Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 14:32   #46
Joz
BHPian

Resale will obviously go down. But don't go by what the True Value guys tell you. That could well be the worst place to sell your can in the frist one year.

Only reason I picked an Alto last year was that I was almost certain Zen production would stop in a year or max two. And I was sure I will sell the car by then.
Old 14th March 2006, 14:32   #47
BHPian

Obviously the Resale Value will alsobe dropped in some time.

As soon as The Maruti True Value People remove thier stock of old Zen.

Old 14th March 2006, 16:25   #48
Ice
BHPian

Tarry

pingme,

i haven't heard that they're stopping the zen...could just be me though! i had a near-nasty experience with my fiat petra...all reports that fiat was definitely going to close down prompted me to put my car up for sale, with a huge discount. i haven't sold it though, since fiat and tata blah blah blah..

suggestion 1:
don't put the car up for sale. you'll still get parts for it anyway...

suggestion 2:
sell it through one of the bigger car dealers in your city, but not true value. TValue will have to bow down to the "zen is stopping production so gimme a huge discount" line thrown at them, being part of maruti and all.
Old 14th March 2006, 17:44   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice
i haven't heard that they're stopping the zen...could just be me though! i had a near-nasty experience with my fiat petra...
News was flashed in all newspapers and chanells some time back. It was also confirmed by Sai Service a Maruti Dealer at Pune. As per their sales guy they are even giving huge discounts to clear the stock
Old 16th March 2006, 15:03   #50
BHPian

I checked out with Pratham Motors, Bangalore. The sales guys tell that they are indeed expecting ZEN in new avataar. Interior changes and the usual makeup on the outside. They say that they are expecting the NEW ZEN will be out in April 2006 and are doling out discounts on the existing stocks.

-HARSHAVARDHAN
Old 16th March 2006, 18:40   #51
BHPian

i think closing the production of zen was a bad decision by maruti.. i own zen 1996 model and it stills work absolutely fine... zen was a starting point for the boom in auto industry.
Old 17th March 2006, 08:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

if its the current model of zen relauched with new interiors and makeover then my next car is definitely not maruti.

Its time they stop changing the wrapper on and upgrade the ingredients completely now. No probs using the name zen though.
Old 17th March 2006, 16:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Good news that finally Maruti is going to stop the production of Zen, but wish they stopped the 800 first which is now more than two decades old.
Old 19th March 2006, 00:07   #54
BHPian

the zen was doing badly in sales off late but it was still a good car and very reliable and was a car many people started driving on other thatn the 800!!so all that the zen required was a new design as in interior and exterior and engine work like a new generation or something!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks