Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 14:41   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: October 2011 : Indian Car Sales & Analysis

One of the most awaited threads at the end of every month,just like a paycheck
I appreciate your efforts GTO.Great job.
Looking at the figures,i'm still wondering how the fortunes of Renault Logan has changed after being named Mahindra Verito.Also,can we have figures of Thar?Read in some other thread that its selling quite well.
I feel there are a few vehicles that need to be taken off the production line.
Lets see what more is there on offer in coming months.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:46   #62
BHPian

Is there a way for us to bifurcate this report for people who buy cars for personal use or commercial use ? That would certainly change the tables as a lot of these cars are bought for commercial purposes.
Old 4th November 2011, 14:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
On a separate note, Fiat Linea, with these numbers, they can easily hand-craft each vehicle . Do they need an assembly-line? On a serious note, wouldn't the infrastucture costs be killing Fiat India on a daily basis? The question is, how long can they really pretend to be a car manufacturer in India? and more importantly, what would be the fate of existing Fiat customers if and when Fiat stops making cars in India?
I guess the assembly line is more used by TATAs than FIAT. As per my info, till late 2013 there would not be any new launch as such. I wonder if they will even exist after 2014. The source even mentioned about a divorce on cards. I am not sure if this is only the dealership thing or the whole alliance. TATAs have also invested big time in RJ plant so seems more or less a separate dealership kinda thing.

With this type of sales, I wonder even if there would be any takers for a FIAT exclusive dealership.
Old 4th November 2011, 15:34   #64

Thank you GTO for that excellent analysis. What is disappointing for me, being from Kolkata, is that I see over 1K sales numbers for the Mahindra XUV in October and yet we still haven't had the opportunity for a test drive in our city , let alone booking the same. The showrooms keep pushing back the dates every time they are called. Apparently we may have a shot at it in the second-third week of this month!
Old 4th November 2011, 16:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
So what do the Sales Executives do when someone walks in & says

I want to buy a
- Porsche Panamera
- MS Grand Vitara
- Hyundai Sonata
- Mitsubishi Evo X
- Toyota Prius

Do they faint instantly? Or do they manage to dig up the right documents required?
Or do they give strange looks?

Seriously makes me wonder.

Sheer curiosity makes me want to go into 1 of these showrooms and ask for a test-drive and see the reaction.

What does the company say?
or
Rather does the Sales Rep. ask me 'Why Sir, Why?'

Thanks again GTO.
Hahaha ... Nice one. I also felt little weird when i inquired about Accent in Hyundai showroom some time back. SR was surprised, he said why dont you try i20. I said i want Accent only, for that he said he dont have car available in showroom and need to call from godown. Afterwards also he was not at all interested in giving info about Accent.
Old 4th November 2011, 16:57   #66
BHPian

Wow what sad figures.

A* and Ritz - What happened to them?

Fiat - God only save them

I shudder to think what kind of figures will happen now Nov onwards for all manufacturers

All these new launches happening, other than XUV500 there were nothing that excited on price or features. I think thats what car companies need to focus on now when they plan a product. But definitely next quarter is a total goner for most of them.

Cheers
Old 4th November 2011, 17:48   #67
BHPian

Thanks GTO for the report. Toyota Prius - only one in Oct? Last week I have seen one Prius in Chennai with out registration. Was I lucky to see the only sold vehicle in entire India?
Old 4th November 2011, 18:02   #68
BHPian

With petrol prices sky-rocketing , it would be interesting to see the sales of cars with petrol only variants in the month of November . In Bangalore petrol price is now 77rs/liter . I run a mpfi zen and my running is is around 800 km per month and now i am not the sort of guy who changes his car every other year .I am seriously contemplating that my next car would be a diesel hatch . The sad part is we do not have a single diesel hatch in the A+ segment . With parking spots getting ever so premium ,traffic getting chaotic , petrol prices sky-rocketing the order of the day is a small diesel hatch . The Chevy spark with the 936 cc diesel engine would be tailor-made for a place like Bangalore .
Old 4th November 2011, 18:13   #69
Senior - BHPian

I was speechless after seeing the FIAT wholesale numbers for October.

In October 2011 , the HM Amby has outsold the Fiat Linea

May we T-Bhp'ians ask Fiat what is their answer to this ?
Everyone at FIAT should hang their heads in shame.
Old 4th November 2011, 19:06   #70
BHPian

Thanks GTO!
Sad to see the FIAT numbers. The Italians design gorgeous cars but unfortunately with sub-par A$$ and mileage. Once again proves that the indian customer prefers Japanese/Korean practical cars.
Old 4th November 2011, 20:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi

Hahaha ... Nice one. I also felt little weird when i inquired about Accent in Hyundai showroom some time back. SR was surprised, he said why dont you try i20. I said i want Accent only, for that he said he dont have car available in showroom and need to call from godown. Afterwards also he was not at all interested in giving info about Accent.
So what did u do finally?

Did you go to some other showroom?
Write a letter to the company?
Check out other cars? Manza, D'zire, Verito?

I would love to know your response & end result.

Thank you.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:06   #72
BHPian

Thanks GTO. I have been waiting for this so long. Its a shame that petrol prices are sky rocketing and its badly affecting the manufacturers and consumers alike in one way or other.

All sales are down and does not look bright. I will not surprised if the sales plummets more from what it is now.
Old 4th November 2011, 23:37   #73
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice recap GTO,

Feel three major factors are resulting in abnormal figures.

1) Petrol Price hike
2) Impending recession threat along with high car interest rates.
3) Maruti working at 50% capacity sending buyers to other brands.

We need to see how the market shapes up by Jan. We can expect nov dec to be dissasters overall.
Old 5th November 2011, 08:09   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
With this type of sales, I wonder even if there would be any takers for a FIAT exclusive dealership.
I dont think the JV is the only cause of the failure.. If this would ve been the reason, then even tata vehicles would not sell. How come indigo series and indica series sales ve increased and linea/punto sales ve reached a record low. There is much more to the low sales than this JV
Old 5th November 2011, 08:53   #75
Senior - BHPian

No surprises in stock for this month's sales figures. Only the Maruti's drastic pull down due to the labour issue is the big difference here. And I stopped reacting to FIAT's poor performance, got used to seeing pathetic numbers month over month now. Talking about FIAT's figures is like doing this now- And the only surprising aspect about FIAT's sales numbers are the company's reaction towards the same. They seem to be reacting lesser than most of us bhp-ians actually

Last edited by aravind.anand : 5th November 2011 at 08:55.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed