Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2011, 19:35   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
By simple white do you mean "Pearl White". If yes, then yes it is available. Might not be available off the counter.

If you are referring to milky white, then it should be available on order.
I was looking for Arctic white. Seems GX doesn't have it.

Does pearl white have any advantages from durability, cleanability point of view? They are charging 5k extra for it. They claimed that the color is more durable and can be cleaned easily.

I did not like the dual colors much. Wanted white and seems pearl white is the only option now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Mayuresh, which dealer are talking to in Pune and whats the deal you are getting?
I am talking to National.

I am yet to get exact quote. There is a general discount of 30k.

A rough quote they gave was 12.20 OTR (with discount not yet considered).

Besides normal tax additions to ex-showroom, there was some funny heading called "logistic charges" for 5500/-. Has anyone paid this?

The insurance was something around 30k+. How much would that come out to be if I buy from outside?

The prices rise of 18k is somewhat offset by the discount, but overall gain is not much since the taxes are computed on ex-showroom. Too bad. Why don't they compute taxes post discount, or why don't they reduce ex-showroom on paper. In Pune city, it's worse since the moment ex-showroom crosses 10L, there is 4% VAT straightaway.

Last month, someone has posted getting free insurance and several other goodies. Has anyone got free insurance etc. in December?

How much discount can one expect in the bargain? I am going for final negotiation and booking tomorrow. Any inputs from fellow BHPians will help.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th December 2011 at 00:27. Reason: Please read the note in your post carefully, thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 20:36   #77
BHPian

Re: Safari price cut? 4x4 back in all variants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post

Besides normal tax additions to ex-showroom, there was some funny heading called "logistic charges" for 5500/-. Has anyone paid this?

The insurance was something around 30k+. How much would that come out to be if I buy from outside?

The prices rise of 18k is somewhat offset by the discount, but overall gain is not much since the taxes are computed on ex-showroom. Too bad. Why don't they compute taxes post discount, or why don't they reduce ex-showroom on paper. In Pune city, it's worse since the moment ex-showroom crosses 10L, there is 4% VAT straightaway.
Mayuresh, Consider yourself lucky that you are NOT in Bangalore The State tax is even ridiculous and I believe, KA leads in that aspect.
12.2 OTR for GX is almost a lakh [or more] less than what we would have to pay in Bangalore as of today !!!

On the insurance front, if you have a car that you want to sell or exchange, you can possibly transfer the NCB to this. Yes, its possible and you may have to get the insurance from outside as most of the showroom guys are just lethargic to take that pain. The best and easiest way would be to continue with your previous car's insurance company.

On the colour front - Pearl White is a fast moving & trade mark colour of Safari. Apart from that, I dont see a reason why it has to priced more. My suggestion would be to avoid Pearl White and choose something else to stand-out with the other Safari crowd. My choice is my colour - Cycus Grey [Bluish grey].

Good luck and hope to see your Safari thread soon here.
Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 13th December 2011 at 20:38.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 11:49   #78
BHPian

I agree there, Pearl White should be easy to clean & maintain. I haven't seen a Pearl White Safari that is dirty; but my black one gets dirty & dusty in a day.
But yes, as KaviPrem says, most of the crowd goes with Pearl White. Popular Choice!

Do go for insurance outside the dealer, you'll save a few thousands.

Looking forward to your Safari ownership thread soon!

Quote:
I was looking for Arctic white. Seems GX doesn't have it.

Does pearl white have any advantages from durability, cleanability point of view? They are charging 5k extra for it. They claimed that the color is more durable and can be cleaned easily.

I did not like the dual colors much. Wanted white and seems pearl white is the only option now.

]
Old 15th December 2011, 17:43   #79
BHPian

Thanks verditer and kaviprem. I have booked Tata Safari GX Pearl White for OTR of around 11.83L. Expect a delivery before Christmas.

I'll start my thread. As per new forum guidelines I'll have to put it in assembly line and open after putting in a few kilometers of ownership.

Will do so certainly.
Old 15th December 2011, 18:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks verditer and kaviprem. I have booked Tata Safari GX Pearl White for OTR of around 11.83L. Expect a delivery before Christmas.

I'll start my thread. As per new forum guidelines I'll have to put it in assembly line and open after putting in a few kilometers of ownership.

Will do so certainly.
Congratulations Mayuresh!!! but how come 11.83L? Didn't you get any discounts? With which dealer you booked it in Pune?
throttleking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 18:37   #81
BHPian

Quote:

Will do so certainly.
Advanced Congratulations Mayuresh !!! Good luck on your waiting time, well, not much actually since you are closer to the plant

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 20:16   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Mayuresh!!! but how come 11.83L? Didn't you get any discounts? With which dealer you booked it in Pune?
Sorry, I added accessories to that. OTR was 11.67L at National. Should be ok?
Old 15th December 2011, 20:43   #83
BHPian

Congratulations Mayuresh!! looking for your ownership review. I am sure you will have a great new year with the new member in your family.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 21:03   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Mayuresh!!!! Wishing you happy miles ahead and trouble free drives
naman07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 11:45   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I added accessories to that. OTR was 11.67L at National. Should be ok?
Where is National, i knew that there are only 2 TATA dealers in pune Millennium Mobility and Pandit. 11.67L still looks on higher side, did you also take extended warranty? I hope its a Individual registration. Pune or PCMC registration?
Old 16th December 2011, 12:11   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Where is National, 11.67L still looks on higher side, did you also take extended warranty? I hope its a Individual registration. Pune or PCMC registration?
National is at Hadapsar.

Extended warranty of 7k included.

I have taken insurance from dealer itself (some 35+k) - partly because of laziness/lack of time to move around and find alternatives, partly to help the bargain.

The price is in PMC area (individual) with heavy octroi rates, with official ex-showroom with octori being some 10.83.

RTO charges too are at a higher rate for 10+ vehicle and they are computed on "with octroi" price.

Total discount is little over 50k.

Last edited by mayuresh : 16th December 2011 at 12:12.
Old 21st December 2011, 13:54   #87
BHPian

Finally after a month of booking my safari got an update from dealer today that the car has been dispatched from Pune yesterday. Also, have received the VIN.

Hopefully the car will be delivered to me by the month end
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:10   #88
BHPian

Here is the deal I am getting from Millennium Mobility. Safari LX Variant, on road price 8.57 with extended warranty + 22k for body cladding paint and Fog lamps. on this I am getting 50k cash discount. Plus the goodies that includes (Keyless entry, mudflap + matting, 3m paint protection)
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:23   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Here is the deal I am getting from Millennium Mobility. Safari LX Variant, on road price 8.57 with extended warranty + 22k for body cladding paint and Fog lamps. on this I am getting 50k cash discount. Plus the goodies that includes (Keyless entry, mudflap + matting, 3m paint protection)
Slightly confused with the "on this I am getting 50k"

So what is your exact OTR without the fogs and cladding painting.

This is looking so tempting. Btw what is your road tax percentage.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:58   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Slightly confused with the "on this I am getting 50k"

So what is your exact OTR without the fogs and cladding painting.

This is looking so tempting. Btw what is your road tax percentage.
Imran, my exact on road price with extended warranty and without cladding paint and fog lamps is 8.07 L. And road tax is coming to around 7% approximately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks