Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2012, 20:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014

I prefer the looks of the old design. I just want to see what the new interiors are like and if any other changes have been made
Old 7th July 2012, 21:09   #17
BHPian

those alloys are absolutely stunning. IMHO, Beat is too small of a car for US market. It would be smallest hatch (second to Merc. Smart) out there, I am not sure what market segment Chevy is trying to target (where the market share of hatches is negligible).
Old 7th July 2012, 21:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
those alloys are absolutely stunning. IMHO, Beat is too small of a car for US market. It would be smallest hatch (second to Merc. Smart) out there, I am not sure what market segment Chevy is trying to target (where the market share of hatches is negligible).
The Kia Soul is doing very well here. Maybe Chevy is trying to grab a piece of pie from that market. There are quite a few small cars in the US too, though a large part of the cars on road are monster pickup and SUVs.

Chevy also have another small car in the offering, called Sonic.
Old 8th July 2012, 01:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

This is the 2013 Spark home page - do check out all the options offered

2013 Chevy Spark | Mini Car | Chevrolet

Sonic is the Aveo replacement and looks quite good IMO - both the hatch and the sedan.

Slowly I am seeing an increase in smaller cars being launched in US - another one recently launched is the Scion IQ.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2012, 08:43   #20
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta
This is the 2013 Spark home page - do check out all the options offered

Sonic is the Aveo replacement and looks quite good IMO - both the hatch and the sedan.
The American Spark (Beat for India) comes with 10 airbags as STANDARD - that's T-E-N! It sure must need them if it's going to share space on American freeways with those humongous semis.

How about offering only two airbags (and ABS) as standard (instead of as a part of the so-called option pack only on the LT) for India, Chevy?

Chevrolet is aiming to repeat history by introducing the Sail hatch and sedan which would go the way of their predecessors (Aveo and U-VA) unless they (especially the diesels) come with knock-out price tags.

They should have introduced the excellent Sonic hatch and sedan instead of the Sail twins. The Chinese (SAIC) own 50% of GM India and it must have been they who must have pushed for the introduction of the Sail cars

Edit: I just noticed that the three box Sonic sedan starts at a price that's $900 LESS than the Sonic hatch in the USA!

Last edited by RSR : 8th July 2012 at 08:55.
Old 9th July 2012, 13:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

the beat facelift spied testing in india by ACI
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-0_0_355_http___i_haymarket_net_au_extraimages_20120709051105_417522_341204522624334_1593098245_n.jpg  

Old 9th July 2012, 13:33   #22
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures of the Chevy Spark. The face-lift spotted seem to be similar to the ones given below.
Attached Thumbnails
Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-beat-fv.jpg  

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-beat-front-nose.jpg  

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-beat-side-view.jpg  

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-beat-rv.jpg  

MAS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 16:48   #23
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The American version of the Beat looks even better than the already very good looking car sold here and those alloys are absolutely stunning for an OEM design - I hope the facelift looks very similar to the American car.

While they bring the facelift, GM must ensure that all variants get those roof rails. They are an integral part of the Beat's design and the lower variants look kind of bald without them. The dealers do offer it as an accessory, but it is no match for a factory-fitted one.

Another important inclusion that Chevrolet should not forget - an engine immobiliser (the one with an encrypted transponder embedded into the keys) for all variants. In this day and age, an engine immobiliser is simply too important a feature to be left out of any car.

Last edited by RSR : 9th July 2012 at 17:17.
Old 3rd October 2013, 06:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Beat facelift spotted near Baroda

IAB has published the reporting of spotting a camouflaged Chevrolet Beat facelift near Baroda. Last time the Beat got an update post its launch was in July.
Here are the pics;
Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevroletbeatfaceliftspied.jpg

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevroletbeatfaceliftspiedindia.jpg

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/c...ft-spied-98900
sarathlal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:48   #25
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Beat facelift spotted near Baroda

Seems interesting. Looking at the camouflage it does seem that chevrolet plans to add cosmetic changes. I hope they increase the wheelbase and boot space for one and also better gear ratios for the petrol variant. Auto diesel would be great but no manufacturer is in the mood for it
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately not enough details in the picture to really be able to comment on anything but i guess as time goes by from this point onwards more pictures will emerge. GM said that they would be looking at making noise in the Autoexpo 2014 , which is not to far away now.
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:43   #27
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The international Chevrolet Spark (Beat in India) facelift is very good, which makes the already funky car look sharper and edgier. I hope we get the same here in India:

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-image.jpg

Chevy must provide those roof rails as standard even on the base variant, as they are an integral part of the car's design. The 2013 MY cars get driver's seat height adjustment, which addressed a major issue caused by the high set dashboard and poor under thigh support.

A basic feature the Beat still lacks is the engine immobiliser. I hope it's a part of the facelift. Bluetooth enabled music system would be a nice addition.

Last edited by RSR : 3rd October 2013 at 11:47.
Old 15th October 2013, 16:47   #28
BHPian

Does the international Beat have any mechanical updates or is it just a face lift?
Old 15th October 2013, 18:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

For the US market the 5 speed automatic (conventional type) has been replaced with a CVT
Old 24th January 2014, 17:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted Chevy Beat (s) have been spotted in Pune. Here are the pics (courtesy ODI):

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevroletbeatfacelifttestinginpunespyshot.jpg

Facelifted Chevy Beat. EDIT: Revealed @ Auto Expo 2014-chevroletbeat2.jpg
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed