Team-BHP - Got my City ZX
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Got my City ZX (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11030-got-my-city-zx.html)

I have been a T-BHP lurker for over four months. Great site – it’s been a treat to read the honest content – you sure beat those automags hollow! And I got valuable inputs for my first sedan purchase.– thanks!!.
I got my City ZX GXi 15 days back. Took a HDFC Bank car loan (5lac-48 months-6.75% diminishing). Completed 2200km (1400km on highway). Here is an early feedback on the car:
FE: Highway - 15 kmpl. City – 12 kmpl.
Good road presence - truckers, two wheeler riders take you seriously! The reworked front and rear give it a well rounded, big-car feel.
Ground clearance adequate for city driving, but town roads are a problem. Scraped it thrice on one evening - two speed breakers on either side of a rail crossing (with five passengers inside), and once while attempting to reverse up a very steep slope. Luckily no damage, except for minor scrapes on silencer and chassis (checked at 1000km service).
Ride on rough roads is average - gets bumpy on bad patches.
Central lock does not activate upon turning the ignition - driver has to press down/up the central locking/unlocking. The dealer calls it is a safety feature to prevent lockout if vehicle is left with engine running.
Felt stable at 140kph speeds I did on highway.
Well calibrated power steering makes city driving effortless. Manoeuvrability is good.
Power delivery is good, with uniform acceleration.
Braking is good, but don’t they catch a tad early and suddenly?
AC is good, by sunfilm improves its efficiency several notches - went in for V-kool film on all glasses, including front windscreen.
Humungous boot - very useful for international air passengers.
Interior is large and airy. Rear legroom and seat contouring is exemplary.
Wiper stalk is not notchy enough - sometimes activates on accidental hand jerks.
Handbrakes - very good. Car just doesn't move if engine is revved with handbrake on.
Gearshift is notchy and pleasing to work.
Uncluttered stowage - twin glove box snaps shut neatly and door recesses are useful. Cupholders for rear passengers are between front seats – it is uncomfortable to bend forward with belts on.
Alpine head unit - user friendly controls, plays MP3, clock works even when unit is switched off.
At delivery, I noticed front LHS door had to be banged shut. The dealer rectified it next day, satisfactorily. Three days ago, I noticed rattling from same door, which the dealer rectified it after two trips.
Beige mats and carpeting are stain prone (not fully removed at first service). Have placed transparent plastic ones.

Hey bro welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car. Nice write up. Also how come you did a 140 on a brand new car.. what about the running in period for the new car?? is it safe to do that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather
Hey bro welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car. Nice write up. Also how come you did a 140 on a brand new car.. what about the running in period for the new car?? is it safe to do that?

I have done a 180+ on my new first generation NHC on the Ahmedabad - Baroda Expressway. Of course the road had an descending slope to aid me attain that speed :p (Honda claims a top speed of 178 km/h I guess) Did it with less than 750 kms on the clock.

The Honda dealers here claim that the new generation engines do not need to be run in and can be revved right from day one.

Just before I sold the car, I was getting FE of about 14.75 - 15 on the highway with 100% a/c usage. clap: kept the car till about 1500 kms on the meter.

Before you ask, I had met with an accident in the car, so changed it to the NHC Vtec :)

AP

Hey Poseidon, welcome to Team BHP; Congrats on your new car & a very well written & objective reviewclap: .

congrats posiedon on ur new car.. happy revving dude.. does anyone took the new city vtec in here???

congrats poseidon, on your new car - treat her well

and congrats to apurva too

Well written man, Congrats on your new car!!!
Drive safe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godfather

Though the dealer assured me the car need not be run in at all, I took care not to cross 3k rpm/100kph during the first 1000km (the manual does caution against max revving in first 1k km). The 140 kph was after first service..