Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 10:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- 9,411 units re-enforce the Dzire's position as India's favourite sedan.

- Party time for the Indica & Vista with September ending in 5 digits. Even the Indigo & Manza have had a great month @ 7,793 cars.

@GTO - Thank you for the detailed analysis.

- I always find it intriguing to see Dzire selling such huge numbers. I guess i am the only one who does not like the design. No offence to existing owners. Its a personal choice.

- Should we not have the Indica and Vista figures listed separately now? Even Tata is trying to disassociate Vista from the Indica brand with the refresh launch. I think T-BHP should also follow suit.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:51   #62
BHPian

Three notable things here:
(1) EON is going to be priced aggressively..period. With Hyundai pushing out so many units a month before its launch is an indicator that HMIL knows the Indian Car market and they definitely have a winner in their hands

(2) Fiat is dying a slow and painful death in the hands of TATA. I hoped to see Fiat succeed in the Indian market, which might have paved the way to the Abarth at some point down the line, but that is not going to happen anytime soon.

(3) Honda never seems to get it right in the Indian market anyways. First overpriced cars, then no diesel options for a long time, then drastic price corrections and then to top it all, now it seems like supply side limitations for Jazz.
Old 4th October 2011, 10:53   #63
BHPian

Optra Magnum

Was surprised to see Optra Magnum doubling its sales from the previous month. Was there any lucrative promotional offer? 'cause I don't think there was any extra marketing push from Chevrolet (When was the last time you saw an ad for Optra).
Old 4th October 2011, 11:14   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent analysis as always. This remains my favourite recurring thread on T-BHP!

Vento "catching up" with Honda City is interesting- the effect of the price cut however positive will not be a long term factor. Jazz coming nowhere CLOSE to the Swift despite some excitement generated due to price revision is something I had predicted.

Was surprised to see the Brio and Eon in the list: have really been out of touch with the entry hatch market

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
- I always find it intriguing to see Dzire selling such huge numbers. I guess i am the only one who does not like the design. No offence to existing owners. Its a personal choice.
Ditto. It has a good engine and nice enough interiors, so I guess the Maruti badge does the rest. My neighbour has one and once inside, it's nt bad at all. Getting over how it looks is the important part!
Quote:
- Should we not have the Indica and Vista figures listed separately now? Even Tata is trying to disassociate Vista from the Indica brand with the refresh launch. I think T-BHP should also follow suit.
Agreed, but I don't think Tata themselves report these figures independently. This request has been made before.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:24   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Was surprised to see the Brio and Eon in the list: have really been out of touch with the entry hatch market
Ditto, Noop. I didnt even know that the Eon was launched!
Old 4th October 2011, 11:30   #66
BHPian

Honda seem to be deliberately throttling down Jazz production. I had some spare time yesterday, and had dropped by at the Honda showroom --I was shocked to hear that they :
a) Did not have even a single Display/ Test Drive Jazz
b) Could "arrange a TD Jazz" in 2 weeks if I booked a TD now
c) Bookings made now would be delivered in 4-5 months-dealers guesstimate, no idea on accuracy.
But what was very clear was that the dealer has absolutely no interest in selling the Jazz. The dealer was trying to push me to the City, maybe that is the official Honda strategy--create interest and footfalls for Jazz, then with the horrendous waiting period, convert to City. This is just shameful on Hondas part.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:46   #67
BHPian

With respect to Ford Fiestas, it clearly shows that potential customers were waiting for the new version launch in the 1st Quarter.
But after its launch, due to various reasons, it appears that it failed to attract multiple segments of people. And thereby potential Fiesta lovers are going back to Fiesta Classic, and so its gradual sales increase.

It would be interesting to watch how both versions of Fiestas are settling in this cut throught competitive segment.

-JK
Old 4th October 2011, 11:49   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
It's unfortunate to see Fiat's receding numbers, but it's their own doing. Make no mistake, I am a Punto owner myself and I can see why such a situation arises. For instance, I have been really struggling for the central locking accessory for GP active since the past 5 months. Neither is the dealer able to source it for me from Fiat India nor am I allowed to get it installed from the aftermarket due to warranty restrictions, and I am not the only one there are many like me who are going through similar fate.
You hit the nails at its head,fiat need to do some serious rejig or else even Italian connections wont help.I also own active and now I am reconciled to fact that i my punto active mjd has to live without central locking .
Still I am great fan of fiat and still buy it if i have to.
There is news that fiat is going to start its own shop soon
regards
Praveen singh
Old 4th October 2011, 11:52   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
SX4 seems to dying, maybe the strike effect ?
I don't think its due the strike effect alone. I think its because of the niggling issues such as rattling at speeds over 100Kmph, issues with airbags opening up and other tech issues it must be heading towards slow death. Sad that Maruti have covered all this up by providing interiors and interior e-features.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:54   #70
Senior - BHPian

If that is the strategy then i dont understand it one bit. The Jazz is a gem of a car especially at the new prices. If i cant make up my mind by the time Diwali comes between the Honda City and the Hyundai Verna then this is the car i would pick up without any second thoughts , but the waiting time is just killing.

Between the renewed interest in both the city as well as the jazz , Honda should optimise their supply chain as much as they can to get numbers rolling for themselves , to depend only on the city , or focus only on that car is not very bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Honda seem to be deliberately throttling down Jazz production. I had some spare time yesterday, and had dropped by at the Honda showroom --I was shocked to hear that they :
a) Did not have even a single Display/ Test Drive Jazz
b) Could "arrange a TD Jazz" in 2 weeks if I booked a TD now
c) Bookings made now would be delivered in 4-5 months-dealers guesstimate, no idea on accuracy.
But what was very clear was that the dealer has absolutely no interest in selling the Jazz. The dealer was trying to push me to the City, maybe that is the official Honda strategy--create interest and footfalls for Jazz, then with the horrendous waiting period, convert to City. This is just shameful on Hondas part.

Last edited by GTO : 6th October 2011 at 17:57. Reason: STRICTLY no acronyms to be used for cars, as per the recent mass PM
Old 4th October 2011, 11:56   #71
Senior - BHPian

A 1000 unit increase for the Safari over the previous month! Good to see it doing the sort of numbers that it deserves. Just wondering, are these numbers due to the delayed Merlin launch?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th October 2011, 12:01   #72
Senior - BHPian

Why are the figures of the Indigo and the Manza clubbed togather ? Don't they belong to different segments ? Entry for the Indigo and Premium for the Manza ?

As for the Jetta outselling it's Skoda sibling, maybe the VW guys mistook the Vento as the Jetta !

Hyundai is turning out to be the star performer ! i20 and the Verna going hammer and tongs and the Eon waiting to be unleashed ! Boy MUL should have it very tough in October !

FIAT is well FIAT !

Honda cuts the City prices, clears stocks and launches the face lift - I am waiting to see at what price point does the face lifted City slot in ! If they now charge a hefty premium over the discounted prices of the City selling now - Honda is in trouble.

BTW - someone mentioned that the Jazz' production has been cut down to cater to the Breeo' - doesn't reflect in the sales figures.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:22   #73
BHPian

The fortunes have changes at Hyundai! If you were to believe that Eon would eat into i10's sales, you are proved wrong. Eon+ i10 + i20 and you are looking at figures of about 20-25 thousand units a month. Kudos to them, for catching competitors sleeping.

Chevy Beat for the first time ever, going above Figo, however i won't read too much in it.

Fiat are going down the barrel everyday.

OT: IF you wanted to buy a hatchback, you will need a week at least to test drive all the cars.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:23   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Bad market conditions? Someone forgot to tell that to the Mahindra Bolero that posts its best month ever of 2011. Nearly 10,000 units sold, rural India must still be on a post-monsoon roll.
Actually it is urban India's contribution! Now Bolero is BSIV. This upgrade has opened doors of urban India. Below equation seems realty in coming months.

6500(Rural) + 1500(Urban) = 8000(Total)

ModGods,
Two requests:
1. Offlate I'm observing that few people are not aware about difference between actual sales figure & dispatches. There are many such posts on September sales thread only. For example:
Mahindra sold 500 odd XUV500 in 3 days!
How come Hyundai sale 7K EON without launching?
I think a small note in first post indicating that these are showroom dispatches will lead us in creating more meaningful discussions on thread.

2. Current tabular format of sales figure is easy to read & excellent. Rated 5 starts. The problem with GPRS users is pain in downloading tabular images. Can we have plain text also for light(!) users?
Old 4th October 2011, 12:26   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
GTO,

7k + EON in Sept sales chart is a surprise.

Is the whole sales chart based on primary sales ?

Secondary sales would show the actual picture but manufacturers mostly follow the primary sales as the secondary sales is unpredictable in our diverse country. Like last week of Sept there was hardly any sale in north india due to "Shradh".
The Shradh month is called "pitru paksha" and carries the same following in the south too. So People have booked cars, but want is delivered in Dussera I guess.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks