Team-BHP - @ Chennai BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" program on Sunday, 23rd October
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   @ Chennai BHPians : Ford's "Driving Skills for Life" program on Sunday, 23rd October (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/109654-chennai-bhpians-fords-driving-skills-life-program-sunday-23rd-october.html)

High Points:

Keeping in mind Team-BHP's commitment to safe driving, Ford is organising a "Driving Skills for Life" program only for BHPians. You can own any make of car as a participant (or not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.

- Link to the Bangalore session held last month.

- What? Refer to the post below for my report on the DSFL program.

- When? Sunday, 23rd October 2011 from 11:30 am - 2:30 pm. The interactive classroom session by a Ford trainer will be followed by refreshments and a demonstrative practical session.

- Where? L25, Taramani - Velachery Road, Taramani, Tiruvanmaiyur, Chennai - 600041.

- Capacity? The session can accommodate 40 BHPians (Team-BHP guests also welcome). Prior registration is mandatory.

- How do I register? Drop an email to drivesafe@team-bhp.com with your name and cell number.

Thanks to Ford India for organising this event for us, and for pro-actively conducting the DSFL program across the country. India is in dire need of safer roads.

P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too :)

"Driving Skills for Life"

Source: Visit to Ford's Chennai Factory

As part of its "Corporate Social Responsibility" initiative, Ford has recently launched the "Driving Skills for Life" education program in India. The program's scope will cover its employees, while some dealers too have evinced interest in conducting the program at their level.

So, what is the Driving Skills for life program?

More info at the Driving Skills for Life Homepage

Is it open only to owners of Ford cars ?

Hi Longhorn,

Request to read the opening post carefully:

Quote:

You can own any make of car as a participant (or not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.
Thanks

I have registered just now!

I have registered too. Waiting for the confirmation mail!

Any plans for Delhi?

Feels so glad to be a t-bhp member to get such good opportunities.
I have registered too. Waiting for confirmation mail.

Thanks!

i have registered for 2 persons, just now, waiting for confirmation mail.
cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastActionHero (Post 2548666)
Any plans for Delhi?

Hopefully, sometime soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shekaran (Post 2548709)
waiting for confirmation mail.cheers.

As long as you send the mail, you are confirmed. Just swing by the venue on Sunday. In case of any changes, Ford will call you.

Thanks GTO for the initiative.
Cheers, Good Day.

I have just now sent a mail for registration. I would like to know the venue is Ford Dealer ship located on Velachery Road (while coming in Old Mahabalipuram road from Madhya Kailash you have to take a right turn in the first signal after crossing the Tidel Park signal)

Great! Too late to join since I need to travel!

Wonderful initiative. Thank you, GTO.

I've just sent the request to drivesafe@team-bhp.com. Waiting for confirmation.

Thanks GTO. I too have sent a mail. Waiting for confirmation.