Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2006, 18:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on your Adventure. Here is what I know of the deal and what the hardcopy of their manual release has:

- Appointed dealers by Tata Fiat are going to sell the following:

- Palio 1.2 (now going to be launched with Tan leather interiors for the high end version as seen in the brochure).
- Palio 1.2 and 1.6 sport available only in Canary Yellow and Formula red (new features include a complete red shade seats, rear seat headrests, brochure is nicely made by Tata to include all the features the Palio has and was never talked of by FIAT anytime).
- Adventure 1.6 (with red shade seats again, launched in 4 colours: Formula red, Thunder black, and 2 other colours I dont recollect. Note: Anti-Perforation has been wrongly spelt in the brochure as anti-prevention. The Dash board picture on page 2 of the brochure shows some plastic thing on the LHS A-pillar, guess they did not notice this while taking a picture )
- Indica Xeta
- Tata Spacio
- Tata tourin
- Safari Dicor

All these models will be displayed at showrooms having short listed to sell/service both cars.
No Palio/Petra Diesel and neither Petra Petrol for dealers appointed by the Tata Fiat. These models will be sold only by dealers retained only for FIAT. Not sure if they will service them or not. Just a few days before the official list was called out Ashwamegh in Pune ordered for 12 Petra diesels and sold them off in 4 days!!! Since they wont be getting a chance to deal on these cars in near future. They are looking for land to build an additional service station on Pune Bangalore bypass somewhere near Katraj for a facility to service Tata/Fiat cars as their existing facility has only 14-15 service bays. The monthly expected turn out for service is expected to be high and they have stocked spares for Fiat and Tata with a nicely managed store.

Will get back with more details as I see them.
Old 7th March 2006, 19:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

@moralfibre, I didn't get time to check with Ashwmegh, but are they going to continue servicing Petras or not? Did you hear anything on that?
Old 7th March 2006, 20:13   #18
Team-BHP Support

Mebbe they will service petrol versions. But I am not sure. This whole deal will remain a confusion until they officially release the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@moralfibre, I didn't get time to check with Ashwmegh, but are they going to continue servicing Petras or not? Did you hear anything on that?

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th March 2006 at 20:18.
Old 8th March 2006, 00:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is good news. Hopefully both the companies will play their cards right this time. If this set up works well, we may finally get some italian beauties on our roads. I just hope they launch the new Grande Punto soon.

Quote:
Palio 1.2 and 1.6 sport available only in Canary Yellow and Formula red
hey moral, you mean both 1.2 sport and 1.6 sport will only be avaliable in red and yellow? Wasn't canary yellow supposed to be a limited edition model color only? Why are they restricting colours instead of widening the choice? Black would look amazing too.
Old 8th March 2006, 00:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Scene at chennai:

Manipal motors who are tata dealers suddenly also have a fiat logo on their display board. I wasn't surprised, but thought to myself that one day i'll walk into a car store and it'll end up being like a tyre store(board says MRF,JK,bridgestone,good year,etc..).
Just imagine how sales executives will pile up on a customer who step into the showroom.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Hi Guys !!

Just to further elaborate on the deal --

I read in the tatamotors site that servicing for all FIAT's which includes Palio, Petra, Adventure and Uno will be provided.
But there wasnt any mention about petrol / diesel but my guess is that the Diesel Fiats will also be cared at TATA FIAT.

So that clarifies everything i guess.
Old 8th March 2006, 01:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Saw a big ad (full page actually) in todays Hindustan Times - Mumbai edition. It was the formal annoucement a lot of people were waiting for. It said that Tata dealers would now start selling Fiat cars. Shown in the picture were an Adventure and a Yellow GTX. The prices of the same were also given (Adventure at a mouth watering 5.65 L ex showroom I think). Some interesting points -

1) There seems to be no Petra in the equation.
2) The ad mentioned Shaman motors (Mumbai) and Ashwamegh (Pune) and a few well known Tata dealers in Mumbai.

Questions that arise are -

1) What about the existing Fiat dealers?
2) Any news from down south, up north and the east?
3) What about the Petra?
4) Are they selling the diesels too?

Not too clear. Dont have the Anuroop number with me right now. Will keep you posted ... Till then if some one has some more info please do post up. No news on either the Tata Motors or the Fiat website.

Check this site folks ... it has a new add on - INAGRATION OF TATA FIAT showrooms and before u click on its hyperlink do read the stuff clearly to understand the exact coverage of this tie up.
Old 8th March 2006, 05:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

I see hyundai running to hide.
Old 8th March 2006, 06:13   #24
BHPian

just the cold fact that TATA does FIAT such a service is only a reason to

believe TATA's dealership right across the nation would have petrol/deisel variants ...
Old 8th March 2006, 06:32   #25
Team-BHP Support

Yes the TATA-Fiat brochure for Palio Sport carries only 2 colours. The formula Red and Canary Yellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
hey moral, you mean both 1.2 sport and 1.6 sport will only be avaliable in red and yellow? Wasn't canary yellow supposed to be a limited edition model color only? Why are they restricting colours instead of widening the choice? Black would look amazing too.
Old 8th March 2006, 11:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Namit, can we have website URL please?
Old 8th March 2006, 11:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
www.fiat-india.com
www.tatamotors.com/fiat
Old 8th March 2006, 12:47   #28
BHPian

I called up autofin motors they said they would service all fiat cars. Os everybody knows by now only palio petrols and adventure will be sold by them.
The rest of the fiat cars can be bought through fiat dealerships.
Old 8th March 2006, 14:25   #29
Senior - BHPian

In another major development, apparently Fiat India is planning to shut down its Kurla plant and move the production to Ranjangaon plant. It seems that selling this plant will fetch Fiat India around 500-600 crores. This TOI article also says that Fiat India is offering VRS to around 1k+ of its workers. Apparently each of the workers is being offered around 15-16 lakhs.

Here is the link:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1442260.cms
Old 8th March 2006, 23:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp

Sorry forgot to paste that link -

http://tatamotors.com/fiat/

Surprising that fiat-india website is gone down .... believe they are updating it with their present status and offerings and 2 kinds of dealerships in India.

Most Viewed