Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Actually, Ritz did not. It sold max in July
Thank you! Fixed it!
Old 4th October 2011, 17:04   #92
BHPian

Re: September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

Thanks for the much awaited report.
The i20 figures went up marginally because I bought one in Sept !!!

However, what I can't get is considering the ongoing strike that MSIL had in their assembly lines from where were the 11K odd swifts & other lots distributed ?

@GTO is there a way to include comparison between overall diesel vs petrol car demand in the charts ? Also, can you sort the list in a descending order for the month showing the topmost selling car in the month first.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:09   #93
BHPian

GTO,
I do not see figures for mitsubishi?
Old 4th October 2011, 17:18   #94
BHPian

Ritz at 6700, Consistent at 6.5k plus for about 3-4 months now, just says a fact, its not dependent on swift sales, it has its own set of customers who prefer the practical B segment car.

Last 2 months swift sales were nowhere close to normal, thus people assumed Ritz is selling 7k because of the poor swift sales, this month swift touched 11k, and the ritz is still consistent at 6.7k, waiting period of about 60days is still there on the ritz diesel atleast in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpatankar View Post
Honda seem to be deliberately throttling down Jazz production. I had some spare time yesterday, and had dropped by at the Honda showroom --I was shocked to hear that they :
a) Did not have even a single Display/ Test Drive Jazz
b) Could "arrange a TD Jazz" in 2 weeks if I booked a TD now
c) Bookings made now would be delivered in 4-5 months-dealers guesstimate, no idea on accuracy.
But what was very clear was that the dealer has absolutely no interest in selling the Jazz. The dealer was trying to push me to the City, maybe that is the official Honda strategy--create interest and footfalls for Jazz, then with the horrendous waiting period, convert to City. This is just shameful on Hondas part.
Your right, also this could be a move to clear Jazz stock and shut down Jazz production soon if it is not profitable to sell at these prices. Temporary interest created in the market.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th October 2011 at 14:37. Reason: merging posts. Please edit existing post if posting with 30mins.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:34   #95
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The SX4 numbers definitely point to deprioritisation / impact of labour problems. There is no way that this car would sell at sub 500 levels under normal circumstances.

Its a Maruti, and has a diesel heart now. Checks most boxes as far as a normal car buyer is concerned. Lets wait for a couple of months before writing it off.
Not to forget that it also has an automatic option and is the cheapest AT in that segment. Ofcourse the tranny itself is nothing to talk about but with the Maruti badge, decent interior features like ACC etc, comfortable seats and excellent ground clearance (180 mm - that's 10 more than the corresponding manual SX4) its a good option for loyal Maruti customers. Now last month when I inquired about delivery timeline, I was told 1-2 months plus an additional month if I wanted an AT in colour of my choice. I felt that was a deliberate attempt to show off a waiting period for a car not in demand.

SX4 seems to be getting step-motherly treatment and the production line diverted to Swift/Dzire to keep up with their high demand.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:34   #96
Senior - BHPian

i hope not and i doubt it as well , so much noise to re-launch a model only to clear inventories seems a bit un-real to me. The Jazz is a key model for Honda globally and making it work in India will do wonders for the manufacturer.

Maybe dealer margins are less on the jazz and hence the resistance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
Your right, also this could be a move to clear Jazz stock and shut down Jazz production soon if it is not profitable to sell at these prices. Temporary interest created in the market.
Old 4th October 2011, 19:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

The new Fiesta is yet to touch the 4 figure mark in a single month after launch. Not good news for a new car. The Verna on the other hand does 4000+ units consistently. Time for a quick correction then?
Old 4th October 2011, 19:34   #98
BHPian

Disappointed to see Jazz numbers, thought the price cut would bring this great car to popularity. Guess high time Honda comes up with a diesel engine to protect its place.

As always, great job GTO !

Cheers...venks
Old 4th October 2011, 20:15   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
i hope not and i doubt it as well , so much noise to re-launch a model only to clear inventories seems a bit un-real to me. The Jazz is a key model for Honda globally and making it work in India will do wonders for the manufacturer.

May be dealer margin is low too that also could be a reason.

