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapish View Post
People,

With Toyota, VW and others feeling the heat of depreciating rupee and Maruti facing labor problems, is Honda the winner in the game?

People about to buy a C segment sedan, Rejoice!

Cheers,
Tapish
It might be too early to rejoice since with the current backlog of Jazz, City and Brio, no one will be temped to buy a Honda till the mist clears around when exactly the production begins again and the waiting period.

Since quite a few of the electrical and electronic components are sourced from Thailand which is also supplier for Honda in other Asian countries, the chances of longer waiting period increases further.

Moreover: If I had bought a Honda City in the last 6 months, I would feel cheated with this new price cut .. I would feel cheated by Honda for nearly Rs. 1L with the slated price cut !! Under the name of a few cosmetic changes, Honda cutting price to the tune of 1L.

What happens to the so-called "Premium" branding to Honda ? Will it still stay as a premiun brand or will it become an "American Honda" .. Cheap and a beginner's car ??
Old 24th November 2011, 16:24   #120
BHPian

Re: Honda to slash City price by 70k-100k (AGAIN!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post

What happens to the so-called "Premium" branding to Honda ? Will it still stay as a premiun brand or will it become an "American Honda" .. Cheap and a beginner's car ??
BRand value may suffer, but it can never become "Cheap and beginner" in India. The brand still commands premium pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks