Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 20:03   #166
BHPian

Re: September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Its always been the A** that is Achilles's heal for FIAT. Neither of their cars was below par with competition at any given time. Uno and Palio was kind of ahead of their time. Punto and Linea was launched so late but these came with all the bells and whistles.

TATA network was used (???) to reach out to masses but unfortunately, so called "Smart" management people in FIAT never saw that TATA cars also compete in the same range as FIAT has or rather below than FIATs, and with the almost SAME features, that too under the same roof. Current state of FIAT is really due to their stupid management than the cars.

I hope a day would come in my FIAT ownership when FIAT would sell descent no of cars. FIAT cars really deserve good sales than the current state.

I totaly agree with you on these statements " Uno and Palio was kind of ahead of their time" and " FIAT cars really deserve good sales than the current state."
Old 18th October 2011, 20:48   #167
Senior - BHPian

Loving BMWs sales, looks like old or new models there is no stopping the behemoth that they have become and now imagine next year with the arrival of the new 3 they will shatter these numbers to the point of them being able to supply.

Best is I love the fact that most of their numbers come from the 5, proves that the best need not always be the cheapest, what's up with X1 is it finally slowling down in sales or again production issues?

Also can we get Mercedes and Audi individual numbers to compare? Would love to see where A6 stands and the new facelifted C?

Regards,
Old 18th October 2011, 21:00   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

A very late post by me here! But better late in October than November!
Despite all the hiccups at Manesar and Gurgaon the top three slots are occupied by the Alto, Wagon R and Swift. October may be a bad month for MSIL products as there is a multi-starrer, masala, high budget drama going on over there!
Tata's Indica-Vista entry at no. 4 beating the i 10 does not have anything to do with any sort of renewed interest in this car but for the petrol-diesel price differential. In fact the Swift and DZire have also showed improved sales figures owing to diesel variants being available.The Maruti Eeco too needs a diesel badly to generate more sales as a people's carrier.The A Star has sold 50 % less than in August.The SX4 sales at 196 units is unbelievable - Manesar effect!!
The Hyundai Eon will go places and very soon appear somewhere in the top three slots.
Mahindra has two slots in the Top 20 - the Bolero is unbeaten and continues to capture the market. Its dominance in the government sector also continues.The Scorpio has also appeared at # 19.This month, the Innova has sold better than the Scorpio. Most of the times the Innova reported better sales as compared to the Scorpio.There were exceptions at times however.The Verito has started selling decently.A few months ago its sales at 300 plus units were comparable to the HM Ambassador, but not any longer. The Xylo sales have plateaued at 2000 plus and the Xylo ain't going nowhere.
The Fiat Linea and the Punto must be given marching orders by Fiat India Auto Ltd out of Tata showrooms. Fiat appears to be totally disinterested in improving their sales here in India.
The Honda City manages to enter at # 20, thanks to the price corrections.The petrol price has devastated sales of many a make and model.The CRV needs to be given a decent burial.The Civic also appears to be facing a stiff competition. The Accord has outsold the Civic.The Brio is expected to do well for Honda.
Chevrolet has its Beat while Ford has its Figo at 14 and 15 respectively. They have diesel variants.
The Spark is nowhere to be seen in the Top 20. So is the Nano.Higher priced cars from these manufacturers feature in the top 20, while the cheapest models do not find many takers.The Chevrolet Aveo and Aveo UVA need to be rested as there are hardly any takers.
The Hyundai Verna Fluidic is a winner and as I had said is a worthy successor for the Accent. Hyundai has five slots in the Top 20 hence.The Santro is still very much in demand. The Accent demand is petering out.The older Verna was a lemon.The Sonata is'nt selling at all.In fact, the Sonata and the Chevrolet Cruze feature in the list of the Top 20 best sellers in the US of A.The Kizashi (14) has reported twice the sales of the Sonata (7)- worthy competitors. The Grand Vitara has sold ONE unit!
Nissan is making a serious foray and the results tell- both the Micra and the Sunny are well accepted.
Skoda appears to be content with its Fabia, Laura and Superb sales figures.The Yeti may soon end up as a lemon.Their new "C" segment foray needs to be watched.
Volkswagen and Toyota with the hatchback cars and "C" segment offerings are moving ahead steadily.The Toyota Fortuner continues to outsell its competitors.At 1074 units, its ahead of all its competitors.
Tata had a migraine with the Nano sales. The same migraine has been amplified with the Aria- they are unable to make these two offerings find takers.The Aria sells 560 units while the Fortuner with a higher price tag sells 1074 units.
Volvo has sold 29 cars in all, the best figures ever for the safe car maker since April. Last month they sold 14 units.
The petrol prices and costlier loans have played havoc with the September sales. The festival sales have begun. So are the new launches from Mahindra, Hyundai, Honda and Skoda. Lets watch as to how the sales figures move in October ?