Remember what happened with the palio, it was a nice car, they dropped off the price did a facelift of the car, gave more discounts and 1 year down the lane when all parts and inventory was cleared even though the car was selling decent numbers they created a shortage of supply and one fine day suddenly news came out, its gone forever!!!

This could be the case with the Jazz and all the stories of the 5 month waiting period and the small facelift. Though not even 1% of the people will agree to this i am sure, but i wont be suprised to see the Jazz faceout within a year from now. (Honda thinks consumers are fools to believe the fact that 1.62 lakhs can be reduced by just localizing a few parts in india?? they have been looting customers by calling it as "premium" and now they again trying a trick of playing with the waiting period to give a royal farewell to the car, a trick that fiat has done earlier and proved it to be a total flop.)
Old 4th October 2011, 21:35   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post

This could be the case with the Jazz and all the stories of the 5 month waiting period and the small facelift. Though not even 1% of the people will agree to this i am sure, but i wont be suprised to see the Jazz faceout within a year from now.
This is a possibility and scary, hoping it doesn't happen. Am keen on picking up a Jazz, but the low sales and long waiting periods are worrying. I don't want to be in trouble getting spares after a few years. Yes, Jazz is supposed to share parts with Brio/City, but we don't know what part would need to be replaced, and if those parts are shared or unique to Jazz (and so, could be problematic).

I do not understand the low production due to tsunami argument - when Honda is able to produce 4K City a month, why can they not produce more Jazz ? As others have pointed out, they seem to be pushing City hard, including keeping it's waiting periods low, while it keeps zooming for Jazz

All this is worrisome and food for thought for both current and potential Jazz customers. Planning to wait-and-watch for a couple of months for now. Really hoping things move in the right direction.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:06   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post

I am not sure if the Jazz is a key model for Honda in India atleast.. the dealerships I have called.. I start by asking about the Jazz and the ladies who answer the phone themselves ask me to consider the City and now they try and push the Brio.. "Brio delivery by November sir, Jazz has a 4 month waiting period. Same engine as Jazz".

And when speaking to the sales reps also there is definitely a lack of interest in pushing the Jazz which is in stark contrast to his/her tone when they start talking about the Brio. And one sales rep even told me that production of the Jazz has been stopped temporarily. Either Honda is prioritizing the Brio over the Jazz or there are not enough margins on the Jazz or both!

Would be interesting to hear if other t-bhpians have also faced this general lack of interest in pushing the Jazz.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:16   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Would be interesting to hear if other t-bhpians have also faced this general lack of interest in pushing the Jazz.
I wouldn't say that. We had gone to magnum honda a month or so ago to check out Jazz. Later, we received couple of calls from the sales rep, asking about it. I mentioned the long waiting period and lack of new Jazz vehicle for TD. His replies were "we will definitely deliver the car within the six months" and "car is same sir, you can TD on old one itself".

So based on the fact that sales rep called me back couple of times i wouldn't say there is lack of interest. Don't know if it's a good metric, maybe for someone checking out City they will get back more calls

But yeah, i also feel interest levels will decline very soon, since they also know people will not wait for so long, and so they will push for City.
Old 4th October 2011, 22:42   #103
BHPian

I am surprised Jazz is still doing these numbers. After seeing the interest developed in Jazz on this forum after the price cuts, I thought Jazz would easily do 1.5k-2k figures. I was also thinking of possible reasons. One reason might be that Honda has not publicised this thing. I remember seeing City ads on television but not a single Jazz ad. One more reason might be people are finding its design too weird. I find Jazz's design to be very ugly. I know looks are subjective but then if design can be a barrier in Ritz's sales then why not Jazz. Honda might want to give Brio more importance than Jazz as it is the one which shall give them volumes. Also I think Jazz slightly overlaps City price wise (I might be wrong here). People might say why not put some more money and get the City. Just my 2 cents
Old 5th October 2011, 01:07   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Comparo Charts !

Comparo Charts !

Time for the charts !

Low cost people mover:

September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis-a_seg.jpg

B Segment:

September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis-b_seg.jpg

B+ Segment:

September 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis-b_seg.jpg

Entry level sedan segment: