Team-BHP - Autocar Performance Show : 17th – 20th November, 2011
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Autocar Performance Show : 17th – 20th November, 2011 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/109056-autocar-performance-show-17th-20th-november-2011-a.html)

NOTE : Report has been uploaded at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

- The Autocar Performance Show 2011 will be held at the MMRDA Grounds, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai on 17th – 20th November, 2011.

- Timing : 11 am – 8 pm.

- Confirmed participants : Rolls Royce, BMW, Skoda, Volkswagen, Audi, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mahindra, Hyundai and more.

- F1 simulator & Off-roading activities available for visitors.

- Link to the 2010 ACI Show Report.

Thanks for reminding. Was looking forward to this one but had lost from calendar. Hope it really turns out to be a great show unlike the disappointments in earlier ones (not this one last year).

Remember visiting the place last time. Too many Cars and quite a hefty charge for entrance, but the experience was not that good at all.

will visit again to see if there`s improvement if at all this year !

as long as its free entry its ok to go, paying for is hopeless, these shows have no perfomance whatsoever, its absolutely rubbish, been going for 2 years, thank god not paid just visiting friends here and there.

Have been visiting this show for many years now, its got more & more disappointing over the years! If i recollect last years standout cars were the SLS & LP 560-4.
Hope to see Audi & Porsche at the show also and more supercar participation in the Supercar Gallery. Hope they improve the lighting also!

I guess there will also be Times Mumbai Motor show happening sometime later this year.

Looks like I'm the first one to post pictures! here are some, I'll post some more later. :)

I had seen that Rolls Royce sometime ago in Bangalore, wonder whose it is ?

The Gurkha looks butch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 2581026)
I had seen that Rolls Royce sometime ago in Bangalore, wonder whose it is ?

The Gurkha looks butch.

The Mobile Store!

They apparently used it to market their brand. Seen it several times in Chennai as well

Quote:

Originally Posted by jesal (Post 2534262)
as long as its free entry its ok to go, paying for is hopeless, these shows have no perfomance whatsoever, its absolutely rubbish, been going for 2 years, thank god not paid just visiting friends here and there.

I think the entry fee is 100/- . I saw the entry fee on thier website.

I am visiting the show on Sunday, 20th Nov, post lunch. Will be there by 2:00 / 3:00 pm.

Is it worth a visit? The Autocar Performance Show is loosing its excitement with time..

Some More pictures :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500cc (Post 2581026)
The Gurkha looks butch.

Yep, that Gurkha seems like it means business. What is that tent like structure on the top and the ladder at the back? Wonder what they are using it for.

OT: Force + Gurkha + OM611 + 4WD + Creature Comforts (AC/PS/Decent Seats & Interiors) = About to launch since 2007 :deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheQuarterMile (Post 2581067)
Is it worth a visit? The Autocar Performance Show is loosing its excitement with time..

Well, that depends. Yes, last year's APS was absolutely useless. But, I feel that this year's was a little better. if you have a couple hours to spare, its worth a visit definitely. :)
But again, don't expect too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 2581133)
Well, that depends. Yes, last year's APS was absolutely useless. But, I feel that this year's was a little better. if you have a couple hours to spare, its worth a visit definitely. :)
But again, don't expect too much.

Well I am planning to go tomorrow with a couple of my friends and I would be grateful if you can share information regarding these points:
1. What is the entry fee(s) or is it free?stupid: (cause I am going for the first time)

2. Your experience over there (Suzuki Autocross as well as the Exhibition) over a scale of 5.

:OTBut can you guide me how to reach the venue (MMRDA grounds) from Bandra station?

Would be grateful if you can shed some information on this. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark 5 (Post 2581333)
Well I am planning to go tomorrow with a couple of my friends and I would be grateful if you can some information regarding some points:
1. What is the entry fee(s) or is it free?stupid: (cause I am going for the first time)

2. Your experience over there (Suzuki Autocross as well as the Exhibition) over a scale of 5.

:OTBut can you guide me how to reach the venue (MMRDA grounds) from Bandra station?

Would be grateful if you can shed some information on this. Thanks.

To answer your queries,

1. The entry fee is Rs. 100 for visitors.

2. Suzuki Autocross- 0.5/5
Exhibition- 3/5

3. From bandra station, you can take a cab or a rikshaw. Its around 15 minutes from the station as per my knowledge and once you reach Bandra Kurla Complex, there are several signs on the road which will guide you to the APS. Just ask the driver to take you to MMRDA grounds in Bandra Kurla Complex. :)

Hope this helps.