Team-BHP - Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/110208-hyderabad-international-auto-show-2011-a.html)

HIAS (Hyderabad International Auto Show) is starting from today (28th Oct) at HICC, Novotel and will continue till 30th. This will be a B2C (business to consumer) show. Various Auto manufacturers, Accessory manufacturers, auto-finance service providers are expected under one roof.

The organizers claim Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Bentley to participate in addition to VW, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Suzuki, Mahindra, Tata, Ford, Yamaha and others.

More details at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyder...11616465549425

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 2560393)
HIAS (Hyderabad International Auto Show) is starting from today (28th Oct) at HICC, Novotel and will continue till 30th. This will be a B2C (business to consumer) show. Various Auto manufacturers, Accessory manufacturers, auto-finance service providers are expected under one roof.

The organizers claim Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, Bentley to participate in addition to VW, BMW, Honda, Hyundai, Suzuki, Mahindra, Tata, Ford, Yamaha and others.

More details at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hyder...11616465549425

This is the 3rd edition of the show at the same venue. Last year it had drawn huge crowds across all days and initial reports tell me its looking like the same thing this year as well.

Cheers

I had missed out the show in 2009 and 2010. Planning to go there on 30th October 2011 in the morning. :thumbs up Need to be back in time to watch the Indian Grand Prix! :)

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

There is no Rolls Royce on display. However Aston Martin V8 Vantage and Bentley Continental Flying Spur are the only cars that are attracting crowds. I have seen almost every other car on display there on road so was a bit of disappointment. When will the days come when we get to see some Lambos and Ferraris.

Fellow BHPians,
those of you who were able to go to the show please upload pictures of SUV's slated for launch in the coming model year
thx in advance
amar

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDe (Post 2561638)
When will the days come when we get to see some Lambos and Ferraris.

MDe,

The question is , do we have the roads to drive the above super sport cars in India?

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick56 (Post 2561656)
Fellow BHPians,
those of you who were able to go to the show please upload pictures of SUV's slated for launch in the coming model year
thx in advance
amar

Dr. Amar,

There was one X Trial and the rest BMW X3, Range Rover that were on display are so over highly priced in India. The show was good not great though, something you can give a miss.

Mahindra had nothing to display except a black Thar and Scorpio on their stand.
Regards,

'got to attend the show today- many thanks to fellow tbhpian 'absynthguzzler' (Arun) who was kind enough to give me a pass that he got as extra.

Here are most of the pics. that I took. Sorry I hadnt photo'd too many stalls apart from the ones with the Vintage/Classic cars/bikes! :)

Dividing the set of pics. into 2 posts, this being the first.

The 'New Mars' stall:

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9774.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9775.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9764.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9880.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9779.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9860.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9861.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9859.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9765.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9767.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9868.jpg

Vintage car/bike display:

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9801.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9802.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9876.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9874.jpg

This one's dedicated to our friend Mr. Behram Dhabhar! :)

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9832.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9834.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9835.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9840.jpg

Second set of pics.

'twas difficult (impossible in some cases!) getting proper pics., with the heavy crowds!

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9837.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9838.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9841.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9842.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9845.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9846.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9878.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9879.jpg

Hyderabad International Auto Show - 2011-img_9885.jpg

Superb pics, Stanher. Thanks for sharing!

The Rapide and the V8 Vantage look stunning. Did you manage to get hold of a few interior pics as well? Would love to see how the Rapide's and the V8's cockpits and speedos look like.

And my, my! That silver Jaguar is a scorcher!

Sorry GTO! I will ensure that this will not repeat.

Went for the Auto show... I must say, I am disappointed.
Only the Aston Martini and the Rolls Royce are the crowd pullers. I have taken some pics but from my cell phone and the quality is not so good. I will check if I can upload some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fazalaliadil (Post 2561899)
MDe,

The question is , do we have the roads to drive the above super sport cars in India?

Fazal saab, I was talking about the cars coming in the auto show. They seem to come in the shows at Delhi but Hyderabad doesnt seem to get them. On the roads, its just not worth so far. Even the Harleys for that matter will scrape their bottoms on our roads. So it is definitely going to take some time before we get these on the roads.

I felt not worth visiting this place, The ticket prices are Rs.150 and 200 on Sunday.
If I go to InOrbit mall over weekend, I can see better collection than this with all variants :-)
There are very few exceptions though like Aston Martini and Vantage etc...

Well about the show its just begining to scratch the surface, Give it couple of more years to flourish to reach an excellent stage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by niv26 (Post 2562326)
I felt not worth visiting this place, The ticket prices are Rs.150 and 200 on Sunday.
If I go to InOrbit mall over weekend, I can see better collection than this with all variants :-)
There are very few exceptions though like Aston Martini and Vantage etc...

Well said. The 2011 Hyderabad auto show was a complete disappointment. The entry fees were a rip-off on Sunday. Participation was worse than last year. A few automakers seem to have dropped out - Mercedes, Maruti etc. Surprising since it was crushingly busy with people jostling to see and photograph the few good cars. You can see better cars parked in front of "Beyond Coffee" in Jubilee Hills (and perhaps even touch them, without Bahubalis pushing you away)