Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 11:51   #481
BHPian

Re: The Premier 118 NE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
There is a 2" gap on both sides showing the ugly buckle. It is not that the seat in not fitted properly - I checked it 2 times but could not remove the gap.
I don't recollect seeing a buckle like this on our NE or Viceroy. Now that you mentioned it, I will have to check again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30b16 View Post
Just a few pics of my LatDat (Latin Datsun). Thought the 118 gang might like these pics of my car.
Nice car e30b16! And a nice name (LatDat) too! Please do share some more pictures of your car and the details of any modifications that you have done. The unique box shape of the 118 NE gives owners various options to experiment with dual colours. Here are the pictures of our NE in it's prime. The condition now is not that bad but it needs a fresh coat of good quality paint.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

The Premier 118 NE thread-01.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-02.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-03.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-04.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-05.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-06.jpg
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 13:41   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Just a few pics of my LatDat (Latin Datsun). Thought the 118 gang might like these pics of my car.
The round headlights are to die for. Where did you source them from?
Old 17th December 2012, 15:40   #483
BHPian

A few folks have used the Contessa's round headlamps on the NE after some modification.
Old 17th December 2012, 16:10   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
A few folks have used the Contessa's round headlamps on the NE after some modification.
Ohh Ok. I will check it as I have a set of brand new round lamps brought for my Contessa.
Also can you help me with some guidance from the workshop manual & your Father's expertise on how to service the blower unit? I have never opened it for 23 years of owning it and am facing some loss of air throw & squeaks. I also suspect the rubber hoses of the blower have De-composed.
Old 17th December 2012, 21:56   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Nice car e30b16! And a nice name (LatDat) too! Please do share some more pictures of your car and the details of any modifications that you have done. The unique box shape of the 118 NE gives owners various options to experiment with dual colours. Here are the pictures of our NE in it's prime. The condition now is not that bad but it needs a fresh coat of good quality paint.

thanks rahul

her's another pic

Right now it has bodywork with wheelarches, paint, stock engine with single weber, headers, custom exhaust, custom springs with shocks, hella H 4 head lights (can help anyone interested in these), cromodora wheels.
Will have twin webers, cam, race head, hopefully lsd and a Huge Smile

and many more 118 fans

The Premier 118 NE thread-20121217-16.51.22-edit.jpg

Quote:
The round headlights are to die for. Where did you source them from?
had a bunch imported, hella H 4 , equipped with 90/100 for my use

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 18th December 2012 at 17:00. Reason: Back to back posts.
e30b16 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 10:29   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
This is the best mod that I have seen on a 118 NE. It looks simply fabulous and gives me an inspiration to acquire one.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 10:52   #487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Simply astonishing !!!

I tell you after this picture people who would have dreamt of a MUSCLE CAR in India & would go around thinking that the "Contessa" is the only worthy mod-friendly car, would think again. Because now we have a new kid on the block to play around with
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 11:31   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Awesome looking car !!!! Cool rims.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 11:59   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
WOW! That's an awesome looking car you got there Can we have more pictures of the interiors and other angles of the exteriors.

Last edited by aadithsince1980 : 18th December 2012 at 12:01.
aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2012, 13:26   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

What a beauty!!! Almost making me want to drop my Contessa plan and pick on of these, anyway they are way cheaper than the Contessa at present.
More pics and interiors too.. Also what may have changed under that black hood.
Old 19th December 2012, 05:04   #491
BHPian

Quote:
her's another pic
Thanks for the pic! Did you fabricate the bumper locally or is it modded from the original Fiat 124 bumper?

Quote:
Can you help me with some guidance from the workshop manual on how to service the blower unit?
Here are pages from the 118 NE Workshop Manual from the Ventilation System section. Get the motor serviced by an electrician.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

The Premier 118 NE thread-v1.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-v2.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-v3.jpg

The Premier 118 NE thread-v4.jpg

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 19th December 2012 at 05:08.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 10:36   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pic! Did you fabricate the bumper locally or is it modded from the original Fiat 124 bumper?

Here are pages from the 118 NE Workshop Manual from the Ventilation System section. Get the motor serviced by an electrician.
Hi Rahul, Even I had the same doubt. Whether the bumper was imported or locally fabricated? I locally fabricated, then "Hats off" for the skill of the fabricator.
The blower unit shown in the manual looks like one from the older versions / Non-AC type. Do you have any description for the National AC type from the workshop manual?
Folks, Got some stuff for my NE. The gear rod boot is an Ema product with PAB part number imprinted. Also grabbed a new door lock (driver side), oil filter and a pair of engine mounts. After 99200 Kms of running, the existing engine mounts has got some cracks because of which I could feel the engine vibrations on the steering wheel. So thought of replacing them before they give up.
-Ilango
Attached Thumbnails
The Premier 118 NE thread-19122012370.jpg  

Old 19th December 2012, 13:48   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
The blower unit shown in the manual looks like one from the older versions / Non-AC type. Do you have any description for the National AC type from the workshop manual?
Yes, you are correct. The workshop manual just has a ventilator and no air conditioner! I mean it is an older version that just has a section on the Ventilation System. There is no section on Air Conditioning. Good to see that you are stocking up spares for the car. By the way, how is the NE Megasquirting project going on? Any updates?
Old 19th December 2012, 13:56   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you are correct. The workshop manual just has a ventilator and no air conditioner! I mean it is an older version that just has a section on the Ventilation System. There is no section on Air Conditioning. Good to see that you are stocking up spares for the car. By the way, how is the NE Megasquirting project going on? Any updates?
Thank you. After Diwali vacation we had moved to our new apartment. Till last weekend I had relatives at home. Most of the evenings are spent in buying stuff (like curtains, filming, furniture, what & what not). Have to unpack my NE stuff and continue with the same. Hope to find time from this weekend onwards.
-Ilango
Old 19th December 2012, 14:06   #495
BHPian

Hello Guys,

The bumpers were fabricated by modifying Contessa metal Bumpers . The interior is fully standard and I will post pictures after the carpet and a/c work is done.
e30b16 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks