Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2011, 00:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
Guys is it only me who sees what is so very obviously a Nissan Micra that wants to be Skyline GT-R from the front?
That was the first thought which came in my mind after seeing these pics!!

Well, you guys actually missed the positive side of one car being sold by 2 different manufacturers, of course with minor changes here and there, car service or A.S.S portability has just started in India

Last edited by HammerHead : 30th October 2011 at 00:12.
Old 30th October 2011, 00:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

This is a male version of a female car.
sidindica is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 01:02   #18
BHPian

So finally we have a competitor for the already scary looking micra the french micra , what i seriously fail to understand is that why dont the designers take the design factor seriously, whats wrong ? Are all companies doing sheep walking of launching the 6-8 Lac similar hatches.
Old 30th October 2011, 01:05   #19
BHPian

The chain only continues.. First Skoda Fabia then Honda Jazz and now Renault Pulse. Skoda and Honda learnt their lesson and atleast their sales have improved.. But some people never learn.. IMHO even if it is loaded to the grill people are going to find the likes of Polo and Swift and i20's Top Models more and more VFM and appealing.. 2 out of the above 3 premium hatchbacks i.e. swift and i20 belong to a company that have started really small and have gone on offering more products and have reached a stage that people are ready to buy them pants down.

It will be a disaster if they price it above Micra. According to me Micra Diesel only lacks ABS what can you offer more than that?

They are simply overpricing their products to get the premium badge. Doesnt work when you have thousands of Logans running as taxi's all around.. Instead offer good quality products and a satisfactory service at reasonable prices. After Brio I wont even accept the argument that premium interiors cant be built to cost.

If you still wanna try then offer a better shaped and different car and not a photoshoped version of your sister concern.

Last edited by psbali : 30th October 2011 at 01:09. Reason: addition
Old 30th October 2011, 03:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This is a male version of a female car.

Renault has completely missed the opportunity. Launching the same product with minor facelift is not a long term strategy.
Are they planning to export this from Chennai plant? I think the focus is more on exports rather than the local market. Without proper local strategy, Duster will also bite the dust.

Last edited by C300 : 30th October 2011 at 03:10. Reason: Formatting
Old 30th October 2011, 06:42   #21
BHPian

Renault, in God's name, why? What a hideous looking car. Premium positioning? Sure, probably will have monthly sales of 3 digits.
Old 30th October 2011, 07:02   #22
BHPian

They have Modus, they have Twingo and they do this!
I hate this rebadging bug that manufacturers have caught.
The interiors are ditto Micra too.

Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled-pulse-int.jpg

Name:  pulse rear.JPG
Views: 4759
Size:  19.1 KB

Image courtesy Autocar India

OT - I hope the sedan they are planning to launch next year won't be a rebadged Sunny

Last edited by driveanddrive : 30th October 2011 at 07:28. Reason: Addition.
Old 30th October 2011, 08:27   #23
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st October 2011 at 16:10.
manasmadaan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th October 2011, 08:46   #24
BHPian

I couldn't sleep last night after seeing this Micra twin (of course, this girl has a different stylist and since she is taking french classes and eats french toast, insists she has a french connection)

I tried digging out from my common sense and then from management strategy books and journals but could not muster a plausible explanation for what Renault has done to us. I can somehow remotely justify such an act of re-badging a successful car but even then there has to be some sort of differentiation in terms of certain characteristics of the car which then would make it appeal to those who haven't taken to the original in the first place. But here, everything is the same. I seriously deem it an insult to the Indian consumer. I was waiting for the Duster with baited breath, but now just wish Renault's Indian operation becomes bankrupt
octane_100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2011, 08:58   #25
Senior - BHPian

This car, as others have pointed out, is completely meaningless. The front the car is aggressive which does not suit the car overall character of the car. Micra obviously looks a lot better than this and in fact, IMO, Pulse will show that Micra is good looking ( which upto some extent it is ).
With the competition in the form of many cars like Liva Diesel, Polo, Swift in the diesel segment and in case of petrol Swift, Jazz, even i20 and Polo are the one to fight with.

Reanult will not have its game easy with this kind of products and strategies. This can already be seen in the D segment where they are not making such high sales. Fluence with a 1.5l D for a car costing more than Rs. 12 lakh ? Even Corolla was not able to do expected damage due to small engine.

Pulse makes me feel that new Swift, I20, Polo and even Liva are better cars. I atleast expected a 4 cylinder mill in petrol form from Renault ( they have the available tech ).
Old 30th October 2011, 09:08   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
They have Modus, they have Twingo and they do this!
I hate this rebadging bug that manufacturers have caught.
The interiors are ditto Micra too.
Completely agree. I did not expect such a blatant rip off. Renault has the know-how and they should have launched something of their own. As sidindica mentioned, this indeed looks a male version of the Micra.
Old 30th October 2011, 09:15   #27
BHPian

First picture looked as if they were launching a face-lifted Micra, came to senses after seeing the Renault logo. Has the pricing been announced?

Having said that, I'm still bemused by the exorbitant pricing strategy of Nissan / Renault considering that they were never premium brands elsewhere in the word .Will they ever understand the Indian market ? Hint: Hyundai, Maruti .

PS ": LoL Sid!! Don't tell me Nissan , Renault are starting a new "His Car / Her Car Collection". Key features include and are limited to Bumper Grill and Tail lamps mods across variants. Reminds me of the Golmaal movie.

Last edited by Maverick_x1 : 30th October 2011 at 09:27. Reason: Formatting and Content
Old 30th October 2011, 09:48   #28
BHPian

I seriously think that the design department at Renault must be on vacation - I mean, what the heck is this?? It is SO Micra!!

Damn, I was so looking forward to the Clio, or the Megane hatch coming to India. I don't know, I think this is going to be a market failure, unless the car is going to come loaded with features at a low price. That, and Renault will have to do something about their weak dealer network if they are going to be serious about sales.
Old 30th October 2011, 09:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

When I host a birthday party for my kid (when I have one), I am going to organize a contest for all kids; park Pulse and Micra side by side and ask them to spot the differences.

Do our moderators need to create a new test drive and review report? I think they can just copy-paste the Micra's

And I read somewhere that Renault will charge a premium for Pulse, over an already overpriced Micra. Any idea what additional features they are going to offer to justify the price tag?
Old 30th October 2011, 10:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Can't comment on the looks before I see it in person, but it seems to be a bit more sportier than the Micra at least. But if the features for different variants are also going to be the same for Pulse & Micra, then sorry Renault, I don't see a point of existence for this "All New Pulse" Especially since the occupants will have no clue if they're travelling in a Micra or a Pulse!
Come on Renault, not even dashboard colour changes? But still a slight premium over the donor model, the Micra? Oh god! Now Skoda & VW, Renault & Nissan will all have different badges Hurray!
At least offer ABS as standard or do something with the features part, else Pulse+Micra sales = current Micra salesonly
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks