Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2011, 09:57   #136
BHPian

Re: September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

The pricing for the new Ford Fiesta is a joke. The price of the old Ford fiesta too doesnt tally too well given the fact that its a 6 year old car. I personally dont see sales for either of them going up anytime soon.

On the other hand, the Hyundai verna has set a scorcher in the sales charts beating the City and Vento too...
Old 8th October 2011, 10:20   #137
Senior - BHPian

absolutely and its a wonderful car. We picked up one last year for my wife and its an absolute gem - hassle free , no problems whatsoever , very well built , excellent fuel economy. i am happy to see it maintaining the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panko View Post
I think, after a great performance over the last three months (and consistent performance over many months), we can safely deduce that Ritz is a successful model now.
Especially, the performance in the last month is very important. Even though new Swift came in the market, Ritz maintained its sales figures.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2011, 19:42   #138
BHPian

Thanks for these figures GTO.
I am happy Ritz is doing good (I own one). But was wondering what made Tata Safari sales shoot more than double over last two months?
Old 8th October 2011, 23:15   #139
BHPian

A bit confused here,You mention that according to the type media the Nano is doing well on the back of the discounts and I too read this somewhere but the list on page on of this thread doesn't reflect that figure,,why is this...( and please don't take this the wrong way not putting the blame on anyone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Read a news in today's ET that retail sales of Nano has picked up steam due to some discounts and offers. The Sept. sales figure stood at 9500+ which is very good. The report states that there is a 19k-24k discount across the range. Also there is a very low DP scheme. It seems TM has found a trick up its sleeve to entice buyers for its Nano.
Old 9th October 2011, 11:08   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoshdhondy View Post
A bit confused here,You mention that according to the type media the Nano is doing well on the back of the discounts and I too read this somewhere but the list on page on of this thread doesn't reflect that figure,,why is this...( and please don't take this the wrong way not putting the blame on anyone)
The figures that we have on this thread are the no.of cars dispatched by company to dealers. But the figures which i stated is the no.of cars sold by them. Dealers had huge stock for Nano already so company supply was less than total sales.
Old 9th October 2011, 13:24   #141
BHPian

Thanks for clearing the air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The figures that we have on this thread are the no.of cars dispatched by company to dealers. But the figures which i stated is the no.of cars sold by them. Dealers had huge stock for Nano already so company supply was less than total sales.
Old 9th October 2011, 20:01   #142
BHPian

Interesting figures for the Beat whose sales is mainly propelled by 3 cylinder diesel engine. Few more months has to pass to judge it better.

Other interesting factor is the sale of XUV500 it has sold 500+ in few days of the month.
Old 10th October 2011, 09:21   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereal View Post
Other interesting factor is the sale of XUV500 it has sold 500+ in few days of the month.
Its not exactly "sold" per se, its given to dealers as demo and display vehicles.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:47   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Its not exactly "sold" per se, its given to dealers as demo and display vehicles.
XUV is being sold only in 5 cities. Around 25 dealers.

So it should be stock + demo car + display vehicles.

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 10th October 2011 at 21:49.
Old 11th October 2011, 00:21   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
XUV is being sold only in 5 cities. Around 25 dealers.

So it should be stock + demo car + display vehicles.
A colleague recently booked an XUV W8 2WD. The waiting period has gone past 4 months now!! Mahindra will have to bring their manufacturing plants up to full steam ASAP to meet this demand. We may see a Fortuner-like "bookings on hold" period for it too, if this continues.

Happy that the Indigo/Manza and Indica/Vista sales are up, and spectacularly so. I would have entertained hopes that the Aria could reach Fortuner levels soon, but with the XUV, that might be very difficult. Then again people indifferent to the MUVish looks might still go for it.

Etios/Liva have a good month, but not as good as I would have expected with the new Diesel options and given the Toyota brand. I thought the Liva would be a 5+k per month seller easily. Will have to observe the numbers to see if they increase or remain static.
Old 11th October 2011, 09:49   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
We may see a Fortuner-like "bookings on hold" period for it too, if this continues.
Due to huge demand, the booking for the W8 AWD has been stopped.
Old 11th October 2011, 10:34   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thanks GTO , very insightful as always.

I have to agree and second KaranRaheja - i was expecting the jazz numbers to be in the few thousands - especially keeping in mind the kind of waiting periods that the dealers have been quoting i.e upto 5 months.

Clearly something amiss here - either the dealers are lying through their teeth to notch up some marks in terms of projecting demand , or Honda can only produce a grand total of 100 a month , the latter i highly doubt.
In Bangalore, the stated wait period for Jazz is 5-6 months. However, for a 'fee' of 25K, the same can be reduced to a week! So it doesn't really look like there is a problem with Honda's production.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:16   #148
Senior - BHPian

Thats news to me and i think many others here , have not read any other post suggesting that there is a possibility like this existing. Will try and check with some Delhi dealers , but if they were doing it i am surprised that they did not mention it to me outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepChat View Post
In Bangalore, the stated wait period for Jazz is 5-6 months. However, for a 'fee' of 25K, the same can be reduced to a week! So it doesn't really look like there is a problem with Honda's production.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:28   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Thats news to me and i think many others here , have not read any other post suggesting that there is a possibility like this existing. Will try and check with some Delhi dealers , but if they were doing it i am surprised that they did not mention it to me outright.
Maybe its not told outright....I have been following up with dealerships here for some time now for a new Jazz. Yesterday, through an acquaintance, I approached a high ranking official of a major dealership. Then I was told of this 'fee'. So it looks like there is some kind of artificial waiting period being built up.
Old 11th October 2011, 11:45   #150
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the heads up , will try and speak to the 2-3 dealerships who are in touch with me and if there is something like this running then will update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepChat View Post
Maybe its not told outright....I have been following up with dealerships here for some time now for a new Jazz. Yesterday, through an acquaintance, I approached a high ranking official of a major dealership. Then I was told of this 'fee'. So it looks like there is some kind of artificial waiting period being built up.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks