Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 01:27   #46
BHPian

Just something you would expect from a manufacturer hesitant to invest in a small car with lower margins. Renault should have brought the modus. India has not been kind to anyone who is not prepared for long term commitment and investments. I think the same can be expected here as well.
What next ? a re-designed Sunny ?

Last edited by figo_mba : 31st October 2011 at 01:29.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 01:53   #47
BHPian

Re: Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled

Guys, maybe Renault is planning to export this car to markets where Nissan Micra is not present? Since they are already badging it Renault, why not sell them in India as well so that they have bigger portfolio. I don't think they are doing this just for India. If they are, how can they expect people to believe that they are taking our market seriously?
chpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 02:20   #48
BHPian

Re-badged cars are quite common. Heck, even the Skoda Fabia and the VW Polo is pretty much the same car. So why single out Renault? Having said that, the least they could have done was give it a decent look.
Old 31st October 2011, 07:01   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Re-badged cars are quite common. Heck, even the Skoda Fabia and the VW Polo is pretty much the same car. So why single out Renault? Having said that, the least they could have done was give it a decent look.
Skoda Fabia and VW Polo are not "re-badged" - yes, they share the same platform but look and feel very different - not like the Pulse and Micra
Old 31st October 2011, 07:23   #50
BHPian

Is this the same car shown in Renault.co.in (Winter 2011 launch)?

Hi,

I was browsing through the Renault.co.in website to check if the "Winter 2011" car has been unveiled. To my surprise its still under covers. So is Pulse the car which is still under covers? The profile of pulse doesn't match that of the one shown in their website. Moreover the pulse matches the "Summer 2012" profile more (everyone is speculating that this would be Duster). Any thoughts

Image Courtesy: Indianautoblog.com/Renault.co.in

Venki

PS: sorry for the bad crop, done with Ms Paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled-othercars_range1.jpg  

Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled-othercars_range2.jpg  

Old 31st October 2011, 10:24   #51
Senior - BHPian

"Great effort" Renault-Nissan! What next? Nissan Koleos? Perhaps Nissan Fluence.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:37   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Re-badged cars are quite common. Renault is trying to emulate the fairly successful VW-Skoda badging!
So now the customer has an added confusion whether to go the Renault or Nissan way, given that both have a wafer thin dealership network!

Cheers!
Old 31st October 2011, 12:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

I recently test drove the micra {base petrol} and was planning to replace my wife's alto with this. But I was surprised with the uninspiring engine and flat rear seats. The A.C vents though similar to the old swift were very flimsy and the car lacked that quality that you would expect from Nissan. It was just like a maruti! Why would you buy a Nissan if you get the same quality as a maruti?
And I'm surprised that even though the micra has not been a great success, renault has chosen to offer the very same car with a different badge! I hope they have not underestimated India with this strategy and charge a premium over the micra for this pulse. If they do so then i'm sure our folks would understand this fact and show the car the bottom of the b segment chart.
Old 31st October 2011, 12:08   #54
BHPian

No words really. What is Renault thinking? They seem to be hell bent on being a failure in India. If the do not price this one correctly, they are a goner for sure.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:03   #55
BHPian

We are normally so excited about a new car launch. Even there is so much excitement about important upgrades also. But this is the first time, a new car (?) is launched and there is no excitement at all. In the same time, XUV500 thread had gone up by some 70 pages after the launch. A big thumbs down from team BHP.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:15   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Going against the tide here, but I actually love that front end. It looks far better than the feminine Micra to my eyes. Surprise, as I don't think too much of the Fluence' or the Koleos' design. The Pulse sure looks like a hot hatch with those awesome alloy wheels.

BTW, it makes for a smart business decision. Sister company already has a competent hatchback ready, then why not make use of it. This car is the single reason that Renault opted for independent dealerships. And without the Pulse, Renault dealers would run bankrupt.
Old 31st October 2011, 16:51   #57
BHPian

It is really very interesting to note that people are actually able to find differences between the Micra & the so called Pulse that we see in the picture.

Correct me if I am wrong is it not the same Micra with Renault badge. or am I missing something very obvious here.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:40   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Going against the tide here, but I actually love that front end. It looks far better than the feminine Micra to my eyes. Surprise, as I don't think too much of the Fluence' or the Koleos' design. The Pulse sure looks like a hot hatch with those awesome alloy wheels.

BTW, it makes for a smart business decision. Sister company already has a competent hatchback ready, then why not make use of it. This car is the single reason that Renault opted for independent dealerships. And without the Pulse, Renault dealers would run bankrupt.
I also think it looks better than the Micra. The point is do we need another car which is exactly similar save for a new badge? That too from a manufacturer whose has not exactly made itself appear loyal to the Indian market. Renault is most likely not to win any fans over this.
Old 31st October 2011, 17:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Some clear pics. Source BSM.
Doesn't look good
Attached Thumbnails
Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled-pulse1.jpg  

Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled-pulse2.jpg  

Old 1st November 2011, 00:47   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault-Nissan strategy in India is really confusing! Will be surprised if this one sells.

They can make more money by renting out their HUGE plant capacity to Maruti Suzuki to make the Swift/Dzire instead of such lame attempts.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks