Team-BHP - October 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   October 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/110482-october-2011-indian-car-sales-analysis-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2574557)
Sorry, but they aren't shared by any manufacturer. If it helps, the North India region is the king with about 35+% of all sales, followed by Western India with about 30%. Again, this is not the Golden rule but is applicable to many manufacturers.

Thanks.The reason for asking this was due to the report i read in newspaper.
Vehicles' sales up in Bihar - The Times of India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving_Nomad (Post 2567209)
Thanks GTO for the sales figures! I must say, a thorough analysis of the Indian Car sceneclap:!! However, there's one thing I am pondering over. The dealer that I bought my GP from (Last week) is selling 20 GPs and 8-15 Lineas a month on a consistent basis (I went through his sales chart for 2011), which makes a total of 30 FIAT cars a month on an average. This means that they are booking 1 FIAT car every single day (may vary, just for the sake of analysis) of the month. If a dealer in a TIER-2 city like Mysore can do this, what is going wrong with dealers in Metros and cities like bangalore? Are dealers and SEs not pro-active enough? or are they driving prospect FIAT customers towards the VISTA/MANZA? I don't think the latter could be happening as there are separate SEs for TATA and FIAT and each one of them would have targets to achieve.

One more information I got to know from the dealer is that TML is revamping the entire process (From TD,Booking to Delivery and After sales) for their cars and invariably all dealers' SEs are getting trained. The SE also said that the new process, when practiced, may help boost sales and I was not sure how.

What are your thought on this?

I too have the same doubt. Today I gave my Linea for service at Concorde, Cochin and I enquired about Fiats sales for last month. They say that they sell 35 Fiats a month on an average. Then whats going wrong with Fiat? I had also seen some brand new Puntos and Lineas last month. He also said that after the recent hike in petrol prices the sales of petrol Fiats(including the T-jet) is very very low.

As usual, very good analysis GTO. Toyota Innova and Fortuner sales appears to be affected in Oct, it may be a XUV500 effect. However, I am very sure though the queue for XUV is going to get longer as soon as bookings open, numbers for Innova and Fortuner will rise again. Never liked the Fotuner so much, and but simply love it now after seeing XUV.

Thanks for the report GTO.
Beat is doing a fantastic job, though most of it would be diesel. Not sure why Spark sales are not as good as the earlier months. Fiat i feel has lost track completely. Great to see xuv500 kick start well.

I think that Nissan Sunny with a diesel engine is going to do wonders for the car. I have already started seeing so many sunny's on the road already. The car looks good and is comfortable. I too may buy one if the diesel model is priced competively.

Cayenne has been consistently doing good numbers this year. That’s what a potent and frugal diesel engine does to even an expensive car. 30 units is commendable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 2575545)
Cayenne has been consistently doing good numbers this year. That’s what a potent and frugal diesel engine does to even an expensive car. 30 units is commendable.

That's because it is a 911 perfectly suited to India. How?

1 - High riding; Bad roads? What bad roads?
2 - Comes with a Diesel engine

Quote:

Originally Posted by designersf (Post 2577168)
That's because it is a 911 perfectly suited to India. How?

1 - High riding; Bad roads? What bad roads?
2 - Comes with a Diesel engine

I do understand the point you were making there friend, but don't call the Cayenne a 911. 911 is not what you associate to a 8sec 0-100 diesel SUV. But it indeed is the best 3.0 Diesel self driven SUV money can buy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorque (Post 2577181)
I do understand the point you were making there friend, but don't call the Cayenne a 911. 911 is not what you associate to a 8sec 0-100 diesel SUV. But it indeed is the best 3.0 Diesel self driven SUV money can buy.

Agreed with your point. Best handling SUV or the 911's equivalent in the SUV world. Will you take this? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by designersf (Post 2577186)
Agreed with your point. Best handling SUV or the 911's equivalent in the SUV world. Will you take this? :)

Sure i would. Just google 'Cayenne Turbo vs 911 autocar.co.uk'
Good way to analyse Cayenne's abilities. On the road, there is no subtitute.

The downward trend begins for the new VW twins - Jetta and Passat. Expect discounts / revised prices / limited editions soon. :thumbs up

Jetta - three month waiting list - my guess is that they are being careful and assembling to order. VW Downtown claimed to have some in stock though.

Passat - How many do you see? I am starting to see some lately. When the Jetta came out end August, I saw a white Passat Comfortline sitting in VW Palace Cross. Last week, I went there to TD a Jetta,, it was still there. Front seat grubby from people trying it out. I enquired and the answer was

"Saar, it is blocked by someone who is abroad, we did not want to keep it in the yard"

If that was the case, it would have been kept locked

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2566367)
- Rounding up the rear are HM-Mitsubishi (all cars tanking, save for the Pajero that brings in some $$$) and Fiat (Punto recording its lowest ever sales). I understand that Fiat has problems, but still, things are that bad that the cars should only sell 622 units. When things get tough, the weakest are the first to lose, I guess.

I heard that there was a major fire in Fiat's stockyard in Bangalore in August and they are facing parts issues. I don't know how much of this is true. This is what my friend was told since he is waiting for a spare part for his car for the last one month (thankfully, the car is not off the road - because the service centre has "sourced" the part for the moment from the showroom manager's totalled Punto).

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 2580113)
I heard that there was a major fire in Fiat's stockyard in Bangalore in August and they are facing parts issues. I don't know how much of this is true. This is what my friend was told since he is waiting for a spare part for his car for the last one month (thankfully, the car is not off the road - because the service centre has "sourced" the part for the moment from the showroom manager's totalled Punto).

The fire was at the FIAT spare parts distribution center near Pune I guess. As far as I am aware of there was no fire associated with FIAT in Bangalore.

Hi Folks,

Was browsing the net in the evening and got this article.
Diesel car makers overtaken by demand surge

Some important points: