Team-BHP - Mahindra Verito Executive Edition launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra Verito Executive Edition launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/109216-mahindra-verito-executive-edition-launched.html)

High points:

Mahindra Verito Executive Edition launched-316515_271337246233901_100000728839436_950947_1026548969_n.jpg
For more info, click Mahindra Verito Executive Edition here:

Mahindra Verito Executive Edition launched-untitled1.jpg

Another special edition to spice up a low selling car. IMO M&M should spruce up the interiors and bring about mild changes to the exteriors,only then the car will be well accepted by the mass. It is a very good and importantly,very reliable car but hasn't gone down well with people due to its bland looks.

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

I think instead of putting up new interiors Mahindra should concentrate on differentiating its offering to the private and taxi market like the tata did with the indicab.

I mean why dont they put a new honey comb grille and make the car look like the Ford mustag or Tbird. I saw a photoshoped version in tbhp and boy that looked nice.

For the taxi market keep the plain jane looks and the bare bones features.

People who wants to buys car for private use will prefer better looks first and then a respite from the taxi car image

It should be priced a little above the indigo cs otherwise people would not buy this car because of its bland looks and a bit dated interiors . The interior pictures looks likes and 80's car ad and please do something about the hideous wipers :Shockked:

I think mahindra's are over confidant with launch of xuv5oo, else they would have rather reduced the price of verito to 5~5.25 L to garner more no.s

It will definitely not be easy for Logan/Verito to shed the Taxi tag. Note that Tata's Vista/indigo manza still has some reluctant prospects who think it's a souped up version of their erstwhile avatars.

In India the categorization of a product by the public is very strong. Once a product is categorized as a Taxi, it's not forgotten soon. One factor for this is the long product life-cycle here compared to other countries.

It would be better if Mahindra buys the necessary rights to modify the sedan from Renault and try to spruce up the vehicle with an entirely new design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by figo_mba (Post 2537398)
I think instead of putting up new interiors Mahindra should concentrate on differentiating its offering to the private and taxi market like the tata did with the indicab.

+1 IMO this is exactly the thing M & M should do differentiate the car for the cab market and one for private ownership.

The cab version should have the basic trim levels with simple luxuries like power windows in the rear. It can have the same cavernous boot for swallowing the luggage from an airport run.

The private car can be a CS version of the Verito, of course with a smaller boot or notch back (improved stylish rear) maybe with a differentiated grilles, decals etc and with a new brand/ sub branding so that people do not associate it with a cab. Also this would give the excise benefit to people making it more attractive to individual customers. All the news on M & M compact version development abuzz, are you listening M & M?

Decals are horrible and the logo with a Chrome extension on the bonnet can be avoided,gives a pretentious look.
Myself,not been a fan of Logan anyway.

The car is good without these extra decals.
Since majority of these are land up as cabs don't know if this makes sense!

Cheers!

Oh brother, what a hideous car!

I think it is about time Mahindra retired this car and kept a sample in one of their museums.

I don't think any cosmetic makeover is going to help the Verito. The car desperately needs a redesign - the lines, curves, headlights, tail-lamps, everything!

IMO, they should have the Verito only for the taxi community. For private individuals, they should develop a new car altogether, some stickers are not going to help. And the ones they have put on the Executive Edition will definitely not!

I do think mahindra is planning a cs version of the verito and this is just a stop gap arrangement . Mahindra needs to show more commitment towards this car then it will inspire confidence in buyers .agree:

The wipers stay with the same mismatched orientation and power windows switch at the console.

Logan or Verito whatever it is called is a good basic sedan in my opinion, I just bought a 2007 1.6 GLX a month back with 31k on the odo for a good deal, the AC is very good, it's giving me 10-11 kmpl with AC on all the time in moderate city traffic, I would rate the car good.

Yuck to what is special about this edition, but then the Veritio has been doing well in recent time thanks to it's pricing, this may help them move some higher spec variants as well. - or maybe not. I think the special is not special enough for the top spec.