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 18th October 2011 at 21:07.
Old 18th October 2011, 21:19   #169
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The older Verna was a lemon.
[snip]

The Yeti may soon end up as a lemon.
In what way was the older Verna a lemon?
And why do you think Yeti will become a lemon?
Old 18th October 2011, 22:40   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Its always been the A** that is Achilles's heal for FIAT. Neither of their cars was below par with competition at any given time. Uno and Palio was kind of ahead of their time. Punto and Linea was launched so late but these came with all the bells and whistles.

TATA network was used (???) to reach out to masses but unfortunately, so called "Smart" management people in FIAT never saw that TATA cars also compete in the same range as FIAT has or rather below than FIATs, and with the almost SAME features, that too under the same roof. Current state of FIAT is really due to their stupid management than the cars.

I hope a day would come in my FIAT ownership when FIAT would sell descent no of cars. FIAT cars really deserve good sales than the current state.
ameen. i hope what you said comes true soon. In linea and punto, they have 2 of the best looking cars that handle and ride well and come with many bells and whistles. I dont know what more they need to sell?? A decent enough A$$ only
Old 21st October 2011, 10:54   #171
BHPian

Hope to see the nano sales bound northwards in bangalore, thanks to the campaign being aired on Radio channels. They have been advertising on the strengths of the vehicle i.e. leg space, mileage, and a superb offer of 15 k downpayment and rest in EMI's, not sure for which variant though..
Old 25th October 2011, 15:18   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

"Biharis went for big buys in a really big way on Monday, snapping up over 1765 cars and 9100 bikes across the state. Car major Maruti Suzuki took the lead selling 750 cars, while Tata Motors and Mahindra Motors sold 350 and 500 cars respectively."

Bihar buys 1800 cars, 9100 bikes - The Times of India
Old 1st November 2011, 10:41   #173
Senior - BHPian

The October sales numbers have started flowing in & India's flagship auto company Maruti Suzuki is sinking down further. (Below figures courtesy CNBC TV18)

35% dip in sales month on month basis @ 55595 units vs 85565 (in Sep 2011)
53% dip in sales year-on-year @ 55595 units vs 118K (in Oct 2010)
40K units worth of production lost due to strike in Oct 2011.

I believe this would have been one of the worst ever monthly sales in the history of Maruti Suzuki.
Old 1st November 2011, 11:55   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The October sales numbers have started flowing in & India's flagship auto company Maruti Suzuki is sinking down further. (Below figures courtesy CNBC TV18)

35% dip in sales month on month basis @ 55595 units vs 85565 (in Sep 2011)
53% dip in sales year-on-year @ 55595 units vs 118K (in Oct 2010)
40K units worth of production lost due to strike in Oct 2011.

I believe this would have been one of the worst ever monthly sales in the history of Maruti Suzuki.
This 55K number is still the total number including the Exports. Maruti's Domestic sales stands at 41192 against last years sales of 91754 a drop of 55%.

Read it here. Maruti posts 53% fall in October sales on labour unrest - NDTV Profit
Really disastrous October 2011 domestic sales.Oh Unions!!!!!

Waiting to see whether Hyundai has surpassed Maruti's Sales for the very first time in the history!!!!

Last edited by anu21v : 1st November 2011 at 11:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks