Team-BHP - Fiat India Website Hacked (Again)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat India Website Hacked (Again) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/109947-fiat-india-website-hacked-again.html)

Does Team Bhp have a news section .Couldn't find one so posted it here. Was browsing through the website and came across this.Have a look at these screenshots.

Its almost an hour now , the news still exists on the website.

Sad, but it can happen to anyone. As they say, the only way to be 100% protected from hackers is to remove the internet cable from your server :). Even the industry stalwarts - Google, Microsoft et all - have had their servers compromised at some point in time.

What matters is how quickly Fiat fixes this.

Why target Fiat? :confused:

Sutripta

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutripta (Post 2555209)

Sutripta

They perhaps misunderstood the phrase the term 'fiat cars are built like tanks'lol: I don't see any reason why they would hack fiat-india website!

It is still there on the website, hope Fiat people are aware of it and doing their part.

Quote:

I doubt FIAT was the target. Looks like a generic defacing attack.

They use the same toolkit on literally thousands on websites that are related to India in any way. These toolkits rely on known exploits that have been uncovered in recent past.

Chances are quite a few of these sites would be running off-the-shelf packages like vbulletin, Drupal, wordpress, OS commerce et. el. And some of these sites, would be late in applying latest security patches.

Its probably by some pakistanis? read this what i found when i clicked view pdf below the news Site Hacked by :Pak Falcons:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2555205)
What matters is how quickly Fiat fixes this.

Exactly!!.. Nowadays that's whats matter most. And also, to an extent, how to cover this up.
Quote:

May be a pissed of customer, to whom Fiat didn't respond well? :uncontrol

It's a Sunday. Let FIAT sleep for ONE day! Please!
This just goes to show FIAT's attitude towards its operations in India. I don't think a Suzuki or a Hyundai website would have seen that message for more than a few seconds/minutes.

Cmon guys! It can happen to anyone. Dont read too much into it. FIAT guys will make it all right - if not today then tomorrow. Time and again these hacker groups hack into different websites. The site still shows the hacker's image. So the site has been hacked for a minimum of 10 hours now (the thread was created at 11.30 am today). Do not give these hackers too much publicity.

Come on Fiat India ,fix it up at the earliest. Wonder even if they have any idea about it. Its interesting that only a single update by the hacker . Once a loop hole is discovered , hackers try to post as much as they can.

May be the attitude of Fiat India that has prevented them from posting stupid:. I remember the days when i was handling Websites like Zdnet India and Thinkdigit. On an Average we used to have over a thousand attacks . Just lucky no one was able to get through.

well, website is already fixed . just checked.

Ps:- The guys were not aware IMO. called up at their customer care no to inform them of hack . has to explain them everything , to make them understand . thankfully , they have fixed it now.

I guess Mods should close this thread now as it;s not doing any value addition to forum.

The website has been fixed, but I they have not blocked the HTML page which is still using their DNS.
Site Hacked by :Pak Falcons:

The page reads something like this "Website Has Been Hacked By Pak Falcons And Pak Cyber Force For Raising The Voice Of Kashmir!!!"

Now what is the relationship between Fiat and Kashmir:D?

Are they planning to open a plant in Kashmir?lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 2556062)
The page reads something like this "Website Has Been Hacked By Pak Falcons And Pak Cyber Force For Raising The Voice Of Kashmir!!!"

Now what is the relationship between Fiat and Kashmir:D?

Are they planning to open a plant in Kashmir?lol:

Ha ha ha! :uncontrol Had a good laugh at your comment. Though I pity FIAT at the same time. Nothing has been going right for them, since the begining of their second innings. But this could happen to anyone, so FIAT might not have been targetted hopefully !