Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 16:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: @ Chennai BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" program on Sunday, 23rd Octo

The road from SRP tools to Velachery is being widened (4 laned) and the location of the Ford will have bad stretch of the road. But, I think parking may not be a problem on Sunday.
Old 21st October 2011, 16:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: @ Chennai BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" program on Sunday, 23rd Octo

So far No call No confirmation from Ford. I am in a situation of dilemma of to make other program to a temple or to wait for the confirmation.Any one has some idea when will they confirm.
Old 21st October 2011, 17:56   #33
BHPian

I got a call from Ford sometime back. The program is confirmed. It will be a theoretical session for 2-2.30 hours and then demo session at the Road Transport campus just bang opposite to this Ford facility. Program starts at 11am on Sunday, the 23rd Oct.
Old 21st October 2011, 18:18   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I got a call from Ford sometime back. The program is confirmed. It will be a theoretical session for 2-2.30 hours and then demo session at the Road Transport campus just bang opposite to this Ford facility. Program starts at 11am on Sunday, the 23rd Oct.
Seems you are a lucky guy to get call and confirmation. I did not get any call. I might be late to register. let me see what will happen till tomorrow. If no call meaningless to go there. If there is no confirmation I will visit Auto expo on Sunday. All the best to the lucky 40.
Old 21st October 2011, 21:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

@ Navan49
I too got a confirmatory call around 3.00 PM today. I will PM the number to you, in case you want to check with them.
Old 21st October 2011, 22:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

If I don't get a call, does it mean that my registration is not confirmed and I cannot participate?

I haven't got a call yet.
Old 21st October 2011, 23:14   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
If no call meaningless to go there. If there is no confirmation I will visit Auto expo on Sunday. All the best to the lucky 40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
If I don't get a call, does it mean that my registration is not confirmed and I cannot participate?
I haven't got a call yet.
I'm not sure if it is mandatory that one should get a call for confirmation because GTO had earlier said..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As long as you send the mail, you are confirmed. Just swing by the venue on Sunday.
By the way, I also wish to visit the Auto Expo. But, my weekend is already jam-packed with lots of things to do.
Old 22nd October 2011, 01:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
@ Navan49
I too got a confirmatory call around 3.00 PM today. I will PM the number to you, in case you want to check with them.
Thank you Gansan. It is nice of you giving the information. With this opportunity I thought of meeting some of you there. I just glanced you once in MSM.But did not get the chance to meet.Pl Pm the Number and I will try to check it out.
Old 22nd October 2011, 04:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

There was no call like others. I got a message telling that
Hi
Thanks for regestering for Ford's driving skills for life programm.
Venue
MPL Ford,Perengudi
Li25 Vikram Sarabhai estate
Near SRP Tools
Thiruvanmiyur
Tharamani Road
Time- 11am to 2 pm
The errors were as appeared in the SMS received atv3 am on 22/10/11
Old 22nd October 2011, 06:47   #40
BHPian

Hope a Bangalore one is soon on the cards. There are very few safe and correct driving initiatives going on. If I recall correctly, there was one a couple of months back. Would be nice to meet other BHP-ians.
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:23   #41
BHPian

@navan49 me as well got the same message at 3 AM.any idea if its just a Consolation message or does it has anything to do with confirmation?
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
There was no call like others. I got a message telling that
Hi
Thanks for regestering for Ford's driving skills for life programm.
Venue
MPL Ford,Perengudi
Li25 Vikram Sarabhai estate
Near SRP Tools
Thiruvanmiyur
Tharamani Road
Time- 11am to 2 pm
The errors were as appeared in the SMS received atv3 am on 22/10/11
Same with me. I too saw a message when I got up and yes it was sent around 3 AM today.

Guys can anyone give me a ride for the venue, My brother is taking the car for a Pondy trip on Sunday. I live in Chromepet, so any one living near Chromept, Pallavaram or Tambaram if you guys are going let me know if if I can join you guys.
Old 22nd October 2011, 12:55   #43
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. Neither did I get a call from Ford nor an SMS like some folks here mention.
Would have been good if they had a uniform method of confirming attendees so that we can be sure. Me and tbhp-ian BrainyLad anyway plan to attend the programme.
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:00   #44
BHPian

SB! I am in the same boat as you. I too have not got a message or mail confirming my registration. I will anyway drop in. If I am not allowed, will utilize the opportunity to take few test drives.
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

^^The person who called me up yesterday asked whether I was bringing anyone along. When I replied in the negative, he said they would prefer more people to attend the event.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks