Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2011, 16:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Safari price cut? 4x4 back in all variants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
checked again with them this the latest price list they have. he still claims the 4x4 is only in vx model
If you are very particular about EX 4x4, I recommend that you drop an e-mail to TML customer care (customercare@tatamotors.com).
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 08:48   #47
BHPian

Today 4x4 has officially disappeared from their portal for all but top model again, after being there for a month. (It was appearing in the list for other variants in last month. Prior to that also it wasn't there.)
Old 8th November 2011, 15:14   #48
BHPian

+1 to Anuj. Here is my thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rtz-black.html

12 days short of 1 year, and she is little past 34000 kms on the ODO today.
Nothing to report, just regular servicing so far.

Each day, each kilometer is a pleasure with her. Old design? Yes. Tired? No.
She is something with character. She needs to be driven to be understood, appreciated.
And as said, she is a heart buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Here is mine. 2010 September model. Till now my ownership is totally trouble free and enjoying every bit of it.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ycus-grey.html

There is one more ownership thread of verditer also going on. Infact, most of the 2010 Safari owners are happy bunch of lot and nothing more here to report than usual servicing.

+1 to that. There are nothing major to report or troubles to report than routine things. That is why most of our Safari's ownership review are far away from bling factor.

I am planning again 5000 Kms long trip at the end of this month. In the month of August, I did 3600 Kms long trip and could not resist more doing more trips with my Safari.
Old 30th November 2011, 19:47   #49
BHPian

Today I had received a call from a dealer with whom I had taken a Safari TD before.

He said the prices of Safari are going to go upwards very soon (due to increased material costs etc.) So if we want to buy we might want to hurry up. He also said, there is a general possibility of higher tax on diesel vehicles.

Sales pitch apart. I think both input costs increasing and demand to tax diesel SUVs more are a reality.

When I told him we'd prefer to wait for new Safari (aka Merlin), he apparently did not know what it is and started asking who told you about it and all. On telling him about web search etc he said he'll check with his seniors and get back. But he said there is at least no preparation for a launch happening at their end which should begin at least 1 month before the launch.

Am really in two minds about wait vs book current version now - not so much due to price rise fear, but due to no clarity on Merlin.
Old 30th November 2011, 22:58   #50
BHPian

When I talked to a SE in Bangalore, at least he accepted a new Safari is on the way. I asked him when, he said January. He also said it was initially planned for September, then it got postponed to December and now it is January. So, he was asking me to consider the old Safari then itself, as the arrival of new Safari is unknown.
Old 1st December 2011, 00:36   #51
BHPian

Even I heard the same thing here in Noida that the price of Safari is going to be revised in December.

No news from dealer or tata person about the release of new Safari.

After delaying my decision for over 3 months in the wait of Merlin, I have finally decided to take the plunge. With Merlin being a new product, I don't want to be a test mule. Better to stick with a known devil then an unknown one
Old 1st December 2011, 11:43   #52
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
He said the prices of Safari are going to go upwards very soon (due to increased material costs etc.)
Sales pitch apart. I think both input costs increasing and demand to tax diesel SUVs more are a reality.

When I told him we'd prefer to wait for new Safari (aka Merlin), he apparently did not know what it is and started asking who told you about it and all. But he said there is at least no preparation for a launch happening at their end which should begin at least 1 month before the launch.

Am really in two minds about wait vs book current version now - not so much due to price rise fear, but due to no clarity on Merlin.
Suggest you wait for Jan 2012 Exhibition - If the Merlin shows up you can then take an educated call. If not shown in that event it is not likely to be released in the 2 months following either so you might as well take the plunge.

Secondly waiting till Jan end (for a Jan 2012 manufacturing date makes sense from resale point of even even 4-5 years down the line.) The increased price in Jan will be justified by the increased resale price itself.

Suggest you wait till Jan even at the risk of a cost increase.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 17:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naman07 View Post
After delaying my decision for over 3 months in the wait of Merlin, I have finally decided to take the plunge.
So you managed to break the jinx?! Do post what sort of offers are available in your city.
Old 1st December 2011, 19:23   #54
BHPian

PRICES GO UP!

Safari is now dearer by 18000/-. LX variants have been excluded form price hike. Aria price also up by 28K.
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
So you managed to break the jinx?! Do post what sort of offers are available in your city.
Have booked the car at old price along with free insurance. The car will be delivered by the mid of this month. Will update the final price when I get the delivery of the vehicle.
Old 3rd December 2011, 08:07   #56
BHPian

Price change reflects on the website now.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:44   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Have booked the car at old price along with free insurance. The car will be delivered by the mid of this month. Will update the final price when I get the delivery of the vehicle.
Hi Naman,

I too had booked the Safari VX 4*4 in the first week of November 2011. Got delivery of my car today from Rama Motors. I did not have to pay basis the new price since they had billed the car in end of November itself.

My final on-road price after all discounts came to 14,09,469 (along with free insurance).

Also learnt that the ex-showroom price of the model that I bought has been increased by 18000.

Do let me know whats your final price.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:55   #58
BHPian

Hi Sourav,

Congratulations on getting the beast !!!

My tentative delivery date is around Christmas. Therefore, waiting for the car to come.

Can you please share the break up of the below price either on forum or through PM, as you feel suitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
My final on-road price after all discounts came to 14,09,469 (along with free insurance).
Old 7th December 2011, 12:44   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Sourav,

Congratulations on getting the beast !!!

My tentative delivery date is around Christmas. Therefore, waiting for the car to come.

Can you please share the break up of the below price either on forum or through PM, as you feel suitable.

Here is the break up of the price for the Tata Safari VX 4&4 that I bought:

Ex-showroom - Rs. 1255688 (Rs.5000 extra for pearl white. I bought the Arctic Silver so I did not have to pay this extra)
Insurance - Rs. 39381
Registration - Rs. 162031
Extended Warranty - Rs. 7000
Logistics - Rs. 3500
Others - Rs. 2250 (basic accessories)

TOTAL - Rs. 1469850

Discounts: Insurance (39381) + Corporate discount (6000) + Additional Discount from dealer (5000) + additional discount from TML Sales Head (10000)

Total discount - Rs. 60381

Total price paid - Rs. 1409469 (1469850 - 60381)

Freebies - Car cover + perfume + gear lock
Old 7th December 2011, 13:16   #60
BHPian

Hi Sourav,

Thanks a lot for the break up.

How did you manage the below discount? You knew the guy or due to any other reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
additional discount from TML Sales Head (10000)
Can you please let me know the name of this TML sales head?

Thanks
Naman

Most Viewed