Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2011, 08:31   #106
BHPian

Re: September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

GTO, As usual excellent coverage. Very apt way of showing the Sales numbers, with the past few months, this helps give a clear picture.

voted well deserved 5*

FIAT :- Will not be able to recover now, I think the general pubic have lost total fate in FIAT. its just the Auto Enthusiastic that even consider a FIAT.

TATA Aria :- Hope the number go up further, its a good product no doubt. I think the Word of Mouth of current Aria Owners and also the lower variant has help increase in the numbers.

M&M :- Company with the Golden Spoon. Everything they touch turns GOLD. Even XLYO sells very well.

Hyundai :- The only company who look to have the strength and the product range to take the fight to MSIL.

Honda :- What are they doing with JAZZ, its a the only car with the current price revision capable to take the fight to Swift. Brio will surely add Market volume to Honda.

Toyota :- finally have done something wrong. Etios & Liva done feel, nor ride, nor give the Security associated with a Toyota. Expect the number to go down soon.

@ swiftnfurious: -Nice charts, Good Job.
Hey but i feel the venture must have either been in the MUV segment or the People Mover segment.

Seeing the sales numbers, it seems the customers are also confused the same ways hence the low numbers for a very good People Mover.

Last edited by rajchetan : 5th October 2011 at 08:32.
Old 5th October 2011, 08:49   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Alto told "let's go"..Eon seems to be telling "you go, I'll take your place"

On another note, "hard-to-believe" figures for fiat...
...these days I see so many new puntos and lineas on road here in Bangalore.

@GTO, is there any sales data available so that the numbers can be split based on the cities.
something like Tier I, tier II, and other cities

I have a strong feeling that fiat is selling well only in Tier I and to some extent in Tier II cities
The A.S.S factor is affecting them badly only in small cities is what I feel.
Old 5th October 2011, 08:54   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
I wouldn't say that. We had gone to magnum honda a month or so ago to check out Jazz. Later, we received couple of calls from the sales rep, asking about it. I mentioned the long waiting period and lack of new Jazz vehicle for TD. His replies were "we will definitely deliver the car within the six months" and "car is same sir, you can TD on old one itself".

So based on the fact that sales rep called me back couple of times i wouldn't say there is lack of interest. Don't know if it's a good metric, maybe for someone checking out City they will get back more calls

But yeah, i also feel interest levels will decline very soon, since they also know people will not wait for so long, and so they will push for City.
when i wanted to book a Jazz, i checked with Magnum and Dakshin, when i visited their showrooms the sales reps did a thorough job in trying to sell the car, there have been plenty of followup cars. So, i can't say that they lack interest in selling Jazzes.

however i cant understand why Citys are available and not Jazzes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I am surprised Jazz is still doing these numbers. After seeing the interest developed in Jazz on this forum after the price cuts, I thought Jazz would easily do 1.5k-2k figures. I was also thinking of possible reasons. One reason might be that Honda has not publicised this thing. I remember seeing City ads on television but not a single Jazz ad. One more reason might be people are finding its design too weird. I find Jazz's design to be very ugly. I know looks are subjective but then if design can be a barrier in Ritz's sales then why not Jazz. Honda might want to give Brio more importance than Jazz as it is the one which shall give them volumes. Also I think Jazz slightly overlaps City price wise (I might be wrong here). People might say why not put some more money and get the City. Just my 2 cents

If there is a genuine Supply problem, it might explain Honda not marketing Jazz. I have read that many dealerships have stopped taking bookings cause the number of outstanding bookings would take six months to deliver.

Last edited by v12 : 6th October 2011 at 10:28.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:13   #109
BHPian

GTO, could not agree more with you on Renault. The appear to have the most confused strategy of all the manufacturers. Since they broke off with Mahindra they seem to be making desperate attempts to distance themselves from a percieved "taxi" brand and they are not doing a good job of it.

Hyundai seems to be the manufacturer on the move, great value for money and it shows on how they are garnering market share.

Ford has been disappointing, great products but they seem to be going the (erstwhile) Honda way in overvaluing their brand.
Old 5th October 2011, 10:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

I did not think of that , very valid point , given that its the same engine maybe they are focusing development on the Brio right now an ensure that this car does not have a waiting period , or a long one atleast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Either Honda is prioritizing the Brio over the Jazz or there are not enough margins on the Jazz or both!
Old 5th October 2011, 10:31   #111
BHPian

Elections coming up in Uttar Pradesh, showing in the sales of Bolero!
evilshantanu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 10:35   #112
Senior - BHPian

^^ OT: New Bolero/Scorp owners, please take care of your cars or u would see them in "UP-coming" elections!
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 10:39   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post

Toyota :- finally have done something wrong. Etios & Liva done feel, nor ride, nor give the Security associated with a Toyota. Expect the number to go down soon.

Reinforces that one should not buy a new car model the moment it comes out...better to wait a few months and find out how it actually performs on the road in real-life situations!

I know several people who booked the Etios without even bothering to take a test drive. Majority of them feel a bit let down, perhaps they had/have over-optimistic expectations of the car, just because it's a Toyota. Certainly suggests that Toyota has taken a major risk on it's brand image though...
Old 5th October 2011, 11:06   #114
Team-BHP Support

Re: Charts Continued...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Premium Hatchbacks:
Why is Swift/ Punto listed in B+ segment, while Micra, Polo and Fabia are in the premium hatchback segment?

Swift range starts from 4.22L to 6.38L.
Punto range starts from 4.31 to 6.84L.

Micra range starts from 4.1 to 6.17L.
Fabia range starts from 4.35L to 6.69L.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th October 2011 at 11:11.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 12:28   #115
Senior - BHPian

Saw a small article tucked away in the inner pages of Deccan Chronicle about Honda facing parts supply issues due to its supplier still not recovering from the quake in Japan. This might explain the delay in delivering Jazz - otherwise the price-cut has made the car quite attractive and I don't see a reason why the Sep numbers don't reflect it.

I just went through the numbers for some of the main maufacturers (MSIL, HMIL, Honda, Chevy etc) and one trend is that the sales of petrol cars is steadily declining. Those that have diesel variants are either steady or not facing much decline.

BTW, all 3 podium finishes for Suzuki.
Old 5th October 2011, 14:44   #116
BHPian

Does anyone have the data on the number Alto K10s sold of the 21k odd Altos sold? Would love to know whether the new K10 is the highest selling car around..
Old 5th October 2011, 15:56   #117
BHPian

I would like to meet the 91 people who bought Koleos and find out why! IMO, it is so overpriced I was not even anticipating double digit sales.
Aria seems to have improved after the 4 X 2 version. They would see higher sales if they slash their prices and do something with the third row. Let's see if they can touch the 5 oh oh mark in Oct!
cediafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:09   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
That makes me wonder why did Honda reduce the price of the Jazz? Earlier, they were selling 200-300 odd. Now, they are selling 500-600. What is the big difference??
I agree these are supply side problems, more so with the Brio launch. I would have guessed the Jazz price drop would have been to fit in the City price drop/ discounts!

Perhaps they have some strategy up their sleeve especially with the revamped City/ Civic launches. I am actually hoping they manage to plonk a diesel mill in their lineup; dont see them doing much business if petrol goes up to 100 bucks, and diesel stays in the 50s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
Guys Spares not available is not *** problem, its the Manufacturing companies problem. They are not strong enough to push *** to Stocks Minimum Quantity of Spares (MQS). OR they are not able to hold MQS in centralised locations.
Or that the part qualities are so bad that they are always in demand, hence short in supply! Either way, it doesnt look good on them.

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th October 2011 at 16:21.
Old 5th October 2011, 18:31   #119
BHPian

I think one of the most important quality of a car a lot of people often ignore while making a buying decision is handling. As part of the point I want to make, I do not wish to compare cars - thats part of each one's decision making process. The point is that a car that handles well always has an advantage when it comes to the average speeds it can maintain - I think thats what opendro meant.

The other greatest advantage I see is the far lesser heart aches one has to go through while tackling corners, suddenly appearing traffic, people jumping to the middle of the road, driving in the rains, etc. Over the same distance, over the same route, with the same speed, if you travel in two cars, one that handles much better than the other, I can guarantee that the one that handles better will make you significantly less tired.

Sorry for OT!!!
Old 5th October 2011, 19:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

Ok, Merc sold 745 cars in September and Audi sold 555 cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks